• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Player Locator

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I didnt know there were groups until a week ago. Nobody added me/told me about them.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I'm going to be at the cereus hall in the Barrett dorms at asu starting this fall. Going to really put and effort in to getting back into the scene, especially since i wont be having any classes friday nights I should be able to make it to the local smashfests.

I'm also going to be attending Evo to get my *** kicked, is there a thread already about az smashers at evo/who's going and can I hang with you guys for part of the weekend? I'm really just going for the experience and to get my moneys worth out of the donation drive.

First round pools I'm against someone named Alejandro Soto (Eef) and my minimal research on youtube tells me he is a smasher from tuscon. Anyone know him?

Wait, Cereusly?

trololololololololol

Sup, I'm Gem, I'm at the Barrett Community in Vista. You'll be seeing a lot of me and the other Barrett smashers. We have a weekly every Friday at 7pm in the 4th floor lounge between Willow and Rosewood. Just show up with your controller and a set-up if you've got one and you can meet everyone. Meanwhile, see if you can find me on Facebook (Geoffrey Miller (Gem)), or maybe Tai or somebody else. We'll get you into the FB groups so you can be in the loop. Looking forward to meeting you and all the other new guys!

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Whats the Tucson area facebook group named? I cant find it. Im on the Smashboards one, but that seems worldwide?

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Just to be redundant, there's a Smash Weekly at ASU tomorrow (Friday) at 7pm in the honors dorms. If you're at all interested in these events, you should at least come to this one so that we can meet you, get your names down, and add you to the Facebook groups where we communicate the most. Contact me so you can get in if you're not a Barrett student.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Whats the Tucson area facebook group named? I cant find it. Im on the Smashboards one, but that seems worldwide?
Everyone is in "Arizona Melee Community", its a closed group so you have to get somebody who's already in the group to add you.

If you play Brawl it's "Arizona's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Scene"

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys. I requested an invite to the Melee Community. Names Karl.

MILKMILKMILK

Smash Rookie
Tucson, near Pima west. SSBM
Looking to get together with anyone in the Tucson area. Returning to college after a long hiatus, picked up the controller again last week and I want to get back in the game.

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
Well, melee is coming back, and it turns out my account on here still exist. And yeah, looking to get back into the game, I live in Queen Creek, but I'm looking to get back in.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Hello, The Phenom (g&w). Trying to find people in Qween Creek/Sun tan valley or 20-30min. from that. Going to be there Dec 27-30; in Yuma AZ right now

Moises btw =)
(818) 422-5388

Waiting for AZ community approval

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Melee

Wats up?
Here now, qween creek/sun tan valley. Im going to set the plan to smash saturday in these two towns.

(818) 422-5388 let me know whats up.
Ok, first thing you'll want to do is find the Arizona Melee Community Facebook page because that's where we communicate with each other. We really only use Smashboards for official tournament pages and the power rankings. If you can't find it, let me know and we'll work that out. Good to have you! You picked the right game.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Ok, first thing you'll want to do is find the Arizona Melee Community Facebook page because that's where we communicate with each other. We really only use Smashboards for official tournament pages and the power rankings. If you can't find it, let me know and we'll work that out. Good to have you! You picked the right game.
Ill check fb AZ group. So far I have no replies from people. Heading back to CA , Dec30. Thanks for the reply!

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
Well, for an updated list. I play project m mostly now. It I delve into melee every now and again.

Surprise AZ
Crossroads: cactus & reels

Andizee

Smash Rookie
Phoenix, AZ 27th Ave and Camelback Rd.... soon to be living in Maricopa City for a while.

Games: SSB64, Melee, P:M. I barely played P:M for the first time during the tournament and I'm hooked, I love Melee, but I have to choose P:M over it now. Ha.

I'm just getting back into Smash, and barely participated in my first tourney. I'm still very much a novice when it comes to advanced techniques, but I'm learning.

I'm open to attend any tournaments that are coming up, or just any random smash get together.

Last edited:

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Phoenix, AZ 27th Ave and Camelback Rd.... soon to be living in Maricopa City for a while.

Games: SSB64, Melee, P:M. I barely played P:M for the first time during the tournament and I'm hooked, I love Melee, but I have to choose P:M over it now. Ha.

I'm just getting back into Smash, and barely participated in my first tourney. I'm still very much a novice when it comes to advanced techniques, but I'm learning.

I'm open to attend any tournaments that are coming up, or just any random smash get together.
Cool! Find the Arizona Melee Community Facebook page and the Arizona Project Melee Group page if you haven't already. You won't find much community dialogue here.

Emi Hazel

Smash Rookie
Phoenix, AZ
16th St. and E Baseline
Lucas Main
Doesn't own any of the games or systems, just a few controllers.

goateeguy

Smash Ace

Geth Drips

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody, I'm Neal from Flagstaff. Just getting into competitive Smash over the past couple months, playing mostly P:M and a little bit of Melee. My mains are Marth and Zelda in P:M, Marth and Sheik in Melee. Would someone like to add me to the facebook group? That would be awesome! Looking forward to getting to know some other smashers from AZ!

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Hey everybody, I'm Neal from Flagstaff. Just getting into competitive Smash over the past couple months, playing mostly P:M and a little bit of Melee. My mains are Marth and Zelda in P:M, Marth and Sheik in Melee. Would someone like to add me to the facebook group? That would be awesome! Looking forward to getting to know some other smashers from AZ!
See above for the Melee and PM FB groups

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
So just applied for the PM group.

Moved out here from Florida and did a little bit of the C. Fla game a while back. Play mostly PM but I will occasionally play Melee. Currently at Dorsey and Broadway in Tempe.

Mains:
PM - Charizard and Yoshi
Brawl - Yoshi (But who wants to play it?)
Melee - Link

Also good god this account is like 6 years old.

Last edited:

JABS

Smash Cadet
Greenfield and Brown (ask for address)
Games:
Melee(Mainly), Project M(Mainly), Soul Calibur, Tekken, BlazBlue, Dissidia Duodecim, Megaman BN3
Other:
Very Friendly, just returned from Classes in Virginia, looking for Smash Community (ASAP).

Last edited:

Loli Bacon

Smash Rookie
Tucson, AZ here, Broadway and Campbell area near the university. I play PM mainly, but won't say no to Melee. Already part of the Facebook groups, just thought I'd post here as well. ^_^

Last edited:

Quiton

Smash Rookie
Phoenix, around Central and Dobbins. I've been playing Project M for a few months and have recently gone hunting for Melee so I'm getting back into that as well. In Project M I mostly play Falcon and Roy, Melee just Falcon.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Norcal smasher here. I can't seem to find many AZ smashers, but I'm a student studying scorpions. If anybody is coming up to a tournament in the Bay Area shoot me a message. If you can find any scorpions and bring them, I'd appreciate it. I could pay for your venue fee or something if you bring some live ones. Thanks!

elbaf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1443-6579
Scottsdale here! Near East McDowell Mountain Ranch Road & 105th Street. I play Melee and Brawl. Not really the greatest player, but would love to play with actual people instead of fighting computers all the time.

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm currently back home in Yuma for the summer, but I'll be in Tucson for most of the year when I'm in school. I've been playing for a few months and would like to start practicing with more than just a few of my good friends from home! I currently main ICs in melee. Also, I just made a Facebook account to join the Arizona group, so I'll hopefully see some of you there as well! Have a great day!

goateeguy

Smash Ace
...I check Smashboards daily and just haven't been getting notifications about this thread. Come to think of it I haven't been getting any from that one Marth boards thread I'm trying to follow. Why you do this Smashboards?

Read earlier posts in this thread for my information and information on the weeklies. Facebook is the place to be for communicating within the group, especially given that Smashboards apparently dislikes me.

Top Bottom