• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee: Laguna Matata! Plus bonfire!?!?

forward

Smash Champion
Oh yea guys, since a lot of old schoolers will probably be at this tournament we're going to do a new school vs old school crew battle.

forward

Smash Champion
1. Axe
2. Forward
3. Taj
4. GamerGuitarist7
5. Jetfour
6. Silly Kyle
7. Tai
8. OkamiBW
9. Rubyiris
10. Tag$

I think with the exception of Taj and myself these people would be new school. Cut off IMO should be around OC2/2006 era since that was about the peak for a lot of the old school players. I don't mean just peak in terms of skill but just being active.

TheBook

Smash Rookie
I will see how busy I am this weekend, I have a calculus final on Monday that must be in good shape, so we will see if i can make the time for a drive to Phoenix. Besides your the only major Arizona player I did not to get the chance to play, even back 4 years ago when i first started going to tournaments I only got to see wobbles and taj. sadly as of right now there is no promise that I will make it however.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
1. Axe
2. Forward
3. Taj
4. GamerGuitarist7
5. Jetfour
6. Silly Kyle
7. Tai
8. OkamiBW
9. Rubyiris
10. Tag$

I think with the exception of Taj and myself these people would be new school. Cut off IMO should be around OC2/2006 era since that was about the peak for a lot of the old school players. I don't mean just peak in terms of skill but just being active.
What are the crews?

Forward, Taj, Enixputed, who else?

vs

......whoever

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sean:

What criteria are you using for "old school:?

For example I've been playing with Robbie, Forrest, and Rusty since 05.

Tim and Jeff have been playing together since 06, as another example.

If you're using 06 as the cutoff for oldschool the oldschool crew would look like:

Forward
Taj
Axe
V3ctorman
Rubyiris
Thot
Enixmoogle
Southpaw
Iron Dragon
Shivknight
Light

Newschool would be:

GG7
Jetfour
Tai
Silly Kyle
Tag$
OkamiBW
Duff0

just as an example.

Oldschool is kinda stacked though LOL.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Maybe we should use when they got ranked (or when they "got good," as subjective as that sounds) as the criterion for determining old school vs new school.

forward

Smash Champion
Maybe we should use when they got ranked (or when they "got good," as subjective as that sounds) as the criterion for determining old school vs new school.
This is what I was thinking. When the players were active in the entire AZ scene and attending tournaments, including OOS tournaments.

I'm thinking the list will look like this:
Old-
Forward
Enixputed
Taj
Th0t
Bstick
BloodoftheFallen
Wakkatana
Enix Moogle
South Paw
Glide

New-
Axe
Tai
GG7
Jet 4
Okami
Silly Kyle
RubyIris
Duff0
Iron Dragon
Tag$

There could be a couple of people swing players if needed as well just to make the teams even, like Shiv and Vectorman.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm not allowed to play with fire, but what Maricopa court doesn't know won't hurt it.

Unless I burn it down.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
for the record I could potentially have been worlds better than I am now, but Robbie was an ******* and would literally not introduce me to anybody else who played smash for stupid arbitrary reasons, and I literally didn't know about the regional zones until 2008.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
what a **** move
It was pretty wack. Robbie used to brag that he played with people like you, taj, trevyn, and b-will. Forrest, and I didn't learn about where you guys actually lived until 07 Robbie FINALLY decided to introduce us to Trevyn.

Forrest and I ended up learning that Trevyn and Chuckie played YGO so we were introduced to other smashers through that.

I also had bus passes back then and a lot of free time, and you and Spencer would have been very easy for me to get to, and smash with back in 05/06. Hell, Bwill, trevyn, and chuckie were all pretty easy to get to, too, from Ironwood. That's another person I could have been smashing with Robbie either wasn't a ****, or I actually knew about the regional zones, lol.

Anyways, *****ing aside, who from Tucson is going to this, and has room in their car? Let me know, please.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Sean how many TVs do you need? im serious just say the number and if i find a ride from someone ill bring that many. (7 or lower please lol) I can only bring 1 melee set up though.

forward

Smash Champion
I'm not sure yet. Maybe all 7. Do you want to spend the night on Friday? You can bring the T.V.s over then and we'll set up the night before.

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, Ok. Though I'm getting my license and car in the future, I don't quite have either yet..
..Think it may be possible at all for anyone to scoop me up along the way? ^^;
*May be a better idea to message me directly, seeing as though I may not catch anything here soon enough*

whiplash

Smash Cadet
I miggghhhtt be able to attend this.. If my ride gets me to tucson before saturday i can go, just need 2 hitch a ride from tucson to phx w/ some1 if possible. I'll know for sure 2morrow. also i'll be in tucson 4 a couple weeks, already talked to gg7 so smash? =]

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I will be coming with bloodhawk in the morning. it depends on how many tvs bloodhawk can fit in his car/would allow in his car.

Aves

Smash Apprentice
I'm bringing 2 tvs and 2 melee setups. And 6 people.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I'm bringing 2 tvs and 2 melee setups. And 6 people.
Why is it both times ive posted something about what im bringing you seem to post right after making my post of items seem insignificant due to the materials you plan to bring...... so mentaly this is an obvious declaration of battle. Saturday night during the bonfire, we will settle it there! Go ahead bring those 6 people. ill have my niggas back me up. Right Sean!?

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
I'm considering going for the heck of it, but I've forgotten almost everything in melee and lost all my tech skill. plz be patient with me if I come.

forward

Smash Champion
We will be recording for sure and hopefully we will record a lot.

The bonfire is still not for sure because we don't have anything to burn and we don't have kind of food to cook with a bonfire. If people want to bring this stuff though or go out sometime in the day to get this stuff we can do it.

Otherwise consider this melee bootcamp.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure no one from Tucson is going to this tourney. It's unfortunate since I know this tourney will be so sick.

Tucson sucks.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
First of all ^^^^^ makes me :'(

Second of all, the ruleset is fine, but you might consider getting rid of rainbow and brinstar because I *think* those are the two that wont be allowed at Dont Go Down There Jeff, since I know this is intended as a prep tourney. Im fine either way but i suppose it might be worth considering

Top Bottom