• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee: Laguna Matata! Plus bonfire!?!?

forward

Smash Champion
Introduction: We're going to end the year of AZ Melee in style with this tournament. This is a chance to get training with your home state before you head off to the big NorCal tournament the following weekend. Overnight housing is available on either friday or saturday night for those who need it or want it.

Singles/Doubles Information:
Entry Fee (Singles): $5
Entry Fee (Doubles): $10
Singles: Pools, top 3 winners of the pools advance to a Double elimination bracket
Doubles: Round Robin unless more than 8 teams otherwise double elimination bracket

Where:
Laguna House
1130 E. Laguna Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282

Schedule:
THE DATE IN THE TITLE IS WRONG. THIS IS ONLY A ONE DAY TOURNAMENT AND IT IS ON SATURDAY THE 11TH.
The rest of the schedule, start time, etc. is TBA

Rules:

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
• Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules
• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
• Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
• The Tournament Hosts are the arbiter of all disputes.
• Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
• Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
• Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
• Wobbling is not banned
• The freeze glitch is banned
• Tai's Stupid Rule: Mewtwo's Soul Breaker glitch is, in fact, legal. How to get a Red Shell while not interfering with General Rule #1 is up to you!

Additional Rules for Teams Play
• Life Stealing is allowed
• Set team attack to ON

Audience participation etiquette - Cheering for players and friends is encouraged but racists, sexists, and other derogatory comments will not be tolerated. First offense will result in a warning, a second offense will result in being thrown out of the tournament with no refund and possibly a beating from T-Hot.

Coaching is allowed and encouraged.

Set ups:
TV's - 2, hosts
Cubes - 1, hosts
Wiis - 2, hosts
Melee discs - 1, hosts

We need as many set ups as we can get. If you can bring anything please let me know and I will update the list in a timely fashion described as whenever I feel like it.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Awe too bad its mid december. I have school and my bro is graduating or else we'd go :(

Lol I like the whole post being collapsable and whatnot.

forward

Smash Champion
Sorry Twins :( I also have finals the week after but I'll make it work.

Maybe we'll get another one going in January. If you guys do come I can house you.

Same goes to Jade and any other Tucson smasher. Housing is available.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sorry Twins :( I also have finals the week after but I'll make it work.

Maybe we'll get another one going in January. If you guys do come I can house you.

Same goes to Jade and any other Tucson smasher. Housing is available.
Lol sweet deal. Ya if you guys get something in January or Feb than we will make it. Light also said he would be down for driving there during those months :D

forward

Smash Champion
Lol, calm down guys, no one is getting naked at this tournament...

save that for the orgy afterwards ;)

****INNN NAAAAAAAAAAASTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYY

Smash is so home sometimes.

forward

Smash Champion
LMAO ok guys let's calm down with that now. I plan on bringing a few new people to this tournament and if I show them this thread I don't want them to get too freaked out.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Hey forward would it be cool to hang out with you more often. i mean we live really freaking close and i could prob come over for melee training and what not. Btw have you seen blood hawk (patrick) lately, If you see him tell him i said hey.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
LMAO ok guys let's calm down with that now. I plan on bringing a few new people to this tournament and if I show them this thread I don't want them to get too freaked out.
haha sorry Sean, I know Ty and I really wanna come to this, were probably gonna try and car pool out, you need to set up the dates though. . .

forward

Smash Champion
Oh.

The date is the 11th. It's a saturday, this will be a one day tournament. Smashboards won't let me make it otherwise.

Kira: Pat was just over the other day. We played a little melee. You have my number, if you want to play just text and see if I'm busy. I'll be practicing for this tournament so its np to play.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
aight that sounds tight! btw you should come over tommorrow, we are going to have a smashfest, melee included.
BTW add me to the list, I can bring a wii with melee to the tourney. Also I have hella a lot of Tvs but id only be able to bring them if i found a ride, Im not strong enough to hold all them tvs while on my bike which disappoints me lol.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
The word hella coming from the mouth of a black person should never be taken lightly, Im talking at least 6 tvs i got here.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Sean, how would you feel if I brought a Project:M set up? I can bring my own TV/Wii for it. Would there be room for it?

Edit: That's if Kyle and I come though. But I also don't really see why we wouldn't be there though.

Aves

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there and i'll bring anywhere from 3 to 8 people. How many setups do you want me to bring. I can bring 2 easily and i can get a 3rd one if you need. I have lots of tv's too. Just let me know what you want me to bring.

forward

Smash Champion
Tommy you can bring Project M, I'm sure people would enjoy playing that game.

Aves: Two setups is good. You don't have to go out of your way to get a third one but if you can bring it without much hassle then go for it.

CHUK

Smash Ace
**** u live 11 mins from me. Lemme see if I can get that off.

EDIT: Forward if u are ever not busy on a thurs/fri you should text me to smash. PM if u r interested and I'll give u my #
EDIT2: KiraFlax, where are you located? Same goes to you. *thumbs up*
EDIT3: IF my work allows me to get that day off I will def. bring a g-cube if it is needed.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I'll be there and i'll bring anywhere from 3 to 8 people. How many setups do you want me to bring. I can bring 2 easily and i can get a 3rd one if you need. I have lots of tv's too. Just let me know what you want me to bring.
Challenging me?..... in who can bring the most things? Your in for one HELLA of a challenge.

Small side tourny of project M would be **** btw!

Top Bottom