• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Areal with a bomb

Riukanojutsu

Smash Rookie
Ive been killinfg myself because ive been doing areal moves, mostly sex kick now that I think about it, while having a bomb equiped. Is it a glitch or is it a weird tech?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Explain the situation. Maybe you have the bomb in your hand and forget to throw it before it explodes. If anything the bomb would grant you more mobility and an extra Upb.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Doing aerials and holding a bomb is a thing Tink can do and I guess Link can do it to.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Links' AGT Is able to be done with Link and Tink if that's what your referring to.
No, that is not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to, being able to attack, while holding a bomb in your hand.

Last edited:

KoolKai

Smash Rookie
NNID
KoolKai
3DS FC
0001-3357-5286
I think I've done that before once or twice but I'm not sure how.....

Riukanojutsu

Smash Rookie
Explain the situation. Maybe you have the bomb in your hand and forget to throw it before it explodes.
I dont understand what you dont understand. I did a sex kick while holding a bomb instead of throwing the bomb.

Doing aerials and holding a bomb is a thing Tink can do and I guess Link can do it to.
How does it work though?

Last edited:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Here's what I think.

I don't think you can reliably do it first of all.

It happens when you have just been hit by an attack with a bomb in your hand, I'm pretty sure it has to be a strong attack that sends you pretty far. When you spam the A button (and a direction if your DI'ing) or press it at a certain time very shortly after Hitstun ends, Link will sometimes do the Ariel Attack instead of throwing the bomb. This happens a lot to me as well, I played Brawl for 4 years and it's always happened in that as well, never known how to reliably do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what Iv'e played that's the situation's it's occurred to me in.

So in answer to your question it's probably just glitchy.

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
If you try to throw the bomb while in the tumble animation you do an aerial. Thats it. Get out of tumble by hitting left and right on the analogue control stick

Top Bottom