• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you takeing any days off school/work after the 10th?

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
No School for me! I'm on vacations, and I will be until March, so I have an entire month to enjoy Brawl without distractions!

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Nope. I won't have the game until the 11th unless Gamespot is amazing with shipping. But, I won't be taking the 11th off either. My schedule isn't that bad as in-class time (although I'll need to be spending a lot of time to read textbooks). I'm sure I'll be able to play the game quite a bit as well.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I won't since the week after that is the Winter break off which is a week.

Chromepro

Smash Apprentice
uhh, I wish I can convince my mom....or bribe her..
most likely no though.
Does anybody know if Gamestop gets it at midnight? or if I'm gonna get it on Money :(
I pre-ordered btw

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I'm skipping school on Monday. Then on Friday, It's Presidents Weekend I think, and then, Tuesday will be an in-staff service day. Hurray for 5-day weekend!:D

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'm going to bring my wii to school and just each class I enter I will hook it up to the class room TV, I don't think I will have to worry about teachers giving me shi,t cuz I'll be so adrenalinenated and I should still have a caffeine rush from drinking monsters so I'm pretty sure I could ward them off somehow....

domriver

Smash Lord
Well as for me I have college on Saturdays! yay! So no worries for me thru the week just work. However, I already put in a request to take the 11th off. So just sunday and monday then tues back to work work work sigh........ gotta make money somehow.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
As tempting as it may be, I only have three hours of class a day so I think I could live through it. 10-2 maybe class time, but from there on out it's me-time (which will most likely = brawl).
Though if there are some classes I don't need to attend I'll probably skip, man I miss only having to be at speech class only a couple time a month.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
If it's released on Monday, my parents can get it while I'm at school, heck, I can wait... I heard Brawl is shipping on Feb. 9 so it can be sold at the right date.. Feb 10.. I'll probably get it on Sunday morning

The Director

Smash Lord
I took off of work from Feb. 12th to Feb. 16th solely for Brawl. I've got some friends coming down from up north for what I call "Smashmas". Basically, it's an entire week of Smash. Nothing else.

I took off the 12th because I honestly think that stores won't get it until then, but...if I do indeed get it on the 10th (or at a midnight launch) my job might need to find somebody to cover for me on the 10th and 11th. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Two words for you that will solve your problem,

Fake sick.

Works for me every time;)
I think Ive got that day off, but see, that would never work for me., see, my grandmother loves games, and shes the only one oin my house who will listen to me harp about Brawl, etc. etc. (shes awesome) and she would know if I tried to fake it that day that I just wanted to play Brawl (she'd know anyway, but I'd be mental to try on that particular day lol.

Mexican Brawler

Smash Cadet
I don´t think so, cause in that days i'll have exams i think, and here in Monterrey the game come a week after the release cuase the place where i go to buy games opens only on weekend and the buy the games during the other days, but i hope the i have smash in my hands on Feb 15... (sorry for my english, :p)

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I will be going onto my week of vacation ffor spring break, I have been at work a year and thats when I am choosing to take my break. It will be the greatest week ever.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
Meh, it comes out on a Sunday right? I think one full day of Brawl will be good for me, and it's not like my class load (being a Freshman in college) is too difficult. I'll be playing the game pretty much non-stop outside of classes.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I can't :( My mom wouldn't go for it, and skipping is out of the question... we have surveillance cameras... no joke. Perhaps fake sick... but she'd make the corrilation and I'm a bad liar.
But what I am doing is all night melee's true end party with my friends then at midnight getting brawl and kicking em out so i can unlock stuff alone.
Be desperate. When you're sleeping, take some of the covers off. Hopefully, the coldness will give you a cold bad enough to get you out of school. That's what I did once, and it worked.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I think I'll just go to school. Because Brawl can easily get me through a day of that, thinking about it. Plus the more you wait, the more anticipation to get home and play, right?

Meh I dunno to early to decide xD

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
As much as I'd love too... The Final weeks of my last classes are them. I am supposed to Graduate with my degree on February 22nd, though the ceremony may get pushed much later. I can't afford to take any days off. >_<

;_; But I want to play Brawl. Instead I have to focus on my Final Presentation and seeking jobs. Stupid Life. Getting in the way of gaming. =p *laugh*

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
Well if your not sick any days during 3rd quarter of your school, and keep your grades at a B-C area, it will be worth it..

I got a few A's and B's, but this ***** of a Health teacher is trying to make it so I fail her class, I shot a condom at her face when I was a freshmen:bluejump:
LMAO.:laugh:
I will do anything in my power to take off at least that monday considering i will not b getting any sleep after i get that game in my possesion.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I'll be doing everything in my power to get that Monday off from work. I already have a pretty solid excuse lined up and I plan on giving them at least a week's notice so it won't be too bad.

If it indeed is released on Sunday, then I'll be camping for it Saturday night most likely, or at least get in front of the store EARLY Sunday morning. Are we 100% sure it's going to be SOLD on Sunday, and not arriving in stores on Sunday, only to be sold on MONDAY?

~Old Man Nintendo

MarioBrother2

Smash Cadet
Yah,I know we'll be learning nothing the whole week.If I'm lucky,I,ll be home with Brawl for 4 days. EDIT:I'm sure they get on Saturday,sell them on Sunday

BrimconSako

Smash Rookie
I actually get a VACATION that week, rather, thats when I planned my vacation, I will also be trying to get the 10th off from work. So.. eight full days of brawl.. PLUS Cash from paid vacation.

kzee

Smash Rookie
Don't need to.

Brawl is coming out during my reading week, which means I have from Feb 10 - Feb 19 off to play Brawl as long as I want :grin:. Then I'll be screwed for my midterms.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
i told my mom. i was staying in my room for a week, sleep wil NOT be in my vocabulary for one week. but where i live in texas no one is as hardcore SMASH as i am, so its like i dont wanna do SSE bymyself, and i dont want some little noob over so yea

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
You guys realize the game comes out on Sunday right?
therefore, this thread is obsolete.
but I hate being a downer...sorry...

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I will DEFINITELY be skipping school the following 2 days after receiving this game. I am not going to band practice, work, or spending any time with my girlfriend (unless she'd like to come over and play co-op event mode with me :p)

Top Bottom