• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Are you looking forward to the release date at E3?

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
For the 3DS version.

Is the fate of this game really sealed to August of this summer?

Two months away, from this Friday. ;__;

Maybe Sakurai is being conservative and the game could come out in mid July?

One can hope...

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm looking forward for a release date, yes. I wouldn't mind just getting one for the 3DS version, even though I'm only getting the Wii U version, it would be nice to know when the whole roster will be known. :p

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
How would you react if they dropped this line: "The 3DS version will be released on June 21st".

But to answer your question, yes, I'm really looking forward to a release date. I'm expecting one for the 3DS version, but not so much for the Wii U.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
How would you react if they dropped this line: "The 3DS version will be released on June 21st".

But to answer your question, yes, I'm really looking forward to a release date. I'm expecting one for the 3DS version, but not so much for the Wii U.

I'd be hyped beyond belief, but I'm kinda thinking that a late June release is wishful thinking...but who knows, really. If they want spacing between the two version's releases, they could actually go for the late June-early July release.

But really, isn't August going to be choice? :/

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
A part of me is worried that they won't mention a date, but then I realize this is pretty much the only opportunity to do it.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
I really want the release date to be on July. My vacations end on the first days of August so it would be nice to have it earlier.
Summer officialy ends on september so it could be even later than we expect.

Last edited:

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it'd be a September release.

I mean, you're forgetting that they'd want to space out the releases between the two versions. July or August are the best times to do that. If they release it September, that's like 2-3 months until the Wii U version or something.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I'm looking forward to it! I need a release date so I can ready myself!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The release date for Super Smash Bros. 3DS is July 11th. I know this because my real name is LeakerBros.

But no really, like @ Phaazoid Phaazoid said, it's easier to obsess over two days (one day for 3DS other for Wii U) vs enduring the pain of only knowing the release window period. I'm not feeling as much pain anymore because of how close E3 is. However, the hype waiting for this confirmation may kill me.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Of course I'm looking forward to the exact date. Not only will it tell me where to preorder the game, but we'll also know exactly how many days are left!

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, do you guys think we'll also see box art even if the game is coming out in July/August?

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
That's my entire hype for E3. I really don't care what/how many characters they reveal, even. I just want the release dates for SSB3DS (that "abbreviation" is ridiculous looking) and Hyrule Warriors.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah, yes, yes I am. That is really the only relevant aspect of the game pertaining to e3. The characters are already determined, the game-play elements are determined, we will enjoy those for years to come. However, the release date? That is applicable to the present. It is honestly all that matters prior to release (obviously) as we will enjoy everything else after release.

Last edited:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
A topic about whether or not you're looking forward to the announcement of a release date? Christ, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Top Bottom