• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we doing something about Story Mode?

Do you want a story mode unique to PM?

• Total voters

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Hi everyone, I just had a question about whether the Subspace Emissary will be edited, and will PM have its own story mode. I understand at the moment this is the least of anyone's worries, but I do wonder if it's something that will be addressed. To see whether an alternate story mode is desired or not, I made a little poll

If this is in the wrong board, please move it! Thanks!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I just want PM's Subspace Emissary fixed so it doesn't freeze or crash. I just started teaching my wife Smash and the skill gap is too large for me to be her sole opponent; it would be great to do a SSE run in co-op which would kind of forces her to try out most of the cast. SSE's always been a great way for a beginner to play with someone and learn stuff.

I actually don't want any more PM updates- I want version 3.03 to be released that does nothing but fix SSE, then call it gold!

Last edited:

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
there are slight problems with current subspace as it is since it was designed around brawl's slower paced floatiness. I'm sure you've all noticed that one falling section with those electro spike things? you fall to fast in PM to properly drift around them like in brawl. re-editing all the levels would probably be a nightmare, although i'd have a blast personally designing new and challenging levels. but that's me.

MLGF

Smash Lord
MAke is playable and fix the things that were too Brawl happy with it.

Honestly, replaying it with a well rounded cast and Melee airdodges is... pretty fun.

Fortress

Smash Master
It'd be interesting if the PMBR brought in a crack team of stage designers to whip up a fun and interesting SSE.

Juken

Smash Ace
Yeah, I played the subspace in project m up until the level after Rayquaza because it crashes there; it was a blast. I had figured that it was just because I hadn't played subspace in ages, but when I launched brawl and played it, I figuratively vomited in my mouth st the gameplay of it in brawl compared to project m. Something about it in P:M is much more enjoyable, and it'd be fun to co op with a friend and play through. Same thing goes for event mode.

What exactly causes event mode to crash anyway? I know that there's one event with the pokemon where it'll crash if you get hit by the Pikachu, and it has to do with the pokemon trainer. My guess is it crashes the game because you're supposed to be fighting pokemon trainer instead of a Pikachu and 2 random pokemon or something.

Last edited:

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see any kind of story mode really. Or maybe one like melee, given I have no clue how difficult that would be. I'm on the line between casual and competitive play so I kinda wish there was an adventure mode to satisfy my casual needs.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Oh so we all are PMBR now?

I am missing my ribbon.
We ran out. Please understand.

The reason I bring this up ribbons aside is because of some talk on these threads about distinguishing PM as more of its own game. A unique story mode could definitely help with that.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
PM doesn't need a big revamp to Subspace Emissary. Just go to Boss Battles and make Alakadoof the final boss and Mega Alakadoof the true final boss.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Besides making it work, no. I'd love revamps to add more Nintendo-themed areas but it'd be a huge effort.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Yeah, additional multiplayer stages are more worth the time and work for every conceivable reason.

Top Bottom