• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any veterans you were thrilled or unhappy to see return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
:4lucario:- Made me so ecstatic and joyful AND hopeful. I was beyond screaming and jumping when I was around many people that doubted him so much. Call me blinded by Gen 4 nostalgia, but Lucario is the one Pokémon I always want. I can't bear to read people saying that he's a M2 clone or he's a replacement. Sorry.

:4myfriends:- fan speculation= :4marth::roypm:+:ike:= :4marth::4myfriends:+ Chrom
And as we know now, that equation is incorrect. Ike was way more relevant than Roy to begin with. It's hard to imagine for people that grew with Melee to leave Roy cut, but it's always going to be "unlikely" for me. Ike just made my skeptic inside of me disappear.

:4olimar:- The little guy crushed the doubters yet again. I love Olimar.

:4pikachu:- I'm sorry. I hate Pikachu. So much. I just wish he was cut, even though he is arguably the biggest icon in Pokémon and not in a million years he'll go. I just think there is wasted potential in including him over Pokemon that are far more epic and cuter. He does nothing for me on that roster. Just eye candy on a not so bright Brawl roster. And a mid tier character that is actually pretty strong.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I prefer that whoever was present in earlier installments, remain in the series.
The only character I'm really "meh" with would be Sonic. Not a big fan of the guy, but I'm not mad that he's included once more.
Likewise for R.O.B., he also comes to me as whatever, but again, I wouldn't mind if he returns! The more the merrier after all!

I'm hoping that Snake returns, but who knows where he stands right now.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic was the most thrilling veteran reveal for me. I would of been so pissed had he not returned despite being requested so hard in Pre-Brawl that his inclusion delayed the game slightly. Even happier to know that this time he was planned in from the beginning rather then being a last-minute inclusion in the previous game. The Sonic content should be much larger in the game then it was in Brawl :)

There's no one I was really too unhappy with. Even Toon Link, because it kinda gave me more optimism on just how many of the characters from Brawl were going to return. (We only have 6 not counting Pokemon Trainer who's basically been just shrunk down to just Charizard. I think we'll see at least half of those 6 return)

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
wait people can be unhappy with veterans

I'm pretty much always happy with veterans, because even if I don't LOVE them, I know there's tons of people who main that character. Actually, there's really no reason to want a character cut in the first place, and I feel it's just kinda selfish to do so.

BUT ANYWAY

Veterans I Loved:
:4olimar:
:4tlink:
:4dedede:
:4lucario:
:4charizard:
:4bowser:
:4yoshi:
:4pikachu:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The only one I wasn't expecting back was Toon Link. And to a lesser degree, I was not expecting solo Charizard.
I am neutral for Toon Link. With so few surprises, It's hard to be thrilled or unhappy.

But I would be surprised and thrilled if Mewtwo returns.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
happy fore :4sonic::4myfriends:

unhappy for just :4charizard: really i like him but with out :squirtle::ivysaur: it just not the same he is also gen 1 we need some gen 2 rep and 3 but i have hope for Sceptile

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I was thrilled to see Zelda back more than anyone. There's no veteran I am unhappy about being back but I am indifferent to King De De De, Sheik, and Charizard to be honest.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think I'll be disappointed in a veteran return unless it's Pichu, Young Link , Dr. Mario or Roy. Although I don't have a problem with Roy, I would be disappointed if we had 5 Fire Emblem reps.

That said there's a lot of them I'm not bothered either way about. However the vast majority of them have earned their place, at least that's how I feel about it.

Jigglypuff and Ness are the two remaining I'll be very happy to see return. Also the Ice Climbers even though I don't use them often.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Happy:

:4myfriends: - Ike was one of my mains within Brawl. I had slight doubts on whether he will return a lot. But when he was announced, it really did surprise me and I'm glad he is back.

:4charizard: - Charizard was pretty much (out of the three Pokemon featured as part of the Trainer in Brawl) my most favored.

:4marth: - Another one of my mains return.

:4pit: - Just like Marth another one of my mains return.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm a huge Toon Link fan, but I'm really pissed that he looks virtually unchanged from Brawl. So much wasted potential for Wind Waker based items as attacks. Disappoint, I am.

Won't be maining him this time around.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I am not unhappy to see any particular veterans return - I am unhappy to see certain veteran's implementations (Toon Link, and potentially Ganondorf) as they could do much more interesting things with these characters.

In terms of ones I am happy about, the one veteran which got me hyped like a newcomer was Charizard. I know many people liked the PT Mechanic (and commiserations to them) but I absolutely love him being standalone now. I love him as a Pokemon but basically never used him in Brawl because PT was attached.

IronFish

Smash Ace
the only 2 that I felt really hyped up about returning were Lucario and Ike, my two Brawl mains, so yeah.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Happy:
:4lucario:Fav Pokemon (**** Mewtwo)
:4myfriends:Love him in Brawl (**** Chrom
:4zss:YASSSS *****

Unhappy:
:4charizard:Preferred Squirtle and Ivysaur
:4tlink:Yay more clones
:4sheik:Meh, I'd rather have Impa

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm pleased that Lucario and Sonic returned; they're two of my favorites. Sakurai actually had me going during the ZSS smash direct segment, and I'm happy to see her as well - rocking those stylish heels. Don't listen to the haters, Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom