• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

are there any UCLA biweeklies or anything?

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
i vaguely remember there being UCLA biweeklies. are those still around or what? i'm moving to UCLA in 2 weeks (rieber vista) and i want to smash.***

edit, okay, how about...

anyone at UCLA want to smash around this quarter?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
they had "monthly" tournaments which were actually much less often than monthly. but they had AMAZING turnouts so watch out for those if they ever come back.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
If anyone could organize a tournament or smashfest, I'd be up for it. I live only a few minutes away. At URI students were allowed to use some of the large union rooms for free (I just had to give them a few weeks advanced notice), though I'm not sure if other schools share the same policy.

If the school has a gaming club or anything like that, it might be worth asking them too.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
hopefully aesis will do another one this fall :)

I go to UCLA too and I'm actually talking to my frat to try and get them to let me run a few tournaments as well. I can't promise to be as awesome a host as alan tho haha.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Goober, you could try asking the Union if you could rent out a room. Most colleges are pretty nice about it.

I don't attend UCLA, but I live only a few minutes drive. Are there a lot of people that play?

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Goober, you could try asking the Union if you could rent out a room. Most colleges are pretty nice about it.

I don't attend UCLA, but I live only a few minutes drive. Are there a lot of people that play?
Heh, yeah that's why I'm talking to my frat about it, the easiest (and as far as i know only) way to get a room at Ackerman is to run the tournament as a fundraiser for a school organization. As for people, the only people I know that play competitively are me and my friends, but I'm a third year so I don't really know if there's any freshman/sophmores that play :/

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Wow sweet. Well if you guys want to play sometime let me know! I'm only a short bus ride away if you want to play at UCLA. I'd be free to play tomorrow (Wednesday) if you guys are up for it. If not, Friday might work as well.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Thought I should bump this and let the UCLA players know there are a number of events close by. Perhaps we could carpool in the future. The weekly events at Chu Lavista are sure worth attending! I've only been to one, but its a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member

Any ssb players in UCLA who wants to play ssb?

A smash 64 tourney would be nice too :)

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Aesis normally hosts 2 per year ever four months after the first, I heard theres another one in the end of Oct. or early Nov.

D

Deleted member

honestly I have no idea

I am located in the 2nd worst dorms, Hedrick Hall : )

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
hey, if anyone has a wii and wants to brawl it up, tell me. IM me at edbot02
i'm at rieber vista, 8th floor.

doomflyer

Smash Rookie
heeey im also at hedrick hall...no tv..or controller though >.< im down for smash preferably melee though haha we should get the ucla smash community going again, maybe not tourneys but at least just play the game for now. :)

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
i have no TV or system either, haha. i'll have to go home to get a controller. anyone here have a tv and console??

D

Deleted member

when i go back home over a weekend or so i'll be sure to bring my n64 and smash 64 game. I might not be able to however.

I don't have any spare tv's sadly and no space for it either.

doomflyer

Smash Rookie
haha theres gotta be someone here at ucla that smashes! i can bring my cube and smash in a couple of weeks after i go back home and stuff

doomflyer

Smash Rookie
im at hedrick hall rm 666, but i dont have anything for smash for the next 2 weeks, wizard you got smash at your room?

w!zard

Smash Apprentice
you got a tv in your room? cause my suitemates use it a lot

doomflyer

Smash Rookie
haha not yet dang it...>.> i just wanna find out wheres the smashin at. i thought ucla had a lot of smashers

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Most of the old smashers (Aesis, me, Kokichi, goober's crew, XCAL,etc..) have graduated or are in the apartments now. There are many people who do play brawl casually (Just walk around your floor and you'll notice. However, the melee scene has died out. If you ever want to play melee, you can hit up me on AIM (L99 at kmart) and play melee or brawl at my place near the dorms.

ken12012

Smash Cadet
I remember going to a tournament being held up in Delta Terrace sometime last year. I didn't participate though. I'd like to though, whenever the next tournament is.

J0n

Smash Rookie
sup mai XD.
Let me know if u ever get melee going at LA. I dont mind driving down there once in awhile.

btw. its j kim.

doomflyer

Smash Rookie
lmao how'd you find me here! yeah they had a brawl tourney for fun recently :psycho: but im desperate to play anything now

Top Bottom