• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any Serious WFT mains yet?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't think any character has any serious main at the moment. I mean, the game is 3 days old...

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
There's me, but I'm just like top 15 in Ohio/Kentucky in melee, not like I'm a PPMD or anything.

On the plus side, she is looking definitively high tier in this game, even though nobody is focusing on her.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I don't think any character has any serious main at the moment. I mean, the game is 3 days old...
Exactly, everybody is checking out the buffet line before they pick their favorite food.

Wow, I really need to get breakfast.

(Also, people are going to want to check out the fanciest, most recently announced newcomers first. Bowser Jr, Robn, and the like)

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There's me, but I'm just like top 15 in Ohio/Kentucky in melee, not like I'm a PPMD or anything.

On the plus side, she is looking definitively high tier in this game, even though nobody is focusing on her.
Interesting because I've heard the opposite... but like others have stated this is insignificant considering nobody has put in any substantial work with her as of yet.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
Interesting because I've heard the opposite... but like others have stated this is insignificant considering nobody has put in any substantial work with her as of yet.
"Good" characters in the previous 2 games were not that way because of speed, power, or any other single measurement. They were good or high tier due to one thing called toolset (or option select). Fox/Falco in melee had options that just dominated the option selections for almost all other characters due to disjoints, priority, frame traps, etc. Metaknight had the ability to reduce his opponent's options to almost nothing while retaining all of his at the same time. Now while I agree that tier list speculations are relatively fruitless at this stage in the metagame development, I contribute the following list of important WFT tools/options to support my case of viability:

1) We have 2 confirmed, 1 not-yet-confirmed-but-looks-to-be-a spike/meteor options
--dair meteors, side-b has a spike hitbox, and fair apparently spikes at the tip of her foot
2) A fast-charging projectile that heals you (plus one that doesn't)
--a fully-charged ss heals for 1% upon firing
3) A damage+knockback-buffing move that heals you (and bucket brakes all aerial momentum)
4) An auto-canceled nair that combos like mario's utilt
5) Epicly disjointed tilts and aerials
6) A decently fast 3% pummel
7) Oh, and a jab that plants you in the ground (probs our go-to OoS option)

This character is viable until further notice. What remains to be seen is although she has good options, what does her ability to reduce opposing character's options look like?

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
When I get the game I'll be focusing on her for sure.

Kinda sad she isn't in the demo...I can use Villager and Megaman...I'd trade them both for WFT.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
@ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ @ Brendan Stepladder Brendan Stepladder

There's a few diehard fans out there that wont listen to reason when it comes to maining someone.

No but it's understandable that WFT wouldn't have a strong gathering from the start but WFT doesn't look bad so people will start gathering around here once a few WFT start placing well in tournaments or out of curiously about what her community think/know about WFT. I think after Sheik and Palu, WFT is one of the characters I'm most interested in so I might help with analyze once I get the chance.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*cough* *cough* There's at least me since I've been praising her from the start. *cough*

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Well if there are too many duck hunt mains. Then My Palutena will have to make friends with WFT.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to work on WFT day one and onward. I hope to go long ways with them. Honestly they seem like very great options to me, but it's too bad they are one of the most disliked and overlooked newcomers.

Every time I have went to go try a Smash Demo my only choice has been them as well, so I'm getting a good feel of it. Hopefully others start to as well.

Last edited:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I will play this character seriously. I don't know how much more than Palutena/Pit but we will find out! I have to figure out who else I will play, but this chracter seems very promising.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Tried her out last night. I'm seriously considering maining her. She's an absolute MONSTER.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So WFT has been on my radar for a while and I decided to try him/her after being satisfied with Charizard's test run. Such a weird character in how fluid and intuitive the gameplay is. She's like Brawl ZSS with a Charge Shot lol and another projectile. First impressions leave me to believe that there is some definite potential. Seems relatively well balanced. At first glance, looks like a high tier character but it's still early. I'll be lurking around and posting any worthwhile finds.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So WFT has been on my radar for a while and I decided to try him/her after being satisfied with Charizard's test run. Such a weird character in how fluid and intuitive the gameplay is. She's like Brawl ZSS with a Charge Shot lol and another projectile. First impressions leave me to believe that there is some definite potential. Seems relatively well balanced. At first glance, looks like a high tier character but it's still early. I'll be lurking around and posting any worthwhile finds.
Always nice too see people interested in zard/wft. These characters need more love.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
She is fun, I think she is truly a clutch character due to her down-b and can bring it back randomly sometimes, lol. Down-B steals games, lol. Her f-tilt KILLS that move is so strong, it looks so weak though, haha.

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
Wii Fit Trainer is actually really fun to play as! And I love all the statements they make throughout the match. I've had a lot of fun playing with their mixed brawl and projectile combat. I need to learn how to master the deep breathing because I am very hit or miss on that.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I was going to main Link
Wii Fit Trainer is actually really fun to play as! And I love all the statements they make throughout the match. I've had a lot of fun playing with their mixed brawl and projectile combat. I need to learn how to master the deep breathing because I am very hit or miss on that.
I agree 100%, including the deep breathing special. I really love playing as WFT and she was just going to fly under my radar until I decided to try her during 1v1's with my brother.

I'll just keep Link and Pac as secondaries.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
The only way I can be decent with WFT is to be a projectile spammer and wait for my opponent to come to me. One match took so long on For Glory, that time ran out. And I can't seem to get the timing for WFT's deep breathing move.

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
Deep Breathing takes some practice and use it when it doesn't lag online. But Header and Sun Salutation work great for edge guarding. Wii Fit Trainer is pretty good for mixed fighters. But one thing that I am having trouble now is grabbing. I can't get to get the distance correct.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I love this character so much. Been playing her nonstop for the last 2 days.

Right now I'm messing with her header, didn't know you could air dodge cancel into free fall for it. So I'm testing the trajectories of my tilts and header on a cancelled ball. You get some nice range, could be pretty useful for edgeguarding.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24618493

After watching that...feeling like WFT is a pretty good character.

SideB has a crazy number of practical uses outside of the obvious use it as a projectile. It stalls your momentum in the air and has really low commitment, giving you a lot of tricky spacing options.

WFT is one of those characters who is able to do an aerial after a buffered shorthop airdodge. Pretty useful for sneaking in B-airs, which can be used to KO at high percents.

Sun Salutation is great. Reasonably spammable, and full charged projectile is good for catching landings for good damage/KOs.

Solid recovery, rarely should be gimped.

Jab is overall above average, and the bury effect can convert to combos or high % KO confirms.

Normals generally speaking cover good options. WFT is resistant to crossovers due to the way several of her grounded normals also cover her back. Dash attack is a pretty good anti-air afaik.

Main weakness is she doesn't have many options to escape juggle traps, and has slightly below average range on the ground.

Last edited:

GoddessBracelet20

Smash Rookie
Been playing her all day and night. I only feel like i have to work for my wins in certain matchups like ZSS or Zelda. Other than that, I've been wrecking with WFT and have no signs of slowing down.

I'm glad to see so many supporters of her/him already. I've had one mirror match so far and I won by a landslide, i wanna play some good WFT's. :(

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I played the 3DS version constantly at a friend's house, and I was able to win so many matches with :4wiifitm:. Heck, I was able to beat a friend that I had NEVER beaten before in any of the previous Smash games.

Suffice to say that WFT became a main of mine, despite having had no plans to main him/her before.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I'm an undefeated hotstreak in For Glory. I don't think people believe Wii Fit Trainer is even real and get confused.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
The weird hit boxes seem to throw a lot of my opponents off their game in online play.

Also the side-B is way, way better than I initially thought. Jump over their projectile and cream them in the face for 9? sure.

I am leaning towards WFT right now with Robin, The Dr, and Charizard all close behind. I am very impressed with the roster and it's diversity. Also the addition of attacks that can be used against an opponent.
(Fire Hydrant from Pac Man and Spiny from D3, I kill those opponents pretty often with their own items)

Finishing my opponent off seems to be my biggest problem with WFT right now. It's rare my opponent isn't in the 140s.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I find the decent way to kill is not to take a deep breath until they're about 90%. Then a fresh, charged Sun Salutation can kill lighter characters.
You can also control the way they try to come back pretty well with Header, then go for a spike.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
WFT is the ****, she's tricky to use but her unconventional nature really throws people off. Don't forget to salute the sun when you wake up. :)

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
I've had my eye on her from day one. Her moves were so epicly unusual I just had to main her. The weird thing, is that I'm completely unable to win with other popular characters like the FE characters or the newcomers, but I body people with WFT. She fits my style, weird out the opponent with hilariously crazy hit boxes and counter bad moves with her decent jabjabbury. I'll probably, definitely will be doing a lot of posting here to help WFT mains here and help her fanbase grow.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I had planned on maining Robin and Charizard going in.

Then I tried all the characters.

WFT was an instant click, and she's already an absolute beast in local competition. Count me as a WFT main.

Jager13

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JPereira13
3DS FC
3239-4960-5613
My main is Wii fit trainer! If there is anyone who is also interested and would like to train with me feel free to hit me up!
She has been my favorite since day one!

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
Me but TKBreezy and Anti use her or him so I guess we have a few professional smash players woo

Top Bottom