• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any other characters Diddy shouldn't rush?

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
By rush I mean going in for a Dash Attack/Grab after throwing a banana. I'm learning the Snake match-up and I've been analyzing some videos and I notice how the Diddy will try to rush in after throwing a banana without stopping to think if the Snake put up his shield. Because usually what happens is the Snake will take out a grenade and then shield or shield grab the Diddy. Rushing Snake seems punishable. Taking note of this, I've been running up to Snake and then backwards glide-tossing and if they shield it I use a peanut.

Are there any other characters that Diddy shouldn't rush unless he wants to get handled like a *****?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Don't rush anyone, period. If you want to go fast you have to do it with thinking very well before you're going to do whatever. The key to winning alot of matchups is patience and few ppl understand it.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Definitely those with a lot of range ie. Marth and Olimar
You rush then they can just smash you outve your Dash attack/before you can grab
Also if they shield, I dont see why you would ever DA. Its especially susceptible to shieldgrabbers.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm going to say 90% of the time you should be 'rushing,' by your definition, all characters. What do you mean when you say 'Snake put up his shield' are you saying that Snake is being tripped or the banana was just thrown and they hadn't tripped? I'm confused on that.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Don't rush anyone, period. If you want to go fast you have to do it with thinking very well before you're going to do whatever. The key to winning alot of matchups is patience and few ppl understand it.
I completely. agree. But to be quite honest, I don't see anything wrong with rushing, say...Ganondorf.

I try not to forward glide toss a lot against a Snake because of how fast and long (range-wise) his tilts are. Backwards glide tossing seems to work better because even if you do mess up you're too far away for Snake to do anything.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I think he means that the snake shields the banana toss and then he gets punished for going in anyways with a dash attack or trying to grab.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I think he means that the snake shields the banana toss and then he gets punished for going in anyways with a dash attack or trying to grab.
Exactly. I'm not trying to say that you will only get punished by Snake's if they grab, things like shield-grabbing are universal to all characters. It's just that Snake has a better array of options.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well in this case you shouldn't be rusing any character...

Even a character like Gannondorf can Ftilt/Fsmash so the hitbox extends over the banana and not get tripped by the banana, if you rush in then you might be in for a surprise

ADHD

Smash Hero
I completely. agree. But to be quite honest, I don't see anything wrong with rushing, say...Ganondorf.

I try not to forward glide toss a lot against a Snake because of how fast and long (range-wise) his tilts are. Backwards glide tossing seems to work better because even if you do mess up you're too far away for Snake to do anything.
Ganondorf and bowser capitalize on you underestimating them and approaching them badly XD, if you're going to go fast for fun then just don't fall into dairs and get side b *****.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf and bowser capitalize on you underestimating them and approaching them badly XD, if you're going to go fast for fun then just don't fall into dairs and get side b *****.
Getting Dair-***** by Ganondorf is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Top Bottom