• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Pikachu's aerials like Melee or 64?

Versatile818

Smash Rookie
I personally preferred the 64 aerials where it was a bit laggy. That made it easier for me to land them and it just felt right. So how are they this time?

Gloppagus

Smash Rookie
Well, visually they're identical to melee, he didn't get either of his kicks back :(
The speed of them are the same, but they've been made more effective. Bair is multihit, Fair sucks enemies into it, Uair is easier to spike with (I think) and Dair is better (Idk how, but I've heard it's better)

Anther

Smash Champion
Quick startup laggy landing for all of them except for his forward aerial. Quick startup and quick landing...
That all you were asking for XD?

Versatile818

Smash Rookie
I guess. I really loved how it was in SSB64. Melee seemed a little weak to me. Any other thoughts or general comments?

Anther

Smash Champion
Pika's neutral air is a pimp kill move. Dair is good short hopped without a fastfall because it ends without lag. Fair is your best aerial approach move... and his uair shrunk by a lot... But can lead to neutral airs or thunder depending on percent..

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
uair is so much harder to spike it scares me. And it makes the opponent move like...5 inches in front of you.

- Prisma -

Smash Cadet
dAir is just.
monstrous.
I love Pikachu just for that move.
his fAir is great too.
I haven't tried his bAir, but i don't think it hasn't changed.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
dAir is just.
monstrous.
I love Pikachu just for that move.
his fAir is great too.
I haven't tried his bAir, but i don't think it hasn't changed.
Unfortunately, D-air still equals LAAAG if you hit the ground, and you can't L-cancel your way out of it, either. I prefer all his other aerials, in most situations. But I gotta agree with you that it does own if you actually connect with it.

Anther

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that you can short hop his dair and if you don't fast fall it you'll land after the attack's animation is over... Which makes it an alright attack to approach with :x.

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
What are you guys talking about? His Bair didn't change from Melée to Brawl? When I did it in Melée, Pikachu just hit the enemy 1 time and not several times as in Brawl. Or did it get changed in PAL Melée?
His Uair is still my favorite move cuz it's really mighty. Start with Up+A, jump after him and use Uair. If you hit it right, you can even do a sorta meteor smash..but not straight down.
Dair is badass. Run, do a short hop and use Dair. This is what works for me pretty much most of the time.
Fair is imho only good to increase enemies' %, and to gain a bit of invincibility [it's extremele hard to hit Pikachu during that move].
And neutral air A looks cool :D lol.

Best aerial: run, jump, down+B -> kicks following enemies' butts ^^

pikachu22

Smash Cadet
priority

ill be playing in the gamestop tournament and with only one minute i dunno if i will be able to beat my bro without going into sudden death.IF i go into sudden death can one of you pikas find a move pikachu has priority over metaknight in the air?

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that you can short hop his dair and if you don't fast fall it you'll land after the attack's animation is over... Which makes it an alright attack to approach with :x.
There's still lag, trust me I learned this the hard way. :( Good news is his dair seems to have a larger hitbox when it hits the ground.

PKM

Smash Rookie
Well pikachus moves are basically the same as melee with a slight modification to them. Basically up a is almost the same, when i was playing except a little less knock-back power but till capable of juggling well maybe even better then in melee, neutral a is still good forward a is even better considering they added almost element property's to attack ( lighting/ electricity slows / stops time ) which makes it easy to link damage with, down a i didn't really test out to much but i don't remember that much since i was playing PT most of the time, and back a ( the pizza spin lol ) is kinda of like a drill kick :S hits multiple times. Overall most of his attacks have been upgraded, especially his Fsmash which has his whole body almost as the hit box. Dsmash is almost better now since the electrifying element added to it to slow it down so all of it hits most of the time, up smash is almost the same as melee or worse :S Enjoy!

Top Bottom