• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are level 9 CPU's good for training or no?

Veigar

Smash Rookie
I know that they are more than skilled enough to be sparring partners. However, few issues:

1. Their reaction times are inhuman (obviously). This encompass things such as them NEVER FAILING to tech anything, perfect shield, etc.
2. Despite the above, they are still prone to stupidly obvious things. If you pick Ganon and wack smash attacks left and right, they always seem to jump into your attacks.
3. They don't seem to know how platforms work, so you can abuse those too.
4. I can't even pinpoint if they play amazingly or horrifically offstage. Sometimes you see them zero to death someone with a spike offstage, and sometimes you see them recover off of the main stage and just SD...

Any thoughts, guys? I'd say they are overall not good for proper training because of factors like these. It's not that the CPU's aren't skilled enough - it's... complicated..

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
No, no, and no. Experience always comes from playing actual people.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
CPU's almost never do things real competitive players do. Unless it's your only good option I recommend finding someone to train with or test out fighters online.

Top Bottom