• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arash - Stealing isn't cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I am more of a fan of reasonable discussion..

Look i understand why you would be upset Decadent and not only that but i understand why you would react harshly on people..

But like please realize that you were respected and it wasn't meant to be blatant plagiarism, I'm not speaking as an Arash fanboy, i'm speaking as a Fellow Bowser main

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Well... I had a nice long post that I was about to enter, which I had worked on for about twenty minutes. But dang, by the time I finish, the argument's over <_<.

It looks to me like everyone overreacted. If anything, you should be flattered that someone would still want to use your work, Decadent. Althought I do understand that plagarism IS a big deal. It wasn't done intentionally, it was done out of the fact that people realized that you had the knowledge for what they wanted, and that they respected you. They just didn't credit it right. And I have no clue where all the spontaneus "Leave noob!"s came from. I guess I missed something two years ago. But that was rather uncalled for too. I take it that you've had some bad experiences here, Decadent. But there's no real reason to generalize us all as washed up, immature, pro-player fanboys. The only thing that I fanboy is Final Fantasy....

Arash should've credited you for the work you did. All the pointless ressurected arguments didn't really need to happen. The apologies are in, lets pretend those last three pages never happened, hmmm?

On a totally unrelate note. I love how you have Quistis in your banner. O_o

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Nah, you both reacted A-OK. It was just some of the people who say "boohoo" that sparked harsh reactions in the first place.They don't understand plagarism. But I'm sure that gentlemen like Gimpyfish, and Arash, did not mean to inflict harm.

As for the other people, they just don't know what it feels like to have an idea stolen. I remember in the 7th grade, I drew an anime picture for somebody (I'm good at drawing), but then that ****er went around saying that HE did it no matter how much I told people. He even turned it in for a project and HE got the grade A+. The ***** teacher didn't believe me and actually said, "Be quite. Your not the ONLY one around here with talent." Then that minimum waged loser said, "I don't want to hear it! Grow up!" Even though I did the right thing wtf.

There are also similar cases such as Micro Soft and other companies. They don't make ideas, they STEAL them and make millions for it.

And to this day forward, I share my ideas with NO ONE. And I copyright them.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
GameFAQs isn't that bad...

Well, it depends on if you're judging the GF SSBM board by itself or the entire board system. The SSBM board is fine, but most of the other boards are trash.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
And much like everything in the bowser boards

A thread made for calling someone out can't even stay on topic

HAHA AWW YEAAA

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
I really think you overreacted D1, hes not plageuriziing for personal gain, nor even for recognition. The only people benefiting are people who learn a little more bout bowser from reading. I really think based on his motives its excusable in this case.

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
Haha bowser is serious business.

If someone took something I wrote and put it on Wikipedia anonymously I'd be flattered.

You had to ASK them who did it, what do you think Arash possibly had to gain? He just wanted to help people.

Banned via Administration
I really think you overreacted D1, hes not plageuriziing for personal gain, nor even for recognition. The only people benefiting are people who learn a little more bout bowser from reading. I really think based on his motives its excusable in this case.
problem is.........the actual things he wrote were ********, so no one benefits

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey guess what Toecutter, your lucky i'm not a mod cause you know thats an infraction right, no swears in your image ;)

Take it down PLOX

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya, two thoughts after going through this thread.

1. D1 is used to internet debate..he has the basic method and tone of voice down pat.

2.. one of his points was kinda depressingly true...smashboards often does have a fanboy culture...far too often debates and arguments end up being based on tourney wins and e-peen size..i would prefer if even the best of smashers would explain their views on matchups or the game rationally...it's natural that we lesser players value their opinions more since they are skilled..but to think that their word is conclusively law even when backed up by no arguments...it's kinda disheartening to watch. Hell, if gimpyfish said that the bowser vs sheik match was in bowser's favor..i bet some people would believe him..but if kdj came and said it...i'm pretty sure we'd be revising tier lists soon...

heh honestly it's not quite that bad..but it's close:\

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
ya, two thoughts after going through this thread.
1. D1 is used to internet debate..he has the basic method and tone of voice down pat.
Used to losing internet debates...

2.. one of his points was kinda depressingly true...smashboards often does have a fanboy culture...far too often debates and arguments end up being based on tourney wins and e-peen size..i would prefer if even the best of smashers would explain their views on matchups or the game rationally...it's natural that we lesser players value their opinions more since they are skilled..but to think that their word is conclusively law even when backed up by no arguments...it's kinda disheartening to watch. Hell, if gimpyfish said that the bowser vs sheik match was in bowser's favor..i bet some people would believe him..but if kdj came and said it...i'm pretty sure we'd be revising tier lists soon...
Nobody's denying that, there's fanboys everywhere you go. But the reason people were jumping all over him wasn't because of any fanboyism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom