• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AR or Gecko code that would eliminate tech window lockout?

carnivore

Smash Cadet
When you hit a shoulder button you can tech if you collide with the something in the next 20 frames and then you can't tech anything for 40 frames after that. Is there any way to eliminate this 40 frame lockout?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If I had to guess, I would say this is totally possible. I was actually looking to find a few flags for these values the other day and found some leads...but nothing that actually changed the teching status.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
If I had to guess, I would say this is totally possible. I was actually looking to find a few flags for these values the other day and found some leads...but nothing that actually changed the teching status.
That sounds promising. Are you planning on looking into it any further?

The reason I'm interested in this is to create a way of practicing tech chasing on by myself in Dolphin but this teching window is a big limitation. Currently I have it set up so that pressing a button on my controller inputs a tech for the other player and a script that inputs a random direction at the same time. It's a decent working solution but it would be even better if I didn't have to worry about doing the tech input and the script could just spam that itself. Removing the lockout would make it viable.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Wow. Looks like you've got some good work done so far. Stratocaster is currently working on a code to force button inputs for other players and to make them tech and DI and stuff. It kind of sounds like you guys are at the same point. We have a conversation going at the moment with information on our findings and stuff - I'll message Stratocaster and tell him to add you to the conversation. We'd love to hear more about your code and such. And what exactly do you mean by you have a "script" for the direction input?

carnivore

Smash Cadet
It's an Autohotkey script that generates a random number and then sends a keyboard key based on what number it gets. P2 being set to be controlled by the keyboard in Dolphin.
Right now it looks for when I hit the Y button on my controller (which I have unbinded so it doesn't do anything for P1) and it then sends the key for shield for P2 plus a random direction (left, right or no direction).

Using this basic method you could theoretically have the script spam shield inputs, random DI inputs for certain durations etc. If the tech lockout window could be eliminated that is.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Interesting.

I've also been doing some Melee scripting with AHK. It's pretty cool, albeit not always 100% reliable with longer input chains.

Top Bottom