• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aproaching wario

Tune

Smash Rookie
i dont like wario, he has that mouth thing that is basically invinsible and the bike is really gay. i dont know how to get past it.

what should i do against wario?

*edit*

he is very aggresive so if i spam the jolt he just hits me XD

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well, every time he opens his mouth send one tjolt at him from close range. if he uses bike just jump over him. you dont need to spam tjolt. btw look up anther vids they help with learning stuff about pika and he as some vids of him vs wario. to be quite honest i have playedlike no good warios so i cant help you much.

Tune

Smash Rookie
well, what about olimar? i have the worst trouble with him... wario i can deal with sometimes but ill look up anthers vids.

Anther

Smash Champion
Olimar... Get used to playing against him. Whenever I play them it's just really easy to know what they're doing/gonna do. It's just a matter of getting used to a char that animates and plays a lil differently than the rest of the cast. Also, shield grab him a lot as he's landing or dsmash when he has to fall on you.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
jump,fair downsmash... thats all i can suggjest right now ill edit this post when i get more...

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Best Anti-Olimar strategy ever:
1. Pick Pirate Ship.
2. Get Olimar into the water.
3. Laugh as nearly all of his Pikmin die.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
well, what about olimar? i have the worst trouble with him... wario i can deal with sometimes but ill look up anthers vids.
Dude, I tottaly know what you mean. When I am faceing him, I try to stay out of the air as much as possible of I am next to him. Try to keep you spacing too.:)

neji32

Smash Lord
Wairo, spamming tjolts is about as useful as it is against marth. And fair air will be beaten by his i think. So, your left with ground attacks which are better than his and your fsmash outranges him. But warios like SHDair alot. So i recommend Sheild and punnish throughout this match.

Olimar- Try to get him in the air, whats thats accomplished, combo him until hes off the stage and ledgehog.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
I have a very basic style against wario that seems to work.

Vary short and full hops with reverse uairs

It's a quick fast attack and it makes for an annoying approach on wario's part

You adjust your jumps according to what wario is doing. Don't put yourself in a position where you're directly above him though. Unless you did a rising reverse uair past him and he whiffed trying to counter it

In that instance you can fall with a nair or fair

If the wario airdodges the uair, you're still left in a good spot because the uair will end before his airdodge finishes. And in most cases you won't be level with him after finishing your uair

The REVERSE uairs do fairly well against wario's aerials. That's if you time them properly.

If the wario doesn't know how to deal with jolt spam, then use it. Most do know how though so the reverse uair works on those types.

From the backwards position, you can always do turn around jolts to kinda mix it up.

As far as the bite is concerned... the way you'll be jumping around with the reverse uairs, it will make it hard for wario to line up with you to get it off. And the starting point of the uair will catch him at the bottom of his body as you're rising.

If you've double jumped and the wario is positioning himself below you, just use a QAC away from him to avoid trying to fight your way back to safe ground.

If he attempts a fsmash or dsmash while ur jumping you can land and utilt

Basically you're using the attacks that are the hardest to punish. Doing this long enough will lead to oppurtunities to get off harder hitting attacks.

Most of the time you'll be setting up nairs and dairs with the uair though

And to those who say it's pointless to uair like this.

Uair can do 5-6% each hit. Two of them alone is 10-12% that's damage not to be taken lightly

I may edit this post later with how to deal with wario off the edge.

Some of you will find this useful.

Others will wait for Anther to co-sign and then you'll find this useful. Either way I'm sharing

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I use pikachu against wario I try to go under him and use pikachu's down smash and then follow up with a thunder. Then to ko him try using his side smash when his danage rate is high.

Top Bottom