• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRIL 25, SOVA'S MELEE REVIVAL!!!...Part 2. Results thread up...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I just ordered @_@ It sucks *** because the girl who told me the price when I got the estimate is, apparently, known to be confused about pricing and it's about $20 more than I originally thought but for real, that's okay. Just cuts down a tiny bit on how much I can spend on everything else.

I am redefining the concept of "keeping your fingers crossed" at the moment...and I'm also redefining my boundaries for what kind of stuff I can ignore XD [dammit CNU hahaha. The worst part is she's actually really cute, which I can say cuz my family is fukking beautiful XD]

Back to the pizzas...if there are over 80 people, I'll have to order more pizza XD

Thanks for the input, I went with option 1.

CNU PEOPLE - as far as housing people goes...people haven't given me many specifics as far as when they need housing [like, if they need it friday AND saturday or just one of the two nights] so if some people at the tourney end up needing housing and my place is full [I'll get a good idea of how much space I have friday night] I'm gonna be sending people your way...just a heads up [and I'll keep the number at 6 of course]

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so this tourney is still happening right? i skimmed through some posts and saw stuff about not getting a reservation and keeping my fingers crossed etc. etc.. im still planning on going as of this moment.

toasty hit me up on the aim, GregLowrey

toasty

Smash Hero
I'll try getting on AIM.

okay the deal with the venue is this:

There are two huge dorm buildings adjacent to each other. Typically, I reserve the awesome common room on the ground floor of Virginia House, which is Caboose's dorm. But that place can only COMFORTABLY hold 40+ people [which means it can actually hold a LOT more but, again, I'm stressing comfort at my tournaments].

I wanted this to be big so for a long time I've been trying to reserve a similarly designed ground-floor common room in the adjacent dormitory [Scotland House] in ADDITION to the one at Virginia House [which is confirmed] so that we can accommodate a larger crowd and maintain the appropriate level of comfort with the unfortunate inconvenience of being split apart. The added benefit is that we can also fit more setups in and get the tourney done in a more timely fashion.

Problem: Scotland House is being b;tchy about letting us reserve the common room there because none of us live there. I finally got a hold of someone who DOES live there who is trying to get it reserved for at LEAST a good enough number of hours to help out with the tourney [from 11 or 12 until 6PM]

Right now I'm just waiting to hear from him.

We've taken steps to reserve other places in Virginia House but it'll be rather inconvenient to do it that way and not very enjoyable [relatively speaking]

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I rather concern about the idea of being in two buildings for this tournament. I realize you can't go and fix it now but how exactly are people going to keep an eye on their stuff if they are in the other venue? I imagine there's going to be a lot of moving back and forth between the rooms for this tournament. Another question is how are you going to enforce venue payment? If there's multiple entrances it's going to be easy for some people to sneak in and worst yet easy for people who should not be there (thief’s) to get in as well.

toasty

Smash Hero
I will have dedicated staff members who will have to sacrifice the freedom to roam at this event by standing guard and ensuring people don't steal **** [we're going to also have a setup-check-in system]

Also, I'm working on a solid system for making sure only people who paid venue fee will be allowed entry.

To all of you who have offered your services for this tourney, I'll give out your roles on the day of the tournament. Thank you all =D Your support/dedication won't go unnoticed. ^_^

good questions, though :)

EDIT: **** ME that's embarrassing hahahah I completely forgot to update that part XD

okay it's updated but I'll PM you my address.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Is there any way you can take the big *** tables out of the room and set it up with smaller tables?

That'd be a good way to make the room more spacious

toasty

Smash Hero
I'm debating a few things right now. Like maybe I'll have all of the tables pushed out from the center of the room so that they hug the walls and it leaves the entire middle open. I'll have to stop by the venue and experiment sometime in the next few nights...good call. But yeah I'm pretty sure all the tables are the same size, those others just seem bigger cuz they usually take up space that isn't being used for a setup.

thanks for the suggestions people...keep it up!

ChuDat

Smash Master
How many people REALISTICALLY are going to be coming to this tournament you think Toasty? I want a real number, I don't think all 77 people confirmed are going to make it.

I'm just trying to see if I can go to this. I have finals coming up soon and a lot of homework that's due so I am trying to see if its worth it, profit wise. Other wise, I need to stay at home and just work on my work for the weekend. I'll also go to BMX's tourney since it's close if I can't go to this.

toasty

Smash Hero
Definitely: - 69 People.
toasty
Caboose
HazZarD
G$
HBK
Reno
Jman
Alukard
Tope
Doll
Savedge
Cyrain
G-regulate
KM
Ether
Geos
PacStrife
Nelo
O-NO
Aurora
Israfel
Lord Karn
Knorr
BiosageX
Ace
TC
KoTR
ndn
KitsuneKing
Cdot
Tristan_Win
Tristan's friend
Apex
Emmit
CStick
SpeedYoshi
SchoolieDee
Juan (La Lluvia De Colombia!!!!!)
Poehlcat
Arsenal Russ
Riku
Arthur
Tamillow
FaviD
Tamillow's Friend
Tamillow's Friend
OMG H4X
BatmanSince1939
Jird
Giggidax
COCM
BlackG
MaSHi
SK
rhan
Shaeman111 (S-man)
Crystalnite (IV)
Pitzer
Knightpraetor (KP)
Malco
Jwolf
Oro? (Nino)
EarthP0w3R
Cinder
Twiddle
Victor
Shabby Shiek
Italian Ice (Daniel)
Dobee

75% Sure
- 9 People.
BlackNinja
Darwen65
Midtier
ETWIST51294
Foxy
Twig
Twig's friend
Twig's friend
THE MOTHER****ING DOUG <----lollll that was sooo difficult to pull off. SERIOUSLY. And it's STILL a ****ing maybe as of last night ;___;

ChuDat

Smash Master
Tell him that I might go, maybe that will spark his interest haha.

Yeah good list of people going. Definitely going to consider coming to this over BMXs tourney. Thanks for that Toasty! Oh btw, could you house me on Friday? Can you PM me your phone, address, and any other info u think I need? Thanks man!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
In Southern Virginia, Toasty houses YOU.

I want to come to SoVa, but I accidentally your mothers.

Get at that meme joke. When I come, (if I can) challenge me for your dignity. If you beat me you are a respectable person. If not, I cast aspersions upon your characters and your general abilities as a smasher. I will also take your lunch money. If I beat enough of you, I will make a giant flail of change and bills, and go around whacking you with it. I will glue clippings from Tope's crazy man beard to it to make it not only bruise, but scratch you. With this weapon of evil and glory, I will win all my matches, because Tope's beard is infused with the power of victory.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I'm just sayin. i should be on top since i am the main attraction and why people are coming to this tourny.

On some real stuff though, super hyped about this. This is our chance to show everyone else what SoVa is made of!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
This is our chance to show everyone else what SoVa is made of!
Cow pies?

In all seriousness I love farms, my mom's cousin runs a dairy farm, I love driving the ATV. Except when the cow pies get caught in the wheels and I'm riding on the back D:

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha. wtf. i am coming to this. =P effing pat. give me more info on smashies...cnu? time?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Oh gezz, there only a few days left till this happens!

I need to get on the stick and start praticing my techs again or I'm just going to get 3 stocked >-<

Note: I'm sadly better at brawl then I was in melee.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman

I am looking for a Team-mate for this. If you need a partner, pm me. I am good (edit) at doubles.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I don't think so, he was teaming with another cnu guy, and speed's now teaming with mashi.

But yeah, whoever wants to team with me, text at:

757-404-8878, and we'll talk it out!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm 99% sure I'm going to this. Is g-reg coming? I wanna play him in falcon doubles. Meh tag is Northface, but you can call me twist or eric.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm not old enough to drive yet... so my moms going to drop me off at the tourney. I don't think I can give anyone a ride, but I'll ask. I would give em a ride if I had a car. Who wants a ride? Thumbswayup?

Aurora

Smash Rookie
Lisa here, just looking for a teammate for doubles if anyone's interested. I mean, come on.. when's the next chance you'll get to team with a girl??? AND I'm Ether's girlfriend, so ummm.. I'm pretty good :-)

Top Bottom