• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apreciating the small things.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
This song playing in the All-Star rest area, or at least a way to unlock it

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
okay this is very a very minor thing but if you notice during the mario vs megaman fight the percentage number is more detailed like it's not only one color like brawl and melee but it's rather a color and some detail was added (sorry it's hard to explain english is not my first language just compare the number on the video with the brawl one and you'il see)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
The little things I appreciate:
  • Megaman exploding into blue orbs when KO'd.
  • The Mr. Saturn sprite on Ness' black alt's shirt.
  • The fact that Luigi is always an unlockable clone of Mario with variations on his stats - the exact role he plays in the majority of main series Mario games.
  • Sonic's finger wag idle pose.
  • Pokemon Trainer "blacking out" rather than clapping after losing a match. Also, his Vs. Seeker.
  • Every piece of fan-service in Snake's codec conversations.
  • Bonuses in Melee.
  • Sakurai's cat in Pokemon Stadium 2.
  • Pit's animation when using the Hammer item.
  • Snake's butterfly C4.
  • Sonic's classic-style sound effects and springboard design.
  • Cranky Kong's silhouette in Jungle Japes.
  • The moon and giants in Great Bay.
  • The amount of meticulous detail in recreating Delfino Plaza and Port Town Aero Dive (you can even see the ROB tower).
  • The Chronicle actually acknowledging the Virtual Boy.
Little things I'd like them to add:
  • Sonic releasing a bunch of rings when he's KO'd.

grizby2

Smash Lord
okay this is very a very minor thing but if you notice during the mario vs megaman fight the percentage number is more detailed like it's not only one color like brawl and melee but it's rather a color and some detail was added (sorry it's hard to explain english is not my first language just compare the number on the video with the brawl one and you'il see)
I see you are new here, Welcome to the forums!

yes, I understand what you are trying to say. I noticed it too!
its starts as white numbers, then slowly turns into a gold-like color while also fading to black around the edges.
its okay if its a very minor detail, that's what this thread is about. :]

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
For Link?
Two words, people.
Two words that will make the world on this side of Hyrule Field's fences just a little greener....

SWORD.
BEAMS.
Maybe on the neutral A third jab at 0%, or otherwise very low percent, this could happen?

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Maybe on the neutral A third jab at 0%, or otherwise very low percent, this could happen?
Heck, I think attaching the beam to the third strike alone is enough of a handicap that the percentage thing wouldn't even necessarily need to be a factor, but yeah, not a bad idea.

But it would have to have the mystical "Whirp!" sound from A Link to the Past, or it just wouldn't feel right, ya know? Heck, maybe even the same swirling sparkling lights look to it as well!XD

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
-more to come, might as well make a separate thread, sorry guys I don't post much...
Then allow me to welcome you to the site. Hope the rest of your ideas are just as good.
Posting only the things I'm glad for and that haven't already been posted, rather than what I'd like to see or has already been mentioned.
Samus having perforated metal (makes her look like Prime's version despite having Other M's design, IMO) and a new charge-shot SFX.
Samus/Mewtwo's "hanging over a ledge" animation.
Mewtwo using items (including Hammer) via telekinesis.
Bowser's new slow walking animation, along with his overall stature change.
DK being able to pick up/carry heavy items easier than other characters.
The new sound effects in general ("hard hits" sounds sound way better than in Brawl)
Character postures being "mirrored" rather than having them turned from the camera when facing left (though will miss the lovely ZSS/Snake shots)
In Melee, being able to manipulate the menu screens with the C-Stick.
The Wall Jump and Wall Cling abilities.
Link's shield being able to deflect projectiles.
Tether recoveries and Z-airs.
And lastly, "classic" character specific sounds playing when selecting your character. (ex: selecting Samus did her Screw Attack SFX from Melee)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The little things I've appreciated the most so far is ALL OF MEGA MAN. Seriously, they did such a good job emulating and updating his NES incarnation that it's ridiculous.

I can't really think of any small thing I want to be added though - only large things. The smallest thing I can think of is more alternate "costumes" like Wario has, (i.e. Dr. Mario for Mario and Female Villager for Villager.)

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
So far in the entire Smash Series, Yoshi is the only character with his own custom shield (His Egg Shield). I've always felt like other characters could have their own custom shield too. Obviously it might be too much work to give everyone on the roster a custom shield, but surely two or three more characters can have one too so Yoshi doesn't stand out so much. That is unless this was the intention of Sakurai and he wanted Yoshi to stand out. IDK, what do you guys think about other characters having custom shields?

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
So far in the entire Smash Series, Yoshi is the only character with his own custom shield (His Egg Shield). I've always felt like other characters could have their own custom shield too. Obviously it might be too much work to give everyone on the roster a custom shield, but surely two or three more characters can have one too so Yoshi doesn't stand out so much. That is unless this was the intention of Sakurai and he wanted Yoshi to stand out. IDK, what do you guys think about other characters having custom shields?

I like the idea, and for me personally, it would be great. But you have to remember that for people new to the series, shields should be very distinguisable. If someone unfamilliar to smash bros would watch a fight, it should be clear why a certain character did not fly off after being hit, because of the very obvious shield. If you would make more custom shields, extra care should be given to ensure that they each look like shields, and are easily recognizable.

I would like to see something that might seem a bit unrealistic, but it would be very fun in my opinion. Developed and dynamic character relations. What I mean by this, that besides, giving every character a unique personality and feel, they should be given a way to act with other characters. Like in the avengers, where the worlds of superheroes collide, and they develop certain relations to one and other, it becomes more fun, and adds a deeper layer to their personalities. But just now, in smash, it would be nintendo figures whose worlds collide and they have to find ways to act amongst each other. A lot of these things have been theorized by fans (Think snake hitting on ZSS) and they did it because it was fun, so imagine what sakurai could do with it.

A longshot, I know. But I'm hopefull.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
I want the SSB64 announcer back...
Totally agree. Don't want to turn this into a flame war or anything, but the announcer from ssb and melee seemed genuinely excited and hype. His voice alone made me play. The announcer for brawl was very tame and toned down in comparison.

Totally agree. Don't want to turn this into a flame war or anything, but the announcer from ssb and melee seemed genuinely excited and hype. His voice alone made me play. The announcer for brawl was very tame and toned down in comparison.

Not to mention he didn't even yell "SUPER SMASH BROS!!" during the into. Huge let down.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I like how characters all swing clobbering weapons (beam sword, star rod, bat, etc.) differently with many variations in power, hitbox, etc.

Beam Sword should remain extended even when not attacking. Seems more intimidating that way. And the sword range should remain consistent. I have always loved the beam sword from Smash 64. Maybe they should appear with variations in blade color for purely cosmetic purposes (blue, red, green, yellow, orange, purple, teal, pink, etc.) just to add more color. And brighter and longer blade light trails would be nice too.

grizby2

Smash Lord
another sound-effect observation, only Ness and Lucas have different sounds when charging their smash attacks in brawl. I loved that.

Ulevo

Smash Master
A lot of the SFX that Brawl had coming from Melee and 64 were pretty bad. Things like Marth's sword swipes, Fox's shine and lasers, or even Ness's bat just didn't sound as ripe and satisfying. I hope that Smash Wii U has some more crisp sounds for sure.

I also hope the opening is solid. 64 and Melee had great openings for their time, while I think Brawl tried to go a little overboard with an epic cinematic theme and fell short.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
The little things I appreciated most in the series are the cameos of games whose protagonists are not in the game, like Kirby turning into a Panel De Pon block and The Villager imitating the Balloon Fighter, and the spoof to other fighting games, like Luigi having a burning dragon punch like Ken in Super Street Fighter II and the wireframe fighters clearly modeled after Jacky and Sarah Bryant in Virtua Fighter.

Vurka

Smash Rookie
the removal of DK's and Diddy's realistic ape-ish sounds (or do people like that? :urg:)

Please no! The old school sounds are way better than the new ones (I'm no hipster or nostalgic ***). The new "voice" DK had since Mario Power Tennis makes him look like a mentally challenged person. Yes, some of the old sounds may seem ******** too, but it was subtle. I feel like they are trying to do too much or trying to make DK more appealing to the kids. Personally, it all went downhill when Charles Martinet stopped doing DK's voice.

Varg Foad

Smash Cadet
Well here's my list :

• Bring back the Kirbycides bthrow and fthrow from melee
  • Alternatives costumes should be more detailed
  • Give Sheik and Zelda a DownB, and their Final Smashes should switch characters, just like Samus/ZSS
  • Link's Zair grabs edge automatically
  • DK punch can be reversed, and if you punch in the air you can still second jump or UpB
  • No more opera in the intro
  • You can now add your own soundtrack via USB/Memory card/Whatever
I certainly forget 3 or 4 things, but these are the little changes I want to see. Especially DK punch.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I like how the designed ness's yoyo, putting the words "super nitendo" and "mother" on it.
I hope Mario could get an alternate cosume that references super Mario sunshine, wear his sleeves were actually shorter and you could see his forearms

or give him the costume were he's wearing shades!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Everything from melee. Melee is absolute perfection, better yet, no items, fox only, and final destination as the stage with melee physics...

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Ness' bat needs the home-run sound for sure again.

Also, I like how charging smashes looks like they are really increasing in power based on how the characters move slightly while charging.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I liked that legendary Pokémon had a 1 in 151/251/493 chance of appearing, which made getting them all the more awesome. Something I'd like added is a chance for any Pokémon to be shiny. It could unlock a trophy that shows off some select shinies along with a notice. Also, give all playable Pokémon their shiny colors as a palette swap.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I liked that legendary Pokémon had a 1 in 151/251/493 chance of appearing, which made getting them all the more awesome. Something I'd like added is a chance for any Pokémon to be shiny. It could unlock a trophy that shows off some select shinies along with a notice. Also, give all playable Pokémon their shiny colors as a palette swap.
Wow. It's like you read my mind.

They really do need to do that.
The trophy should have the Red Gyarados in the center, while other notable shinies surround it, like the Celebi from PMD2 and others.

I really have to wonder why hardly any Pokemon in Brawl had the shiny colors as a color swap. Doesn't make sense.

As for small things I'd like to see:
-Shiny Pokemon

-Wario having a rare gimmick that makes him go through quick transformations from the Wario Land series when hit with various types of moves.

-"Tired" animations when a character has high damage.

-3 or 4 different battle entrances for each character, much like they have 3 different victory poses.

-Return of the random enemies from Melee that would pop out of crates.
Bring back the same Ice Climber, Zelda, and Mario enemies from Melee and add in enemies from other series, like Breadbugs from Pikmin that wander around and drag items on the ground, and Metools from Megaman.

---

Xigger

Smash Lord
Technically, Pikachu and Jigglypuff do have their shiny colors. Slight orange and green eyes.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
-Ganon F-air
-The sounds from Ike's sword attacks
-G&W's crazy smash attacks
-Brawl+
-The satisfying sound of Diddy being KOed
-Link's sword glows with all his sword attacks
-Zelda's black and whits costume
-Grandpa Ganon outfit

Top Bottom