• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apreciating the small things.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Having it so that D-air doesn't "auto fast-fall" you.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Having it so that D-air doesn't "auto fast-fall" you.

Dair doesn't auto fast fall you. If you're falling like that during a descent, you're either pressing down before the A button and not at the same time, you're hitting down too quickly, or both. If you can't manage to avoid doing a dair while falling without fast falling, use the C Stick. It's really easy that way, and one of the main reasons most people use it.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Dair doesn't auto fast fall you. If you're falling like that during a descent, you're either pressing down before the A button and not at the same time, you're hitting down too quickly, or both. If you can't manage to avoid doing a dair while falling without fast falling, use the C Stick. It's really easy that way, and one of the main reasons most people use it.
I actually use the C-stick. I play Kirby and I know you can jump and use d-air... but if you dont jump during the period that you can fastfall YOU WILL fastfall. I also want to remove the auto fastfall properties of d-air's like T-Link, Sonic, Sheik, etc.
EDIT: I know it dosent auto fastfall in Melee, they need to bring that back for SSB4

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Another little thing I've always loved are the sound effects, especially Melee's. The crackling of electricity, the razor-sharp shredding sound of cutting attacks, and everything had a resonating sound to it. I really like the sound of Mewtwo's jumps and teleports, Bowser's Whirling Fortress, and Doc's Megavitamins. I never really liked most of Brawl's general sound effects; the sounds are a lot more subdued and stale. Some character-specific sounds are cool though, such as Sonic's use of old-school Genesis sounds.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Megaman's neo-classic design.

It's the original 8-bit one as it appeared in the game, but remastered in HD, so now we can see datails we never saw before.

grizby2

Smash Lord
im hoping they change the sounds of mr Saturn, so when thrown he'll say things like "ZOOM ZOOMER BOING"

pikmin should also get at least one item. they seem to be flesh out Olimar more and more.

bowsers new walking animation is BADASS

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Blue Pikmin should be able to swim with Olimar, instead of all of them immediately dying when you fall in water

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Main small thing that I would like is for them to change Samus back to her Metroid Prime design.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I really like that Peach's walking animation was turned into a skip in Brawl. It says so much about her as a character, in the same way Sonic's "classic" style idle animations say about him. More of that.

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
Sakurai seems to be subtly implementing new mechanics, as seen when MegaMan performs two completely different side steps in his reveal trailer, one leaning forward (new sm4sh) and the other leaning back (melee and brawl style)...it's interesting to think of all the other small differences that WILL be and ARE being implemented whilst in development....cheers* to the future ;D

Another little thing I've always loved are the sound effects, especially Melee's. The crackling of electricity, the razor-sharp shredding sound of cutting attacks, and everything had a resonating sound to it. I really like the sound of Mewtwo's jumps and teleports, Bowser's Whirling Fortress, and Doc's Megavitamins. I never really liked most of Brawl's general sound effects; the sounds are a lot more subdued and stale. Some character-specific sounds are cool though, such as Sonic's use of old-school Genesis sounds.
This. Melee just sounded so well polished. I still don't know why they took away the death hit sounds in Brawl, but it's whatever. I really miss Mario's goofy Melee sounds that were reminescent of him in Super Mario 64. I miss it when he dies he just yells out D'oh

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
This. Melee just sounded so well polished. I still don't know why they took away the death hit sounds in Brawl, but it's whatever. I really miss Mario's goofy Melee sounds that were reminescent of him in Super Mario 64. I miss it when he dies he just yells out D'oh
I love the "smack!" sound from Melee. (Ganondorf's standard A, Luigi's forward air, Roy's sweetspotted airs, G&W's sweetspotted forward air, DK's down tilt, etc.)

I was disappointed with how G&W lost his KO sound in Brawl.
Olimar didn't have any voice clips at all, which is odd since he grunts when idle and when attacked in Pikmin 2.

---

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong's fur, and the Villager's idle animation!

I'd love it if they brought back the original announcer. Or have a Pokémon stage where the announcer from Pokémon Stadium 2 comments on the match.
"They're eyeing each other warily!"

I loved being able to use 4 different controllers and mapping the inputs. I'm sure that will be returning. Also, I actually liked the savage Brawl interpretation of Donkey Kong and Bowser. I'm okay if they go back to 64/melee style, though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'd love it if they brought back the original announcer. Or have a Pokémon stage where the announcer from Pokémon Stadium 2 comments on the match.
someone gets star K.O.'d

"It flew up into the sky!"

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong's fur, and the Villager's idle animation!

I loved being able to use 4 different controllers and mapping the inputs. I'm sure that will be returning. Also, I actually liked the savage Brawl interpretation of Donkey Kong and Bowser. I'm okay if they go back to 64/melee style, though.
I'd like the announcer's voice at the start of a match ("3! 2! 1! GO!") to change on some stages. (by holding L or R before the match starts?)

For example, a Mario Party stage would have the announcer from Mario Party 4, while a new F-Zero stage would have the announcer from F-Zero X. The Mario Party 4 announcer would say "Start!" and "Finish!" like in the original game.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'd like the announcer's voice at the start of a match ("3! 2! 1! GO!") to change on some stages. (by holding L or R before the match starts?)

For example, a Mario Party stage would have the announcer from Mario Party 4, while a new F-Zero stage would have the announcer from F-Zero X. The Mario Party 4 announcer would say "Start!" and "Finish!" like in the original game.
That would take a lot of hiring xD

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
More importantly they need to get rid of the clink sound everytime he makes a step forward when he runs.
That never bothered me personally
Though it was weird, considering it made him sound like he had spurs on his boots.

Varg Foad

Smash Cadet
Maybe a "Crew battle" option. You start by selecting the numbers of players in each crew, then the numbers of stock, and the Wii U does all the work.

grizby2

Smash Lord
clothing would flip and flap on a stage with windy weather or circumstances. i'll be disappointed if they don't put it in again.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
On that note, they almost implemented a really neat idea in Brawl. The character models were supposed to show damage as the match went on. It would be cool if they brought that back!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
On that note, they almost implemented a really neat idea in Brawl. The character models were supposed to show damage as the match went on. It would be cool if they brought that back!
With things looking more cartoonish and brighter, hard to say with any certainty it will.

Top Bottom