• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] SCG Pres. the OK Invitational ft. M2K, Sethlon, Strong Bad, Oracle,... (Norman, Ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Murder

Smash Apprentice
I would like to go to this. I can't promise anything,it all depends on my work schedule. If i can make it i'll probably ride down with strongbad and run dmx.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Some of the S-Ville players and I are going to be coming on up! Would I be correct to assume that I've missed preregistration? That aside, we have two or three setups coming along with us. :D

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
pre reg closed at midnight :/

awesome you got setups tho. we will need them. i will be up at the venue probably around 9am. if you need housing or anything just let us know

GucciBoy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3136-7707-0821
I would like to attend this tournament but it is a little bit of a drive is anyone housing?? If so, could I be provided the address?

XxavierPKRS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xxavier
What matches from the SCG Twitch were recorded? Do we have any of the PM matches of M2K vs everybody? Also wanting to see Doubles finals for PM.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Alright, so I'll just give a blanket update as far as streaming/video uploading goes.

I'm one of three or four people in SCG that has access to the Twitch and Youtube channels right now. One or more of us will have to look through the archives and separate, highlight, upload, describe, and tag all the sets. Frankly I'm pretty exhausted, so I won't start until probably Tuesday at the earliest (with the possible exception of Melee Singles WFs and GFs, which were hilarious and awesome). My goal is to have videos up by the end of the week. There were at least two other recording setups at the event, so if I find out who those belong to I might be able to point everyone to where their matches will be uploaded later.

As you guys are probably well aware, we had a TON of streaming issues that basically boiled down to inadequate streaming equipment. I'll eventually look through whatever Twitch archives were saved and salvage what's there. Fair warning, there's a good chance we lost most of the footage (which absolutely sucks - we had a ton of awesome PM matches that probably will never make it to Youtube).

On a more positive note, the event turned out to be absolutely fantastic. On day 1 Project M was in full swing the whole day, the brackets didn't get screwed over by anything, and I personally had an awesome time playing with some of the best the smash community has to offer. Mingling with the Texas players and the KC/MO players was really nice. I felt like I got to know them a little bit better as people than I did at Smash9. Plus it never hurts to 2-0 Denti in pools and finish in 5th place in singles.

Day 2 was much more chill since we didn't have a huge bracket and pools to run, and it was less ravaged by stream issues. The crowd during Denti vs Johan was an absolute gut-buster (I could see Denti struggling to control his laughter mid-match). My computer did crash once or twice, but I think we got some quality Melee matches recorded. I'll post updates when videos start to go up.

Shoutouts to SCG for coordinating our first major tournament - there was a significant portion of the event that I was not a huge part of, such as handling registration, money management, bracket construction, and negotiating with the OU administration for additional venue time, that deserves recognition. Thanks to everyone who brought setups - I never felt like we were short for places to play, except sometimes in PM pools when the demand was at its peak. Thanks to all the out-of-state players that showed up and gave our tournament some big-name presence - we need to smash and hang out more often!

So yeah, that's my piece. I'm looking forward to the next time we get to put on an event like this! Who knows, we might be able to make this a yearly thing...

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Normally I wouldn't double post, but I think it's worth mentioning that someone already linked M2K vs McBad on the PM subreddit. There is hope yet for the Twitch archives!

TheNakedBear

Smash Rookie
Hi I was just wondering if/where I can find the videos for the finals of this tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom