• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Apr 23, 2015] Atx Sanctum Weeklies!!! (Austin Tx)

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
2110 W Slaughter Lane
Suite 165
Austin, TX 78748
If you have any questions or concerns, contact me (Jesse) at 512-797-6678 or (Berto) at 512-964-0108.

VENUE:

ENTRY INFO:
Venue Fee: $3 per person
Singles: $2 per person (For monthly its $5)
Doubles: $4 per team ($2 per team)

PAYOUT:
<50 Entrants
1st: 60%
2nd:30%
3rd:10%
>50 Entrants
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%

Doubles:
<15 Teams
1st: 70%
2nd: 30%
>15 Teams
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
The doubles tournament and singles tournament will be a double elimination bracket with all finals and semi finals best 2 out of 3. Pools for monthlies will have a Double Elimination Winners Bracket and a Single Elimination Amateurs Bracket.

STAGELIST:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

STARTERS:
Singles:
The middle 5 of the bottom row (Green Hill Zone, Battle Field, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland, and Smashville)
Doubles:
The entire bottom row on the first page. Excluding yoshi's story(melee), Including Final Destination.

COUNTERPICKS:
Singles:
The bottom 2 rows, Exluding Skyworld and Lylat.

Doubles:
The bottom 2 rows, Excluding Skyworld, Yoshi's story, and Lylat.

SETUPS:
A full setup being CRT, Wii, Brawl with PM on SD card. The more setups the better, just because we never really know how many people are going to come so any kind of help is greatly appreciated

PARKING:
Its an open shopping center parking, plenty of parking spots

Keep up with us at our Facebook Group, Twitch, and Youtube!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AustinPM
Twitch.tv/AustinPM

https://www.youtube.com/user/austinprojectm

Last edited:

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Well the majority of us that host can only do it Thursdays. We are going to have tournaments in the future on the weekends to try and bring some other cities here

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Well the majority of us that host can only do it Thursdays. We are going to have tournaments in the future on the weekends to try and bring some other cities here
Oh ok, cool.
I'd like to make it out, but I work 9-5 every day, and I live in North Austin, so your place is like a 30 min drive both ways.
Yall should try and reserve a room at UT campus for a larger tourney, get in touch with Austin Melee, they have privileges. Plus its central Austin, so no one can john about distance lol.

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Well we don't have to pay for the club house that we reserve lol. But ive noticed the Austin Melee page doesn't really care for the PM scene so we haven't bothered to ask

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Well we don't have to pay for the club house that we reserve lol. But ive noticed the Austin Melee page doesn't really care for the PM scene so we haven't bothered to ask
True, most of them don't really care for PM, but they do have connections, and they don't mind PM if there is demand for it.
I don't think it costs much to reserve a lecture hall at UT.
I'd definitely be down though for anything on the weekend.

Bongo

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, some friends and I are gonna make the trip down from college station tomorrow (seeing as how the A&M scene is pretty dead), and should be able to bring a full setup :D

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, some friends and I are gonna make the trip down from college station tomorrow (seeing as how the A&M scene is pretty dead), and should be able to bring a full setup :D
whoaa, no it's not lol. Are you in our facebook group..?

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
We're very active and we would love to have you. We have weekly Smashfests in the MSC on Thursdays and Fridays as well as biweeklies tournaments (sometimes more frequent than that). Join our Facebook group for more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/205428649667016/

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Had the biggest turn out this week with 12 teams and 25 entrants for singles! Awesome guys! Austin is finally coming through, GET HYPE

p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4

Smash Cadet
NNID
le-harlz
3DS FC
4227-0851-7533
I'll try my best to show this Thursday if my hot date goes not so hot. If not this week, I shall be there next week.

Last edited:

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
So sadly we wont have the venue for this thursday, but it is available for us on saturday, that is the date as of right now. If anything changes, i will post it as soon as possible

p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4

Smash Cadet
NNID
le-harlz
3DS FC
4227-0851-7533
There's a Smash thing going on the UT campus at 2, I'll be there, and it'll be awesome to show up to the Saturday thing afterwards because I'll be freshly practiced!

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
****Please Read****
So we are on for this Thursday, but at a different venue. It is in San Marcos... But if you could make it out, it would be awesome!!! I hope too see people still come, hopefully next week we will have the original venue back. THANKS!!!

AfterburnDeity

Smash Rookie
What's the address for the new venue?

Edit: Nevermind, the Maps window just wasn't loading for me.

Last edited:

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
@ AfterburnDeity AfterburnDeity @ Sizzle Sizzle @ p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4 p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4 At this point, we are going to wait till saturday. So much confusion im sorry, we didnt want people to not come cause of distance, plus they other place we were gonna use would only let us have 16 people. So saturday we will have the tournament same time at 8 at the same venue, 8600 Brodie lane 78745

Last edited:

p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4

Smash Cadet
NNID
le-harlz
3DS FC
4227-0851-7533
My crew and I are going to try and show, but currently, we only have the metro as our current means of transportation, which is really slow and limiting. If we can't Saturday, we'll do our best to come out next week when I have a car!

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
This weeks singles results! http://challonge.com/b8q8olx6
Also we will have a regularly scheduled weekly on the 17th ($2 singles, $4 Doubles) But on the 24th we will have @Sethlon coming by to show austin some love! So on the 24th Singles will be $5 and Doubles will be $10 ($5 per person)

Last edited:
Top Bottom