• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] Rudefest: Half-Baked (Muskegon, MI)

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
TO Staff
Jawsome
Red

Brawl Singles: $5
Melee Singles: $5
P:M Doubles: $5 ($10/Team)
P:M Singles: $5

All payouts will be 60/30/10

Tentative Schedule

4/19
  • 11:00AM: Doors Open & Registrations
  • 12:00PM: Brawl Singles
  • 1:00PM: Melee Singles/Project M Doubles
  • Food Break
  • 3:00PM: Project M Pools
  • 5:00PM: Project M Singles
  • PARTY!!!!!!!
  • Crew Battle after PM Singles is over
  • Drunken DK crew battle
4/20
  • 12:01AM Celebrate the Holiday
Parking/Food
The venue is on a one-way street, and you can park just past the house in a parking lot on the left. If you have any troubles finding it or need somewhere else, speak with me and I'll figure something out for you.

Pizza/Drinks will be provided for a fee of $3, but there are many restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive as well as gas stations. If you need any specifics, I'll be glad to let you know where everything is.

- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late to your set, you will lose the first match. If you are more than 10 minutes late to your set, you lose the set.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- Players are responsible for their own equipment and property. The TO is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.

Melee and Project M Rules
- Items set to OFF and NONE.
- 4 stock, 8:00 timer.
- Friendly Fire ON (doubles).
- Sets are played best two out of three games, with all Semi-Finals and Finals matches being played best three of five.
- Gentleman's Clause - Players may play on any stage if agreed on by all players.
- If a game times out, the winner is determined by stock, and then percentage. If both stock and percentage are the same, the game should be replayed in full.
- If Sudden Death occurs at the end of the game, play a one stock, three minute game with the same characters and stage.

Brawl Rules
- Items set to OFF and NONE.
- 3 stock, 8:00 timer.
- Sets are played best two out of three games, with all Semi-Finals and Finals matches being played best three of five.
- Gentleman's Clause - Players may play on any stage if agreed on by all players.
- If a game times out, the winner is determined by stock, and then percentage. If both stock and percentage are the same, the game should be replayed in full.
-All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
-There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
-In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).

Playing a Set
1. Best of one Rock Paper Scissors for port priority if requested.
2. Double Blind character selection if requested.
3. Highest port priority strikes first.
4. Strike order:
Melee: 1-2-1
Brawl: 1-2-1
Project M: 1-2-2-1
[Play Game]
5. Winner bans stages. Bans may be reapplied per game.
6. Winner selects character.
7. Loser selects character and stage.
8. Repeat steps 5-8 until set is complete.

Melee Specific Rules
- Wobbling is allowed.
- Bans: Winner may ban one stage per game.
- Dave's Stupid Rule - Players may not counterpick any stage that they won on. This excludes Random.

Project M Specific Rules
- Input assist OFF.
- Bans: Winner may ban 3 stages per game in singles and doubles.
- DSR Modified - Players may not counterpick to the last stage that they won on. This excludes Random.)

Melee Stages
Starter
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick
-Pokemon Stadium​

Brawl Stages

Starter
- BATTLEFIELD
- FINAL DESTINATION
- LYLAT CRUISE
- SMASHVILLE
- YOSHI'S ISLAND (BRAWL)

Counterpick
- CASTLE SIEGE
- HALBERD
- POKEMON STADIUM 1

Project M Singles Stages

Starter
- Yoshi's Story
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- WarioWare
- Lylat Cruise
- Green Hill Zone
- Skyloft
- Skyworld
- Pokemon Stadium 1

Project M Doubles
Starters
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Battlefield
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Dreamland
-Distant Planet

Counterpick
-Lylat Cruise
-Skyloft
-Skyworld
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Fountain of Dreams​

TO contact info: Jawsome-269-519-3579

Last edited:

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
The same deal for food/drinks that went on last time. $3 for pizza and pop.

Also depending on what people want to do, instead of doing pools we could do a 2-3 dollar turbo mode bracket, I would need to know 2 weeks beforehand though

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Dakota
Whether or not anyone's actually watching it there should be a television playing the movie Half Baked somewhere in the house.

Michael

I think we were planning on doing a live re-enactment upstairs

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
That's one way to quote facebook messages for Smash Boards.

SophyBer said:
Whether or not anyone's actually watching it there should be a television playing the movie Half Baked somewhere in the house.
Jawsome said:
I think we were planning on doing a live re-enactment upstairs

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lordy confirmed for Brawl singles, Melee singles, PM doubles, PM singles, PARTY, crew battle, drunken DK crew battle, and 4/20.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Whomever can attend this event and not take part in the festivities known to correlate with the date are the strongest of Smashers out there.

Last edited:

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
damn i really wanna be there. ill make it if im able. i really hope im able. we can do green mm hahaha

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
me and my buddy were thinking of hosting an event like this off holiday in GR. would anybody be interested in said event in the near future?

D

Deleted member

I'd like to go if anyone can pick me up along the way. Lansing is right in the middle of the state.

Anuubis

Smash Rookie
Super interested in this, Detroit here. Looking for a ride I can pay gas! Anyone passing thru my area?

LOE1

Smash Lord
Yea i wont be comming to this one, maybe next one though :p

fZk

Smash Lord
I'm working out the logistics to come this thing.
I'd like to go if anyone can pick me up along the way. Lansing is right in the middle of the state.
If you're not trolling like always, send me a PM.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Everyone needs to know that you need to approach the venue from the Apple Avenue exit. Laketon is currently under construction and the road is closed and there's some dickery around that'll get in your way if you approach from the Laketon exit. Going down Apple basically amounts to a single left turn down Sanford.

VioVoid

Smash Rookie
If there's not already something planned, Joe Janky and I (from the Michigan Project M Facebook group) would love to bring our setup, and commentate and stream some matches. That is, if something like that is wanted.

Also, is registration open per event until each starts?

Last edited:

Arcalyth

GLS | root
If there's not already something planned, Joe Janky and I (from the Michigan Project M Facebook group) would love to bring our setup, and commentate and stream some matches. That is, if something like that is wanted.

Also, is registration open per event until each starts?
AFAIK the venue doesn't have internet but you can still bring a (recording?) setup. :)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Everyone, if you can, bring folding chairs/camping chairs or whathaveyou. We only have so many here at the Manor.

Also there are at least two/three setups available in the basement. Just fyi there are some cool chairs down there.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
So is this a house or an actual venue? And will there be a lot of people? This is a 3 hour drive for me

Top Bottom