• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] King of the House 2 (Dallas, TX)

Sizzle

I paint controllers
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I will miss you Sizzle. Short of a miracle SA just isn't getting out to this. Best of luck in Korea man. Also were you learning Korean on top of Japanese?
Thanks dude. Yeah off and on and not as seriously. I can do everything with fox in Japanese but I can barely wavedash in Korean, to use a smash analogy.

Wow, what a move! Best of luck to you, and I hope you like it in Korea! What prompted you to move there?
Thanks! I guess mostly for adventure, trying new things, and learning a new language. I lived in Japan for a year and I wanted to go back to Asia so I decided Korea would have subtle changes from Japan but still familiar in some ways. Gotta do it now while I'm young!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
@ CORY CORY , Are you still down for PM Teams?
: ( not going to make it this time around. got some stuff i need to get done. i might drop by for a little bit, depending on the schedule, but i definitely won't be around to do anything tourney related : (

210stuna

Smash Lord
I hope you guys allow smelly smashers through the doors. I might be late since I have a 5K to attend in Grand Prairie that same morning.

I won't enter any tournaments, but I'll be willing to have some money matches.

D

Deleted member

www.dropbox.com/s/otrc4h3v28s5xv1/KOTH2common5.pac Heres the menu for the monthly this weekend. The stage portaits are a bit cleaner this time around (But you probably didn't notice)

SD Card/project/pf/system/PUT THIS FILE HERE <---- Also make sure to rename the file to common5.pac or you won't get past the strap menu

Another thing, there are some people out there who get too lazy and don't update their common5.pac so its something like the first KOTH, PARG2, or BR10... PLEASE UPDATE!! The wrong rulesets/logos for the wrong tournament are NOT cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

: ( not going to make it this time around. got some stuff i need to get done. i might drop by for a little bit, depending on the schedule, but i definitely won't be around to do anything tourney related : (
Aww. Maybe next time then :D

Psyvern

Smash Rookie
I need a teammate for Melee and maybe PM. I play fox in both games.
I'll team with you in melee. I'm absoluteblack's roommate the peach player, I played some friendlies with you at forte and some with you and Tai at Tadeo's house after DIME 8.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Well, since I'm down a carpool, I'll probably take the DART into town for this. Anyone willing to pick me up from the closest station?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Looks like fun and hopefully will be a learning experience. This will be my first tournament if I end up going. I plan on it, but nothing is set in stone. Hope to see you all soon.

D

Deleted member

Looks like fun and hopefully will be a learning experience. This will be my first tournament if I end up going. I plan on it, but nothing is set in stone. Hope to see you all soon.
Don't even sweat it. I went to my first tournament with a broken wrist and I still had lots of fun.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
If you can make it, make sure to stop and chat with all the peeps! I know my favorite thing about these tournaments is meetin up with all the old friends and making new ones

Sappy, I know. But thats me. Sappy and lame.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Would you all say that it's better to arrive as early as possible? How fast do these things fill up? What's the maximum number of entrants they can have?

D

Deleted member

Arriving as early as possible secures you more time for friendlies, you're sure to be entered for bracket, and you also get in the venue before its packed/you could get the close up parking space. If you don't get a parking space thats right in front of the restaurant you have to park a distance away

Edges

Smash Rookie
RSVP'd all over this. Mai first tourny! Get hype.

But seriously if I make it past the first match I will be VERY proud of myself. Not saying much at all :D See you all there!

Fern Quan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-9036-6995
My brother wants to know roughly how long the last melee singles tournament at this place was, does anyone know?

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Not going to be able to make it. I'm having financial difficulties, and even spending the gas would be inadvisable at this point never mind all the fees. It's a shame. I really want to get involved in the Texas tournament scene, but now is not the time. I hope to see you all soon though.

D

Deleted member

The results thread isn't up yet, but I'm pretty sure this guy was the KING of the House.

D

Deleted member

Sorry if I didn't get any games with anyone around the end of the day, I lost a decent amount of money, and I was pretty burned out after Pools.

Fun **** though, got to get on the mic for the first time and commentate and then got my ass kicked on stream. Fun times.

Can't wait to go to more tournaments, I'm feeling it now Mr. Krabs.

Top Bottom