• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 12, 2014] Cajun Smash Monthlies - Special Event - Brawl/Proj M (Lafayette, LA)

ChKn

Smash Ace

This CSM is actually the first one that has been ran in about 3 years. Shoutouts to the staff at ULL's IEEE and Eta Kappa Nu's student organizations for making this tournament happen. With the wave of support in favor of changing Brawl's ruleset for the better, I've decided to run a tournament with a change in stocks and the timer. I would like to have the match run as fast as possible.

Game: Super Smash Bros Brawl/Project M
Time: 2 PM - Signups Open
3 PM - Signups Close
3:15 - Matches Start

Fees: $6 Total - $3 Venue/$3 Pot
Prizes: 50%/25/10/5

Double Elimination Tournament (Pools will be done if there are enough setups and time)

Best 2/3 for every match except for Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals (all of those are Best of 5).

2 stock, 5 minutes
Items are off
Meta Knight is legal
Meta Knight's Infinite Dimension Cape is banned
Ledge Grab Limit is 20

Once a match is called, if you are not playing your match within 5 minutes, you will lose a game. If you are late by 10 minutes, you will drop the entire set.

Starters are the stages that are designated for the first match. Players can agree on the starter or do a stage striking system, where players alternate eliminating the stage they do not want to play. You can use the starter stages in every other match, except one situation. Counterpicks are stages that are available to choose for every match after the first match. The loser of the previous match gets to pick the stage. After the first match, the winner gets to ban one stage. The opponent can not choose that stage. However, you can not counterpick a stage that you won.

Starters:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
Halberd
Castle Seige
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza

==============

Proj M Ruleset:

Bottom row page 1 = Neutral
mid row page 1 = Counterpick
Everything else banned.
4 stocks, 8 minutes.

Venue Rule: Please pick up your trash and keep the room as clean as possible.
Food: We are surrounded by Papa John's, Dominoes, Subway, Taco Bell, and McDonald's. There's an Izzo's nearby.

Setup List:
To get this event to run as smoothly as possible, we need 6 full setups.

Last edited:

ChKn

Smash Ace
I've got a bit of interest regarding Proj M, so I'll look into seeing who can bring setups for it. Worst case, I can have it run at the end of the tournament.

I'll update the OP tomorrow with the schedule and rules for Proj M.

VVB

SD Champ
I actually just got the word from work that I'll be out of town for the 12th, so I won't be able to make this one. However, one or two of my friends would probably attend and could supply a set up each. I'll definitely attend in the next months, though.

Top Bottom