• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 11, 2015] SPRING SHOWDOWN (Des Moines, Iowa)

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
The Spring Showdown will take place on Saturday April 11th, 2015 in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
Holiday Inn Downtown Des Moines - 1050 6th Ave, Des Moines, Iowa 50314

REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT NOW!
--->
http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---

The official registration page is live! You have over a month to register! There will only be a VERY limited late registration at the event. 99% of people should register through the payitsquare form. There is a special $5 venue fee for early bird signup until March 15th. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THIS EVENT USING THE LINK BELOW YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPOT IN THIS TOURNAMENT.

---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEES & DISCOUNTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$10 S5 VENUE FEE
$10 PER GAME

(UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED)

Entry fee will be $10 for each singles tournament. Doubles will be $20 per team or $10 per player.

Please bring setups if you can to help make the event run smoothly. The more we have the better.
First to arrive with setups get a discount until they are not needed anymore.

GAMES / START TIMES
SMASH 4 WIIU
SINGLES: 1 PM

MELEE

DOUBLES: 3 PM
SINGLES: 5 PM

PROJECT M
SINGLES: 6 PM

SINGLES: 1 PM

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO
STREET FIGHTER 3: THIRD STRIKE

ULTRA STREET FIGHTER 4

GUILTY GEAR XRD

RULES & PAYOUT
ALL TOURNAMENTS WILL BE DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

PAYOUT PERCENTAGE IS
< 10 (70/30) / <20 (60/30/10) / <30 (50/30/15/5) / <40 (45/22/15/10/5/3) / <50 (40/20/15/10/7/5/3)
50+ (36/18/14/12/8/6/4/2)

Last edited:

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet
REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT NOW!
--->http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429<---

The official registration page is live! You have over a month to register! There will only be a VERY limited late registration at the event. 99% of people should register through the payitsquare form. There is a special $5 venue fee for early bird signup until March 15th. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THIS EVENT USING THE LINK BELOW YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPOT IN THIS TOURNAMENT.

---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---

Last edited:

Camtendo

Based Black Programmer
NNID
Camtendo
3DS FC
3437-3049-5613
I think T0asterb0t confirmed this a while back, but we'll be able to stream it with our regular team. All the features we're gonna show off at RT5 will be available here too!

Scorpy

Smash Rookie
Sorry I'm new around here but I haven't seen this answered. Do you have to be a part of this "circuit" in order to attend this event? I will be moving soon and will be unable to attend the following events

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet
Sorry I'm new around here but I haven't seen this answered. Do you have to be a part of this "circuit" in order to attend this event? I will be moving soon and will be unable to attend the following events
No! Not at all. Each tournament in the circuit is run as an independent event with its own rules and prizes. There are benefits to playing at multiple events but its not at all required or necessary to participate.

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT!! TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT THE REGISTRATION PAGE WILL STOP ACCEPTING PAYMENTS! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND THIS EVENT PLEASE PRE-REGISTER! THERE WILL ONLY BE VERY LIMITED REGISTRATION AT THE DOOR BETWEEN 10:30am AND 12:30pm!!

Last edited:

Kaleb Roberson

Smash Rookie
Also, how does Pools work? What do you have to do in order to get into the actual bracket for a chance to place?

Top Bottom