• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with Peach

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I sometimes find myself in a situation where I wont know how to approach someone. Or character I should say. Times I think I dont know how to go at someone thus leads to my battles maybe more stressful than it has to be.

Falcon is one of those characters I cant seem to find a solid way to approach. its Hard to space bair on him when he is dash danceing. then if I missed or mis-space myself, its combo city for me oe a grab>death. The basic and noticable approach with Peach is Turnip>FC>Fair. Thats not always affective.

Same goes with Characters with Weapons. Kinda hard to get inside them when you have to go throw weapons then at the same time try to land a clean hit while they follow up after thier weapons.

I dont really have a general Idea on how to approach. I just go with the flow. And thats not always good cause I dont really know what to do. So any tips and advice for this will be nice. Thanks in advance

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
wat i try to do...is cuz falcos usually SHL til they reach u and then pillar so i sometimes wait and wen they SHL rite next to me or pretty close to me - i Dsmash and hope they end up crouch cancellin into it

then i own them from there

usually i cant get to FC cuz of the lasers so i just full jump and then float over to him (at the start of the match cuz my falco frends usually laser at the very beginnin of the match) so i dont get caught in a barrage of shots so at least hes not far away

maybe that helped?

EDIT: wow it was CF the whole time u were talkin bout...(mixed Falcon and Falco) wat u shud do is just throw a turnip wen he gets close maybe...or do wat Sveet said

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
use some sort of tricks on them. if they know what you are planning, you arent going to do anything effective. and if you miss that bair coming in, just dsmash. CF's only thing vs dsmash is dair and maybe knee. neither combo that well on peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
use some sort of tricks on them. if they know what you are planning, you arent going to do anything effective. and if you miss that bair coming in, just dsmash. CF's only thing vs dsmash is dair and maybe knee. neither combo that well on peach.
I would not risk that anymore. thats an average Peach move. I see losts of Peaches Dsmash after that and they eat a Dair to a knee or just a knee. If you did not space yourself well falcon can jump out of his sheild before the Dsmash can hit him. And they may not well but it can just be enough to finish you off.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
when i play a falcon i try to keep my distance but also stay close cuz if u try to camp agaisnt a falcon n throw turnips the falcon will throw the knee n hit u every time when i fight i falcon. i try to gay him as fast as possible. also make sure u DI the right way or u will get ***** by nairs n uairs into knees. always try to chain throw a falcon and do all u basic FC combos.

Shakugan,maybe im a lion

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol if you do anything predictably you will get punished. dsmash is one of peach's most feared moves because of the fact that it comes out fast, lasts a long time, has low lag and has tons of priority. if they know you will dsmash then just roll or spotdodge when they come to punish. this isnt ****ing rocket science here.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lol if you do anything predictably you will get punished. dsmash is one of peach's most feared moves because of the fact that it comes out fast, lasts a long time, has low lag and has tons of priority. if they know you will dsmash then just roll or spotdodge when they come to punish. this isnt ****ing rocket science here.
No kidding, I'm talking about approachinmg not what move owns what. Does not matter if its a fast move and etc. You Dsmash at the wrong time or think you cant and they move out the ay, your gonna get ended.

Ether way not the point here. I have no problem bringing the hurt to falcon I beat him all the time. I just way a solid way to get at one. I dont really have one and most of the times its just me relying on luck with what I do and hoping it will work. I dont want luck, i want pure skills and a strategy with it

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Cause the said character has such a blazing running speed he will be onto you before you can pull one. >_>
*shrugs* i dont seem to have trouble pulling em. you shouldnt pulling turnips repeatedly and spamming. that would be dumb. my point is the falcon will usually come to you. you only approach if you have some advantage or are losing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The problem being that doesn't actually work against people who actually know what they're doing.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
*shrugs* i dont seem to have trouble pulling em. you shouldnt pulling turnips repeatedly and spamming. that would be dumb. my point is the falcon will usually come to you. you only approach if you have some advantage or are losing.

You just remined me how I handle Falcon. I let him come to me. Just I have been play a lil different and found playing falcon more stressful than usual (though I win my matches)

But I this have a general problem with the other types of characters I stated

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I dont know EVERYTHING, or else I be a pro or something. Some characters I dont fight alot. And I dont have a solid way about going at them. Some other people do and thats all I am asking for. Nothing more nor less.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Walk up do your stupid downsmash, gay *** character.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Walk up do your stupid downsmash, gay *** character.
Dont get mad cause you get your azz handed to you by her everytime. Peach this, Peach that, wah, wah, wah!!!

Man up already. I have a fight with you at pound 3. So allow me to shut you up;)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I wouldn't wanna embarass you son. :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wouldn't wanna embarass you son. :D
Dont get mad cause you get your azz handed to you by her everytime. Peach this, Peach that, wah, wah, wah!!!

Man up already.

^^^^^^^^

Coward. your the one crying about Peach is this and that. I know why you dont wanna fight. Cause your the one that would get embarassed. All talk but no action. Keep losing to Peach and cry and whine about her Dsmash and etc. Your not even worth it.......

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea................That has got to be a joke.

Well to keep this on topic, Here is how I would go at these type of characters.

Speed- Let them come to you. But sometimes you may have to go to them. So throwing some spaced back airs to a grabs would do well I believe. Dsmash too but that one depends

Swords- I usually go to them with turnips. And use that in a way to get inside and do some damage since they have more range than you do (Emblem brothers)

Swords + weapons- Good players that space thier attacks well while launching projectiles are very hard to get inside. Even when I get inside Its hard to land a hit, cause they follow up after thier projectiles. Lets face it, its peach here. She has a hard time with a lot of characters. And gets comboed pretty bad. So this one is a hard one for me. I also try to stay as close as I can to cut thier weapon usage down.(Both Links)

Weapons- I use turnips and use it to interupt Tier weapon launch then follow up fast. I also try to stay close to them so they cant launch much at me. (Samus and Doc)

This is what I know. If you guys have any better ideas that work share it with me. But this is how i do it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Here's the deal. Peach's best option is to play defensively. Make them come to you and don't fall for spacing metagames.

That said there are some things you have to look out for.

Peach has NO range. If you're able to set your F-Smash then you'll get the Golf Club 50% of the time. But even that is not something to bank on. Your next two choices are aerials and the D-Smash.

Against characters with long range, try a mix of Triangle Jumping and collision moves to get in close. When against a Marth or a Roy you can easily get in close if you are able to avoid the tipper and colide with their attacks with something like the N-Air, B-Air, or even U-Air. In order to throw off your opponents timing with the tipper, try mixing it up with the occasional Triangle Jump.

That's all well and good. But what about spammy characters, such as Spamus herself!? Well I personally use Powershielding to scare them away from the projectiles a little. But after awhile they might adapt or simply dodge all your PSing. Well at which point you may be stuck on the defensive the entire game. The only advice I have is to duke it out. The "Don't Get Hit" strategy may be your only choice if it comes down to things like that. Typically Peach can trade blows and damage and come out on top due to her recovery. However against a Samus like in the above example...? Get ready for an eight minute match of straight duking it out.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I never thought about that trinagle jump. I'm gonna try that.

And i'm not all that good at playing defensive. I'm in my shield alot and I end up moving into attacks or getting attack cause of it. Then when Pinned near the edge I dont have much options in the shield against a character with a sword.

And i already know how to fight a Samus like that. The MM I had with Wes the Timer went " 5........4........." I was planning very defensive. he even broke my sheild once. (whixh is a reason I hate being in my hseild all the time. Not much I can do. Then its even harder to attack out of the sheild with sword people) But I won that MM so I already have all of that on point.

Thanks for the advice. i'll give this new thing a try.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You could try Powershielding the melee attacks too. Doing so reduces your shield's shrinkage.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
How does peach get comboed easily when she floaty as **** and has an instant nair >_>

Also she doesn't have that hard of a time with other characters what are you talking about marth fox sheik and the links are hardly alot of characters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How does peach get comboed easily when she floaty as **** and has an instant nair >_>

Also she doesn't have that hard of a time with other characters what are you talking about marth fox sheik and the links are hardly alot of characters
Dude Peach gets comboed easy. and if it was that easy to Pull out a N-air I have alot less stress when escaping stuff.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
if by "comboed easy" you mean "i get hit twice in the air before escaping" then yes she does

also nair breaks any combo that isnt below you or isnt spaced at a certain distance

Cort

Apple Head
Peach is much more easily combo'd than other floaties. Sure, she can nair out of combos but that is only of your opponent is inexperienced against Peach. People often times try and rush her down when they definitely can't combo her and instead they get punished...

Knowing how to play vs Peach makes Peach really... really not that great. >_<

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach is much more easily combo'd than other floaties. Sure, she can nair out of combos but that is only of your opponent is inexperienced against Peach. People often times try and rush her down when they definitely can't combo her and instead they get punished...

Knowing how to play vs Peach makes Peach really... really not that great. >_<

Well said. I think PC said something like that as well. I forgot where though. Just barley made top tier. Some people Just dont know until they use her against Top/high tiers an hi levels of play. Then they will see how it really is. And reasons she dont win tournaments.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Well yeah but most floaties dont even get comboed that much anyway so imo thats not saying much

just so were on the same page "floaty" to me is jiggs kirby peach samus weege

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
But we are not talking about other characters. We are talking about Peach in general. And she is the easiest to combo out of all floaties

And add luigi to that list.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
i kno wat u mean bout gettin combo'd sometimes
against CF if i get into one of his aerial combos - i cnt Nair him wen hes doin his Nair
but on the ground D-Tilt cripples em

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
In my humble opinion, I've always felt that it's better to be offensive than defensive against the fastfallers (Fox/Falco/Falcon), mainly because Peach is better at attacking them then defending against them. IMO Aggressive Fox/Falco/Falcon players, can easily take Peach out because their offense is very safe and they can attack without leaving an opening. Peach doesn't have a range advantage and she loses badly in movement speed, therefore she can't play as well the kind of defensive game that Marth/Sheik can play against them.

IMO Peach has very good pressure and priority, therefore she should use these tools to slow the fastfallers down before they get a chance to run all around the stage and toy with you. Being offensive =/= rushing in foolishly btw... when you see the Fox/Falco/Falcon player go defensive then you can just take your time and try zoning them.

Of course, if they're dumb and they just jump into your cheap moves, then you can simply wait after them to get *****.

Top Bottom