• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching MetaKnight

faytmaker

Smash Rookie
I realize there may be another thread like this and if there is my bad.

Playing as Kirby I find it hard when MetaKnight tosses me up. When I am coming back down the majority of MKs I've played normally go for U-air juggle or F-air. I've had a hard time coming up with a way to avoid these does anyone have any suggestions other than just L2AIRDODGE?

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
Use Final Cutter as a projectile a lot. Use Down when you can... and I would suggest using Hammer ONLY after an attack that makes MK vulnerable. Other than that, stay about one character length away from MK, where your attacks (like forward smash) will do the most damage, and his attacks cannot hit you. I hope this helped, and have fun playing as Kirby!!

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Try looking here.

b-air is good for what ails you (if you really want to approach Meta-Knight...although I would rather camp).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
could be wrong, but I think using his own power against him when you know he's about to try juggling could probably help. You just need to make sure to land somewhere safe..

faytmaker

Smash Rookie
I try not to use Final Cutter because its landing lag is easily punishable and B-air'ing is tough when MK is directly below. I would normally D-air but MK's U-air has higher priority (Big Surprise There). It may really be as simple as predicting the attack and just air dodging it and I'm just overthinking it, I just wanted to see if maybe there was anything Kirby specific to throw at those godforsaken MKs

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
A good Kirby weakness is his slower downward aiming aerial attacks like Dair and DownB. Matched with the lagless speed and priority of Metaknight's Uair, you're best option is to retreat to higher air and attack with a fastfall Dair or a well calculated DownB.
A Metaknight's horizontal air movement is slower than Kirby's, so if you want more options, try to get as far horizontal as possible so your other attacks can work, especially UpB when you're closer to the ground.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
if people approach from below you down b always gets them if it doesnt hit cancle it as you land and airdodge so they cant punish you.

ron561

Smash Journeyman
lol do what i do,fight aggressiveness with aggressiveness

if he's going to run at you everytime your going to do the same.

since you say he fair's alot,your going to shield it and grab him

if he's going to juggle you with uair,your just going to rock him

as far as approach goes,to me it all boils down to how he is playing.you just have to keep thinking while your playing,see what the mk is doing,and slap your self silly until you get it through your head what he's doing and what you can do to either hit him before he hits you,or counter it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Whenever MK starts a combo on you, direct yourself away and air dodge, you can't compete against MK's swift attacks, no one really can except MK himself. This will save you from many of his uber combos.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
if a MK gets me above them i usually try and air dodge+air control my way around them and try and find an edge. this pretty much re sets the momentum and your back to square one. if you can get an air dodge in and DI away your USUALLY far enough to not get combo'd further.

oh and on the approach... the general rule for fighting MK is not to lol camp, wait for him to come to you. and once you've got him in a combo then chase him... don't approach a MK who's settled nicely center stage. this = death

Top Bottom