• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching 10 Years of Smashboards

XDaDePsak Returns

Smash Rookie
It was almost 10 years ago that I first signed up for smashboards.

After Melee I took a very long hiatus, but now that Brawl is out I've decided to give the boards another spin.

Holy effing crap dudes. Anyone else been here this long? That's amazing.
Ten years is a LONG time.

XDaDePsak Returns

Smash Rookie
Good to see a fellow vet make a return here.

Anyone know if Amorasaki, Treget, and them are still alive?

Does Gideon still post?

XDaDePsak Returns

Smash Rookie
Nah, I IMed Blue Daemon on AIM and sent him a link to this poast.

This is the real X :)

And no, the board is not 7 1/2 years, it's older than that.

It's closer to 8 1/2 or 9. You must be confused because most vets have a sign-up date for Mar 2001... but that is only a mark of the Great Forum Crash... it's not the real date the board was created. I'm pretty sure I signed up in either Nov 1999 or Nov 2000.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
IP search showed him to be a seperate account from anyone else. What's up, man-I'm-to-young-to-know-but-read-about-in-mcfox's-fic!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ive heard a lot about XDaDePsak...

and try attempt to answer your question, I heard that Treget went bat**** insane and is living in the mountains as a hermit

Liquid Entropy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lets clear a few things up.

X is X. He contacted me directly to reference me to this post. As you can see, I'm posting from my old account. I do have a new computer, and I'm a pretty mobile individual, so an IP range isn't going to help you there. Maybe a history lesson might.

I came to smashboards in 1998. It was, at the time, part of a perfect dark forum. The SSB boards I'd been frequenting at the time were closed due. Me, the_best, and Fyreball migrated from those boards to these back then. I don't know if either of the other two have posted in the last 5 years, though.

When I came to the boards I wrote a whole bunch of "character guides" which Gideon published on the main site, and was one of the editors for a while. Then I was a mod. Then Treget made me an admin. Then Gideon let me mess with his posts and we pretended the forums were being hacked. Then they let me keep admin. Eventually I retired from the boards, and admin status went away.

The boards have been through three phases. The original "perfect dark" smashbrothers. Smash Fantasy World green boards. Then, post "Great Forum Crash", the boards you all know and love today.

I've posted under the following names, some of which may not be registered with the current phase of the boards:
blue deamon
mr bojangles
liquid entropy
god

So X is X. And I'm me. Is BBT really around? That'd be great. I noticed that I actually do recall quite a few of the posters on the boards. Some resourceful poster noticed my first post and has filled me in on a few things, though.

And Vinnie, X and I are both aware that you're Zap. How you doing, hoss?

Blackadder

Smash Master
OoOOOooOOooOOoooooooo...

*pokes flub*
You is Smash history, yesindeedydoodly. =o

.. What? What else is there to say? :laugh:;)

XDaDePsak Returns

Smash Rookie
yeah i'm me

maybe someone will un-ban my old account and i'll use that one

(i was banned cause i literally asked to be banned, so i would no longer be addicted to the boards)

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
dagnabbit, you're right!

that was more of a Mr. Satan entrance than a Vegita one :(

Where'd my avatar go? :3

P.S. Hi.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
...vets. They come back, say they're here to stay, and leave again for a couple of years. Let's see how long this guy sticks around. ;)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey X, i didn't know you back then but i read the thread where you asked to be banned, so welcome back i guess, if it means anything coming from me :).

Matt

Banned via Administration
HEY, get out of here you guys! I'm supposed to be the longest standing vet and you're cramping my style!

That goes for you, too, Bazooka Lucca.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
This topic has more vets in it than the VA.

I don't even remember the last time I saw X or LE post. I was just a young SWFer back then.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Goldshadow, post that plot graph you made that shows vets posting over a period of time. I think they are starting one of their waves again.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Definitely read that as "Mr. Saturn"

Also, welcome back.
Yup, I did that too. Although I think Mr. Saturn is a perfectly acceptable adjective anyway in this case.

This thread reminds me, is Gideon still around or affiliated with the boards at all?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Yup, I did that too. Although I think Mr. Saturn is a perfectly acceptable adjective anyway in this case.

This thread reminds me, is Gideon still around or affiliated with the boards at all?
Gid? He's fine. Never better. Don't worry about it.

So guys, I was thinking of getting a new custom title... how does, say, "Moreliator" sound?

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Kirby King said:
...I was thinking of getting a new custom title... how does, say, "Moreliator" sound?
Well at least I've been here long enough to know what you're talking about. Even if you are making fun of me.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo XDaDe! Long time no see bro. Are you still making music in that band of yours?

Liquid Entropy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gid? He's fine. Never better. Don't worry about it.

So guys, I was thinking of getting a new custom title... how does, say, "Moreliator" sound?
Hola KK. "Moreliator" sounds good, but Gid might not approve. Wiki done told me you're 1337 now. Do you study the computars?

So you guys are like 30 now too right?
Amo! Hola! I'm not 30 just yet. I think you're a year or two older than me, though, so I figure you're not quite 30 yourself.

Yo XDaDe! Long time no see bro. Are you still making music in that band of yours?
Hola Lucca. How YOU doing. This thread is netting all SORTS of old schoolers.

Top Bottom