• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah. You know we've played together before, right? I'm from DLP, also play on MTGS, and I believe we played on Fantasy Strike way back in the day.
That game was a goddamn travesty the one game I played on FS. Holy ****, I did not like anyone on that scum team by the end of it.

I said FF can go to Day 2. I didn't say he was town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
That game was a goddamn travesty the one game I played on FS. Holy ****, I did not like anyone on that scum team by the end of it.

I said FF can go to Day 2. I didn't say he was town.
I don't remember the game, shrug.

Oh, are you telling me Mr. Yeet Pressure lets non-townreads go to Day 2? You've got a reason for thinking Frozen's towny, you should talk about it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Xivii is town because he wouldn't have posted his theories about which characters are which role in the thread, he would have kept it in scumchat while hoping we flavor claim.

Plus this thing:
So thinking it over some more, I actually do think there are things we can get from flavor claims. While alignments are randomized, roles are not. And some roles are likely to be a certain alignment. So a bad character isn't necessarily mafia, but a ninja is probably going to be a ninja. And a ninja is probably mafia.

View attachment 290057

I don't want a mass flavor claim, but with this in mind, I actually do think Revenant should claim (just their name). Mainly because I'm curious to see if it's one of my town reads or one of my scum reads. Additionally, because he is likely a ninja and there's no other role that would be apparent from his claim, we won't be outing their role to mafia if they are indeed town.
Is this going to help with solving? Probably not. Is it a real way Xivii was trying to figure out the game, that only makes sense from a town perspective. It probably is.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Let's talk about Wam. I hate this from him:
I think the claim discussion is getting a little bit pointless now and slightly suspicious. It's a very easy way for scum to look busy and involved.
Why? Because there's no follow up, it's just ****-slinging. It's one-step removed, because is what he thinks town!him would be looking into to solve, but he's not actually doing the work of solving. Consider that instead of saying this, town!Wam could have held his tongue and looked for people using the claim discussion to look busy and involved, and then pushed on them. But he did do that. Instead scum!Wam thinks joining on the discussion would be scummy, so he does the opposite, and tries to end, and thinks it will make him look towny.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You, xivii, sabrar.

I'm giving vic a meta pass.
Oh and fontisan who hasnt posted any content yet.

Vote fontisan
It takes being prompted for Wam to share some names, and Wam's vote doesn't even end up on them, it goes on me for not posting content, when I wasn't even here. He has a stated idea (the people discussing massclaiming excessively might be scum trying to fake content) and, after a push, an idea of where scum might be from that idea (Ryker, Xivii, Sabrar), but he doesn't really care about those ideas, and he's happy to push for content on someone completely different instead. There's no attempt by him to connect the dots.

Side-note: There's a decent chance Wam and Sabrar are scum together, since Wam is pro-bussing and Sabrar was the first to respond to Wam's earlier post (and he didn't attack it).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Whack job problem solving is his forte and I've seen that sort of thing from him as both alignments.

Besides, I imagine it's akin to what I was doing at the start of the game: throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks. Do something people will think is outrageous and see how they react.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Also, Wam and Vic aren't scum together. Wam likes to bus, he would be self-conscious about explicitly excluding his teammate from his pool of suspects.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Whack job problem solving is his forte and I've seen that sort of thing from him as both alignments.

Besides, I imagine it's akin to what I was doing at the start of the game: throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks. Do something people will think is outrageous and see how they react.
Sure, but that process (doing something outrageous for reactions) is in itself towny, especially when it's combined with an attempt to solve off of those reactions. Xivii has been solving, and I've liked his reads and reasons.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ay, I've talked myself back around to:
Vote: Wam

Forgive me, Lord Xivii.

I agree with fonts mass claim point. But if you look at all of fonts posts they re all throwaway casual points. Basically active lurking.
Shout out to Somi for pointing out that Wam liked how I dealt with the massclaim (a one-off post saying "it's not fun, leave it alone" with the intent of ending discussion) so I was actually doing the exact opposite of what he said he thought scum might be doing. My reaction was closest to his, so his vote on me may have been projection (i.e. he knows what he's doing is scummy, I'm doing something similar, so he mentally categories me as scummy).

Also, it's just weird that he decided to pick on me "active lurking" when I was just straight up lurking. Like, did he see a post that made him think of me? Why was I even someone he was thinking about? The most likely scenario is that he had to go back over the massclaim posts when he was asked which people specifically he disliked, and that led him to see my posts again, which in turn led him to notice my lack of content. That's moderately scummy, actually, because it meant Wam had to refresh himself on the thread to figure out his suspects and didn't already have some thoughts on specific people being scummy in mind when he made that "scum could be using the massclaim talk" post. I may not be explaining this well, if you don't get it, ping me and I'll try again.

Maven89

Smash Master
Alright I probably won’t catch up tonight, a buddy came over. I only read up to page 3.

So far, I’m liking Rykers content, I like Vicarions content, and I don’t like fosian and to a less extent red ryu. Everyone else is null. I think the push on Vicarion is gross and I’m wary of Red Ryu because of it. I find Ryker and Vicarion a argument to be TvT, I lean towards Vicarion as I believe Ryker is just hoping the setup can be broken to cut down on tone and effort, he’s hoping for an easy way out. However, I still would be down for a mass claim, but certainly not at the start of day 1. I will almost definitely be claiming before the end of the day. I don’t see Ryker as scum unless it’s a crazy gambit which I doubt he would do with something as blatant as mass claiming. I’m not voting now because I have no idea where the game is at but if the game was just past page 3 I’d vote fosian for non content posting.

Vicarion certainly does not deserve to be lynched for opposing a mass claim and I can only hope in the next pages Ryker calls his lynch off and starts throwing shade at the people who jumped on it.

My Wallace the jailer comment is a meta joke and someone else in this website can explain it

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar well, if you want guesses, Mason?
Thank you for providing that guess. I'll be awaiting your claim with renewed interest, whenever that may happen.

I hope he claims mason. Then I don't have to read him.
Nope, won't save you the trouble.

You've articulated your suspicion on Xivii but haven't committed with a vote yet. Is there a reason you're holding your vote?
Obviously.

It's the timing of it. He voted me, saw that you were taking opportunity of that, and was suspicious of it. It comes from a town PoV.
I didn't take any opportunity, I couldn't care less at that point who was voting you. Post hoc, not propter hoc.

You're claiming that you are one of the PRs that I listed (I listed your flavor name with the wrong role, and I listed your role with the wrong flavor name, hence you know that 2 are incorrect), not to mention whatever your intro post was.
Good guess, still not a crumb (unless you define crumbing differently).

Your argument is based off a false premise: top response.
Your logic is still unsound. Going from your own words:
  • "if one of my strong town reads is Revenant, it invalidates the hypothesis and I should treat all claims as null"
  • "(This doesn't go both ways though. If a scum read claims Revenant, it doesn't confirm the hypothesis)."
No matter which case happens you won't get info on setup. Therefore the exercise is futile.

Why did you need to discredit Xivii's read on me, and only me, here?:
Because that was what could be 'disproved' without any additional legwork.

btw Sarbar used this same defense as scum in Sumting Mafia:
And I used the same defense in Secret Santa as Town. You can ask bessie, wam or LaserGuy. It's NAI.

Town!Sabrar, however, would keep his status concealed.
Incorrect because reasons.

Xivii is town because he wouldn't have posted his theories about which characters are which role in the thread, he would have kept it in scumchat while hoping we flavor claim.
Non-scum Xivii doesn't imply town-Xivii.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Not really, as the idea of a mass claim got dropped by Ryker anyway. Do you really want to have an utterly pointless argument or something?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Not really, as the idea of a mass claim got dropped by Ryker anyway. Do you really want to have an utterly pointless argument or something?
Not necessarily, I just wanted to see if it was in you to admit to a mistake or if you would rather let it slide into oblivion.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily, I just wanted to see if it was in you to admit to a mistake or if you would rather let it slide into oblivion.
:rolleyes:

I know you're not going to admit to a mistake anyway after that bloody argument over probabilities of different setups that we DID have and continued after the game, so there's no point having an argument.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
And I usually don't do it but Xivii's actions screamed Lyncher to me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And I usually don't do it but Xivii's actions screamed Lyncher to me.
Then say so and move on. That role is pathetically easy to deal with by lynching people you think are scum and not lynching people you think are town. If it wins because we lynch a townie we think is scum, who cares. I'm not gonna go out of my way to try and lynch a theoretical role that may exist and can be beaten by playing well.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Like, Indy hunting is not good. Indy hunting is INCREDIBLY not good on day one with nothing more to go on.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabby, who's your second lynch choice?
I normally would say wam but I've got one town-ping from him this game and my first choice for lynch wants him dead. That's enough to make me reconsider. I have no specific scum-pings from others, I think Vic is town and so are you. Eido is doing well for a newbie, fonti is differently town than in previous scum-games. I have no idea where Xivii gets his locktown read on Ryu, if I had to choose someone else right now it would be him because he's done nothing useful this game. And on that note

Chaco Chaco : request mod-prod on Red Ryu

PS: I'm okay with Sab, or Sabrar. Please don't call me Sabby.

Like, Indy hunting is not good. Indy hunting is INCREDIBLY not good on day one with nothing more to go on.
It's not 'hunting' per say as in I'm not spending time to deliberately look for indies. Xivii's play however is not town-motivated and is most consistent with Lyncher.

Also,meta gaming, but there's no way in hell Chaco spends his big chance to run a 14 player game with an indy on a lame-ass role like Lyncher.
Yes, the same argument was used by FrozenFlame in Crossover, denying the existence of Survivors and Bombs. Incidentally we had a Survivor Bomb in that game. So forgive me if I don't take your meta-read for granted.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I normally would say wam but I've got one town-ping from him this game and my first choice for lynch wants him dead. That's enough to make me reconsider. I have no specific scum-pings from others, I think Vic is town and so are you. Eido is doing well for a newbie, fonti is differently town than in previous scum-games. I have no idea where Xivii gets his locktown read on Ryu, if I had to choose someone else right now it would be him because he's done nothing useful this game. And on that note

Chaco Chaco : request mod-prod on Red Ryu

PS: I'm okay with Sab, or Sabrar. Please don't call me Sabby.

It's not 'hunting' per say as in I'm not spending time to deliberately look for indies. Xivii's play however is not town-motivated and is most consistent with Lyncher.

Yes, the same argument was used by FrozenFlame in Crossover, denying the existence of Survivors and Bombs. Incidentally we had a Survivor Bomb in that game. So forgive me if I don't take your meta-read for granted.
If you think Xivii is third party, why would him being after Wam make Wam any townier?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
You were self-aware that you had no content and your frustration with wam seems genuine. You're not trying to be 'obviously Town'.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You were self-aware that you had no content and your frustration with wam seems genuine. You're not trying to be 'obviously Town'.
And I was trying to be "obviously town" in previous scumgames?

Top Bottom