• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Pools and Schedule has been updated! V2!!

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
You have skyfire and kyle tree backwards. Skyfire is the 2 seed in that pool.
Fixed

So does the person at the top of the seed play the person at the bottom, or do they play the person right above/below them?
Person at top plays person at bottom. AKA people just play the continuation of their round 1 pools. Pretty lame.

Check shear's post for more info

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
So I went and created every pool and played them out as if the higher seed won. These are not predictions, they are just what the bracket would look like if they were played out in theory.

https://advancedbrackets.com/apex2015

For pools 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, and Top 16 The first round is not actually played, instead the winners start in the second round of winners and the losers in the second round of losers.
you have people in winners against people in losers from the first round of pools. are you sure this is how its gonna work out? players will reset their losses if they survive the first wave?

Shears

Smash Master
Person at top plays person at bottom. AKA people just play the continuation of their round 1 pools. Pretty lame.

Check shear's post for more info
Kind of. According to the pdf, winners will play out but losers will get split up. I agree it's lame but it doesn't really change anything because the matchups are still 1v2 and 3v4.

Shears

Smash Master
you have people in winners against people in losers from the first round of pools. are you sure this is how its gonna work out? players will reset their losses if they survive the first wave?
Continue reading, the first rounds aren't actually played. WQ and L1 is where the bracket starts. The first round, W1, is just there because theres nothing that let's you create a bracket without having a first round. So I appropriately advanced the winners and losers. You could think of it as a reset where the higher seeds get automatic wins in W1 or look at it ignoring W1 entirely. Get it? It's a little confusing.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
This is what pools will look like in round 2 if seeding goes exactly as planned.

It seems that the losers get scrambled in between the pools in round 2, but the two winners that make it out from a pool in round 1 enter the same pool anyways.
Pool 3 winners, nopnopenopnopenope

Also, I thought it's just top 2 advancing per pool, I have heard different things from a large variety of people.

Shears

Smash Master
Unofficially I (and whoever else is interested in getting their stream to be used) will stream teams and the rest of 64 that was neglected by Apex.

Top Bottom