• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-18, 2014 - Full SSB64 Results

TANK64

Smash Lord
The only people who are surprised Wizzy did well are real smashers, foreigners, and cobr
*Fixed

Everyone who plays online knew how good tacos was.

You poor console players need to play online so you don't get ambushed by hidden online bosses like tacos and dexter.
Eh still didn't think Tacos was like... THAT good. So either he got super watered down by fake smash, or he buffed up A LOT this past year.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Eh still didn't think Tacos was like... THAT good. So either he got super watered down by fake smash, or he buffed up A LOT this past year.
I think people forget to take into account that he often players at 6 frames and is still really good online.

malva00

Smash Master
*Fixed

He's not that good, and he didn't surprise me since I've played with him online before. SheerMadness is right.

I'm more surprised that Dext3r lost to my Jiggly with Pikachu. :happysheep:

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think people forget to take into account that he often players at 6 frames and is still really good online.
Yeah I played him on like 5 frames lol (and he only played Yoshi).

He's not that good, and he didn't surprise me since I've played with him online before. SheerMadness is right.

I'm more surprised that Dext3r lost to my Jiggly with Pikachu. :happysheep:
Yeah I already thought Dex was very impressive even from back then, but I haven't played either of them in over a year so lol.

TANK64

Smash Lord
lol I said not THAT good. As in the impression he gave me wasn't a top-8-at-Apex impression from playing him online.
Pretty sure the rest of my post(s) was super clear.

Doctor Tom

Smash Rookie
This was my first SSB64 tournament, and I definitely learned a **** ton from it. Shout outs to Han Solo, Kevin, and Smash Jesus, plus the other people who I can't remember the names of that I smashed with.

Also, apologies to Isai for blocking the way to the stage due to my woman distracting me.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
okay time to do some shoutouts finally. Now that i'm looking back at this list there's a bunch of people i didnt even get to meet and that sucks! hope to meet/play with the rest of you guys next year!

1: CT Isai [USA] :jigglypuff64:- your pika is legendary. It was really awesome to play against you. Also you seem like a really nice guy GGS
5: CT Wizzrobe [USA]:yoshi64:- nice job on 5th. you have progressed so fast in this game! if my power level is that of Krillin then that makes you Goku
9: sHEERmADNESS :yoshi64::fox64: - cool hanging out with you and finally eating vegetables for the first time in 4 years. teach me yoshi
9: Jam :pikachu64: - didn't really get to talk to you till after apex but you are a really cool guy
9: Star King :yoshi64::kirby64: - Thanks for teaching me how to practice shield brakes in practice mode that will be really helpful!
13: Killer :kirby64: - Good meeting you man lets play online sometime
13: Banze :pikachu64: - Coolest guy on the planet! i felt like instantly friends with you just because of your open laid back personality. Also you gave me a lot of super helpful advice for improving my pika so thank you! GGS
17: YBOMBB :jigglypuff64::pikachu64: - playing teams with you combo blaze and someone else i forget who... anyways it was funny and it was good meeting you
17: clubbadubba :falcon64::pikachu64: - we barely got to play/talk but it was cool meeting you i hope we can play some more next year!
17: Sensei :pikachu64::falcon64: - you're a really funny guy. cool meeting you. onix to kirby up-B combo was so dope
17: [Koroshiyo] KeroKeroppi :pikachu64::kirby64::falcon64: - really cool guy as i suspected you would be. GGS on the money match. I plan on getting my money back next year!
17: Kefit :pikachu64: - not sure why everyone hates on your playstyle cuz i really like it. keep it up man.
17: Firo :ness64: - dude u were killing me with the fox dair infinite. Gotta improve my DI i guess. GGS tho!
25: Mr Bushido:falcon64: - Its awesome to play against you man your playstyle is great don't ever change
25: [Koroshiyo] Stranded :falcon64: - SUP. your falcon is silky smooth man SILKY SMOOTH. GGS
25: Combo Blaze:falcon64: - cool to meet another online player! your tag is pretty accurate tbh
25: cobr_evolution :samus64: - COBR CONFIRMED much better on console. Also it was really cool hang to out with you. Thanks for the beers
33: MGFC | Jimmy Joe :kirby64::pikachu64: - loved the commentary man. Also you are a really nice/cool guy and our pika dittos were excellent. hope to see you next Apex
33: Breakthrough:falcon64:- So cool to meet another online warrior in person. you were really cool. GGS
33: *** Vwls - i think you were the other person i played with in friendly teams. cool to meet u bro
33: [Koroshiyo] Maliki:falcon64: - i think we only played a few matches but you were really good better than i thought u would be GGS
33: Weedwack :ness64: - I can't thank you enough for housing everyone and being taxi driver you are really cool and i hope to see you next year. Also prepare to lose if we face off in bracket again xD
33: Komotonoto:yoshi64: - you were actually exactly how i pictured you would be from online LOL. seriously tho you seemed really cool and your yoshi has definitely improved from when we last played online
33: Shears:pikachu64: - pretty sure you were already drunk when we met but good to meet you. your smash drinking game was hilarious to watch
33: greginator - not sure if we met at apex but i just played you online and ur jiggs is impressive. GGS
49: m3gav01t :falcon64: - only talked to you a little bit but you seemed like a genuinely nice person. Also i need to invent a move that people will name after me
49: Tom Bombadil - cool to meet you man lets play online sometime
65: Olikus:kirby64: - yooo man it was awesome meeting you! you were really friendly and sorry but i totally forgot to give you some grease before i left!
65: TR3G | hipstur:fox64:- your fox is tight man seriously keep it up GGS
65: Eggmode - sup dude good to meet you. you were really friendly and i hope to see you at the next apex. also your 12 character battle thing is awesome
65: MGFC | Smash Jesus - only met you for like a minute but you seemed like a chill dude. GGS
97: Gunblade - I think you said you were a brawl player but you had an awesome attitude when we played in bracket and it was good to meet you

After meeting and hanging out with a bunch of you guys i have never felt so happy to be a part of this community. Literally everyone i met was so friendly and awesome and the fact that all of you guys love smash as much as me is just icing on the cake. LOVE YOU GUYS. really hope i can make it out next year

I'll Win

Smash Rookie
lol star king and killer got ****ed. Looks like I should of attended to rep up the keyboads properly.

ArdentRage

Smash Rookie
1: CT Isai [USA] :jigglypuff64: Isai I had a blast playing Link dittos! Congrats on the win man! GGs
2: Moyashi [JPN] :kirby64: You seemed really funny, but you were also truly skilled congratulations on 2nd!
3: SuPeRbOoMfAn [CAN] :falcon64::pikachu64: Superboom it was super fun playing on the Japanese version of the game. Those Link uptilts though. Gratz on 3rd!
4: Mariguas [MEX] :falcon64::pikachu64: You had a unique personality with that Captain Falcon and all the taunts. Gratz on 4th!
5: CT Wizzrobe [USA]:yoshi64: Awesome yoshi play man congratz on 5th!
5: tacos [USA]:yoshi64: It was entertaining watching all those free for all ditto matches!
7: JaimeHR [MEX] :fox64::falcon64::samus64: It was fun playing the Japanese version with you man!
9: Jam :pikachu64: I had fun hanging out at the restaurant with you man! Maybe we can play if I go next year!
13: Nintendude :mario64::pikachu64: Awesome job keeping up with the tournament man! Thanks for directing me to the 64 booth also!
33: Han Solo :fox64: It was fun hanging out man and playing some matches I really enjoyed it!
49: bloodpeach:yoshi64: It was fun hanging out man!
65: Olikus:kirby64: Thanks for all the matches man! I had a blast every match! Hopefully will get to play again sometime! GGss
65: TR3G | hipstur:fox64: Fun matches man thanks for all the advice!
97: ALLCAPS I had fun playing matches man you steadily improved as we played!

If I missed anyone I am sorry lol there were so many names, and I think I might have gotten some mixed up. Thanks for all the awesome games everyone and hopefully I'll be able to come back next year! Also, I'll try to be a little more active on the forums.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
woah woah WOAH!!

Hold up....

Tacos made TOP 5!? Have I really been gone for that long??

Last edited:

banze

Smash Journeyman
Duuudeeesss finally I got a chance to write something about this amazing weekend!! I had a F***ing blast the entire time!

I would like to thanks everybody for the awesome comments about me, I've read them all!!
Not gonna go through each one because its going to take a while, but everyone that I've talked with, laugh and played knows how much I appreciated it!

I'm happy with my placement on the tourny (tough I was looking for 9th this year ! again by one, =] Thanks SK) and I was really surprise about all the new comers and the overall level!
I would like to thanks specially to weedwack who kindly host a bunch of outsiders and made the best smashparty ever ;D. Madrush for the sick buddypass!
Congratz Isai for winning with that sick Puff ! =D
The freeplays were awesome! doubles to (get ready for some PikaSh******T) aaanndddd I won both Yolo and Crews (In your face Han/Clubba =D)

Cant wait for next time and I promises to keep practicing and getting better! Follow our tournys through the years.

Had a Blast with everyone!
see ya !

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Woah woah don't go giving me any credit for that loss han solo was team captain!

The Star King

Smash Hero
We had incapacitated Sensei and jimmyjoe. I'm perfectly happy with how we did.
You knew that when you chose them for your team, though.

Don't go acting like you were disadvantaged. It was your choice to pick them.

#pwned #TeamBanze

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
wow team clubba solo is like the worst team imaginable

did you guys even take a single stock

such scrubs

#pwned #TeamBanze #StealingSKsHashtags #Llama

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I picked them because I picked Boom first, and he decided to leave literally right after I picked him. I figured it would be entertaining, and it was.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Woah woah woah, Clubba played teams without me!? I guess I was incapacitated, but iirc Clubba dubba dubba kept dying off first and leaving me to try to mop up in a 2vs1 :troll:

Vincent Asselin

Smash Rookie
To see Isai own with Jiggly gave me hope that maybe I can get good with DK. however, I,m no Isai so who knows...

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
To see Isai own with Jiggly gave me hope that maybe I can get good with DK. however, I,m no Isai so who knows...
The only thing that would possibly prevent you from achieving your goal is a bad attitude. People often have this idea that Isai is some God and that only he is capable of achieving true greatness in smash. Isai is simply the product of determination, perseverance, and spirt. His achievements in this game are not ones that can't be matched or even surpassed by any means. I truly believe that every single player has what it takes to be the best, and I'm going to prove it. I'm going to reach Isai's level and go beyond.

Stick with DK if you love him. There's nothing standing in your way if you give it your all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom