• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything new for G&W in brawl?

LegendofJBC

Smash Rookie
Do you think anything will be different for movesets on mr. GW? If so, what kinda new moves and which ones do you think will stay?

What kind of FS do you think he might have?

What kinda taunt?

What things should they work on to make him to atleast be 1 tier higher?

Kips

Smash Ace
I think his final smash will involve something over the top like:
The entire stage changes into cel-shaded G&W design and the opponent gets run over by a G&W-esque train with MG&W on top.

His taunts will probably involve some more obscure G&W games. To make him better they could give him a better shield for one, a better wavedash and definitely improve his roll. Those are his biggest problems for me- Defending yourself and efficient movement are a pain when playing G&W. His moveset might involve some new stuff from the G&W era like winding up a corkscrew punch (Boxing) or holding onto Balloons for recovery. Either way, lets pray Mr. Game and Watch is in Brawl! He's my favorite character and my main for sure!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
G&W's grab range could be improved, thank you.

I like the train idea for his FS.

He needs more powerful attacks...most of his Melee moves did pretty weak damage...

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Yeah, for Melee he was pretty good when it came to hitting with repetitive moves and using a strong killer, but I'd like to see some more speed/power into him to make him a top tier char.
Great, so EVERYONE will use him? ugh. No thanks.

D

Deleted member

Wavedashing is out of brawl, just so u know. I think mainly he needs to be a bit heavier, quicker roll, and a better shield. His attacks are pretty powerful, i dont think he needs more power. Maybe better comboing moves though :/

Kips

Smash Ace
Yeah his power and 0 lag-time in between smashes are already set. Definitely should increase his weight and have a longer and faster roll. I find the problem with him is that his blocky movement means that he can be easy to predict, movement-wise, leaving him wide open for an open hit on his crappy defenses. Hopefully this time around he'll be more awesome-azing!

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
The entire stage changes into cel-shaded G&W design and the opponent gets run over by a G&W-esque train with MG&W on top.

His taunts will probably involve some more obscure G&W games. To make him better they could give him a better shield for one, a better wavedash and definitely improve his roll. Those are his biggest problems for me- Defending yourself and efficient movement are a pain when playing G&W. His moveset might involve some new stuff from the G&W era like winding up a corkscrew punch (Boxing) or holding onto Balloons for recovery. Either way, lets pray Mr. Game and Watch is in Brawl! He's my favorite character and my main for sure!
Even though wavedashing is out for Brawl, being a G&W main myself, I never had a problem with his wavedash. I find it pretty efficient, and, on some stages, I only move with Wavedashes/wavelandings.

I honestly hope they keep him in the same if he's in brawl. Maybe a bit heavier, so he isn't KO'd at 65%, but otherwise, I really like playing him the way he is. His moves are very predictable, but out of an upthrow, you can combo pretty relentlessly with shffl'd fairs and a key spike finish. Works especially well on FD and corneria. His fast fall is alot faster than anyone who doesn't play him would think. Plus, upthrow to Number 9 Judgement Hammer is pretty amazing.

Kips

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm terrible with Mr. G&W's grabs. I just focus on his aerials and handy ground Tilts with the occasional smash. Grabbing with him is like trying to snatch fish falling from the air with greased gloves- You're going to almost get it and then get hit in the face with some writhing animal.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm terrible with Mr. G&W's grabs. I just focus on his aerials and handy ground Tilts with the occasional smash.
That's the exact same way I play, except I occasionally use a side-B.

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't think any of Mr. Game and Watch's moves will be altered at all, because all of his moves were original and taken from his games. His damage for his moves should be changed though...

Hmm, I would have to say Mr. Game and Watch needs to a be a little bit heavier, have a faster roll, and have a better shield.

Kips said:
What he said. Plus his Final Smash will be able to change the music to that Flat Zone song or something Game and Watchy for the duration of it.

His taunt should be...instead of one bell...two bells!!! Or he could do that one of his Game and Watch games such as that "Judgement game", where two Game and Watches play for the higher number, which of course allows you to win. So when you activate it it will like do like a cut out of his head the character your opponent uses (like Mario) and paste it on that Game and Watch figure's head area(which will be the one that loses) and together you bang each others' heads and Mr. Game and Watch (you) will always have a nine and the Mario headed Game and Watch will have a one or always a lower number (so it doesn't get boring). Then "Mario" will do that error sound and retreat a little bit with the blinking (fading in and out) Yeah all of that sounds confusing huh? Ehh well just Google "Game and Watch Judgement game" or YouTube it.

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol i thought it was ******** when i learned he can chain throw fox lmao

his throws are ******** and he can chain throw fox with up throw, so funny!

Top Bottom