• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything new for Bowser from the direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Bowser is definitly looking beyond amazing so far, or at least compared to Brawl and Melee. Definitly excited to try him out in the new game.

I'm also really hoping his Air Side B jump cancel or whatever is gonna return. Dunno if it has an official name given by the community, but I mean this right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfue8vGEDcc

I always really liked that haha

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Just noticed another new thing from the direct.

Bowser has a new dodge roll, and it looks faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs&t=07m15s
Yeah I noticed that too, I got really hype when I saw it. It appears that it also moves him further as well. I remember seeing his forward roll somewhere but I don't remember which trailer it was in; they both look infinitely better than the fat roll he has in brawl.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
He has a new back-air. I forgot where I saw it but he just kicks his feet out.... kinda boring to me.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789

GIF (half speed) of back air. It has a bit of ending lag.

It also has a pure vertical knockback trajectory, but that might be because of Smash Run enemies.
the landing lag could be that there was no active input so he got up slowly instead of doing something else.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Even if back air has the same landing lag as before, the important thing is if it can be used during a short hop without actually incurring said lag. If it's short-hoppable then it becomes a much safer, and more viable, mix-up and pressure tool, especially if it still hits with similar power to all of the previous versions of back-air.

Also, it'd be pretty funny if the reason for the Goomba's trajectory was actually because the attack spiked it down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom