• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
My apologies for all the Chrom defaming you see in the Robin forums, SmashBoards, and much of the Internet at large. I wish you all the best in your endeavours. Good luck.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
The Ask and Submits for the Tumblr blog are now up.

Also I don't think support from Serene's Forest is going to happen, most of them, if not all, have no interest in this movement.

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
The goal isn't just to show Sakurai we want him, but show he was wrong about Chrom, and consider him again if newcomer dlc becomes a thing.
I was, and still am a Chrom supporter, so I really dont want this to go through as disrespect, but isnt the whole " show sakurai he was wrong" the same blatant disregard to his talent for developing games as the guy during the roundtable?

Please dont take it as flame, because its not. Id be overjoyed to have Chrom, but I cant help but look at the realistic outcome.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also I don't think support from Serene's Forest is going to happen, most of them, if not all, have no interest in this movement.
Can't say I didn't warn you. Most of SF's users are "old guard" FE fans who prefer older games in the series, or at least aren't quite so attached to Awakening.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Frostwraith, a problem I have with Smash and Fire Emblem is relevancy. I can understand keeping Marth in, he's the posterboy for Fire Emblem. But Ike? I'm not saying they need to get rid of Ike and just give his moveset to Chrom, but for relevancy, wouldn't it do to replace Ike with Chrom? I understand he has his own fanbase and that's sort of low -- but I honestly think that would be a fair thing to do for each Smash, replace the old lord with the new one. As it stands, unless Chrom becomes DLC, it seems he will never get a Smash debut and that hurts, a lot. By replacing the old lord with the new each Smash, we'd constantly get the most current representative, while keeping Marth for the main representative, and probably Robin for uniqueness.

Thoughts? (Everyone, not just Frostwraith)
Ike has been in 2 of the 6 Fire Emblem games released in NA. He introduced the iconic skill Aether which is still used today in Awakening and has differentiated himself as the Radiant Hero along with his fire attribute. His descendant, Priam, ranked #13 on Awakening's most popular male.

Clearly he is still relevant and more unique.

EndlessChrom

Smash Rookie
Wohooo first post.
I was watching this Forum since last years E3 i think but now i decided to sign up on this forum.
Chroms disconfirmation and the way they showed us was a big knife in my heart. I thought that Chrom was 100% in this game...but Sakurai...
Sign me up as a Chrom Supporter even if it makes no more sense.

(I know my english is a bit rusty sorry for that)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Wohooo first post.
I was watching this Forum since last years E3 i think but now i decided to sign up on this forum.
Chroms disconfirmation and the way they showed us was a big knife in my heart. I thought that Chrom was 100% in this game...but Sakurai...

Welcome to Smashboards!

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Wohooo first post.

Welcome to Smashboards!

Same feeling here with the disconfirmation. Call me crazy but I somehow feels fine if only Robin made it, but with Lucina too I really really feel something is missing. Still hope for DLC.

Enloc

Smash Cadet
Heh, I see we have at least one rather violent detractor on Tumblr. Goodness, you'd think we were asking them to sacrifice their firstborn to Grima or something! On the bright side, it is great to see support trickling in. It's just a matter of reaching the right person...then we can really take off.

I'd like some opinions from my fellow people in the movement. Would it be tasteless to hold a Tumblr giveaway for one of my Chrom charms? I happen to have one I could spare from my sales stock and I could easily make a giveaway post that requires reblogs (and keeping the link to the movement in the reblog). I've wanted to do a giveaway for a long time, but now seems like an opportune way to spread word because people LOVE free stuff.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I was, and still am a Chrom supporter, so I really dont want this to go through as disrespect, but isnt the whole " show sakurai he was wrong" the same blatant disregard to his talent for developing games as the guy during the roundtable?

Please dont take it as flame, because its not. Id be overjoyed to have Chrom, but I cant help but look at the realistic outcome.
Nah, we politely mean he's underestimated what Chrom could do. Like how he saw nothing in the Villager during Brawl's time.

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
Wohooo first post.

I'm glad one more supporter and one more helper has joined the fray though this might take a long time we will fight to the end because anything can change

Last edited:

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
I'm a writer so I was thinking that once we get past the early phase I wanted to write a fake trailer with chrom's move set in it but there's no particular reason I just thought that would be pretty cool tell me what you guys/gals think

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that Chrom could have a chance if he is the main Lord of a new Fire Emblem game in the future after SSB4 comes out... just to keep him relevant for a little bit longer.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd like some opinions from my fellow people in the movement. Would it be tasteless to hold a Tumblr giveaway for one of my Chrom charms? I happen to have one I could spare from my sales stock and I could easily make a giveaway post that requires reblogs (and keeping the link to the movement in the reblog). I've wanted to do a giveaway for a long time, but now seems like an opportune way to spread word because people LOVE free stuff.
If that would be one way to boost the number of reblogs and support, then go right ahead and do what you want. The more support, the better. ;)

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Nah, we politely mean he's underestimated what Chrom could do. Like how he saw nothing in the Villager during Brawl's time.
Oh I completely forgot about that. Oh well, sign me up in the movement then, since I cant find aby negatives to it ^^

By the way, I'd be glad to put my drawing and writing passions to good use^^

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I want to get this out of the way, sakurai is one of my favorite and most respected game crafters. I don't want to insult his abilities and I don't want to act like I know more about game developing then he does; all I want to do, is show my support for one of my favorite characters.

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
Oh I completely forgot about that. Oh well, sign me up in the movement then, since I cant find aby negatives to it ^^

By the way, I'd be glad to put my drawing and writing passions to good use^^
We definitely need anyone who can draw so that would be awesome actually depending on how good you are at drawing maybe you can draw the trailer for
Chrom I'm going to make (I'm gonna write the trailer)

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I can sort of draw. I love doing it so yeah, anything to help!

The only thing I'm worried about is when SMT x FE comes out is that the dlc wouldn't necessarily be Chrom.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Ike has been in 2 of the 6 Fire Emblem games released in NA. He introduced the iconic skill Aether which is still used today in Awakening and has differentiated himself as the Radiant Hero along with his fire attribute. His descendant, Priam, ranked #13 on Awakening's most popular male.

Clearly he is still relevant and more unique.
I don't think Sakurai bases the characters on whether or not they were in so many of the games released in NA. His Skill itself doesn't continue to make him relevant, and his descendant doesn't make him relevant.

And it's not very fair to say he's automatically more unique than Chrom.

And it's just my opinion that EVERY lord should have a chance, and none of them, aside from Marth and incredibly unique additions, like Robin, should have more than one chance. I'm not a game designer, I know my opinion is probably wrong or dumb or unpopular, but I think every recent main lord should get their own chance at Smash fame.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
We definitely need anyone who can draw so that would be awesome actually depending on how good you are at drawing maybe you can draw the trailer for
Chrom I'm going to make (I'm gonna write the trailer)
Oh hum, Im pretty sure thats way out of my league. I hand draw colour illustrations, and I can make one with Chrom in whatever pose, but a whole trailer? I dont know....

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
Oh hum, Im pretty sure thats way out of my league. I hand draw colour illustrations, and I can make one with Chrom in whatever pose, but a whole trailer? I dont know....
I thought you might say that so why don't we do seperate projects do chrom in whatever pose you think is good and I'll do my trailer but since you took the time to answer what other character would you want in the trailer

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
I can sort of draw. I love doing it so yeah, anything to help!

The only thing I'm worried about is when SMT x FE comes out is that the dlc wouldn't necessarily be Chrom.
I'll post my trailer on smash boards and if you or anyone else thinks they can draw it well it would be awesome but I don't need to have it drawn I just think it would be helpful to get the point across but the trailer might take a while I haven't written it yet

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I thought you might say that so why don't we do seperate projects do chrom in whatever pose you think is good and I'll do my trailer but since you took the time to answer what other character would you want in the trailer
Well Im busy for the next month or so, so it'll have to wait, but Ill start working on it when I have time. For the trailer, I suppose Robin and Lucina are bo brainers, as well as Marth and Ike of course.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Lucina - "Wow Chrom, you have so many tomes"
Chrom - "How do I use this ****? Oh well, that's why I carry my Exalted Falchion!"

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
Well Im busy for the next month or so, so it'll have to wait, but Ill start working on it when I have time. For the trailer, I suppose Robin and Lucina are bo brainers, as well as Marth and Ike of course.
Alright ill throw in the ones I think will fit

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't think Sakurai bases the characters on whether or not they were in so many of the games released in NA. His Skill itself doesn't continue to make him relevant, and his descendant doesn't make him relevant.
They don't neccesarily make him "relevant/recent/whatever the current buzzword is", but they show that he's continuing to have an impact on the series even after he's stopped appearing in games. Not something you can say for many Lords/Main characters besides Marth.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Even though I didn't support Chrom's inclusion at first, now that Lucina and Robin are safe, I do support Chrom for DLC.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I finished making the Xat! It's xat.com/ChromForSmash
If you and/or any of your friends wants to contribute we can talk there. The movement will probably end up being in every single social network :awesome:
I'll be sure to bookmark the xat page. I'm a bit of a shy turtle so I might pop in to check if anyone is on, then leave. xD I'd be happy to talk to anyone who's there after I've settled in though.

On another note, I'm glad to see some more artists hopping aboard! Your contributions are welcome and appreciated!
We're looking forward to working with you! :p
Though, right now I'm curious to know which artist is the most capable out of the ones we have so far, just so we can have a good measure of what we can achieve. I know that I'm certainly not the top dog here.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
They don't neccesarily make him "relevant/recent/whatever the current buzzword is", but they show that he's continuing to have an impact on the series even after he's stopped appearing in games. Not something you can say for many Lords/Main characters besides Marth.
You have a point. I guess I just want to make apparent that I'm not trying to say Chrom is more important than Ike.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I always used to support Robin in the main roster and Chrom for DLC, because choosing the most unique right away seemed the smartest way to go, but now that Chrom is cemented as Robin's final smash, I think he's out of the picture.
I don't think that FS would be the issue. That comes down to making a separate model for a different FE:A character (probably morgan which would probably just involve copying Robin's model and adjusting it) and adding a property to swap based on Chrom being played or not. Or replacing him altogether in the FS. I can understand if you don't think it isn't possible but it would be more likely that he wouldn't happen for DLC because either DLC isn't going to be a thing or Sakurai still believes that he doesn't want Chrom to be a clone and if he continues to believe his moveset can not be original.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
On another note, I'm glad to see some more artists hopping aboard! Your contributions are welcome and appreciated!
We're looking forward to working with you!:p
Though, right now I'm curious to know which artist is the most capable out of the ones we have so far, just so we can have a good measure of what we can achieve. I know that I'm certainly not the top dog here.
Same^^. Im excited to see what I can learn from this.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't think that FS would be the issue. That comes down to making a separate model for a different FE:A character (probably morgan which would probably just involve copying Robin's model and adjusting it) and adding a property to swap based on Chrom being played or not. Or replacing him altogether in the FS. I can understand if you don't think it isn't possible but it would be more likely that he wouldn't happen for DLC because either DLC isn't going to be a thing or Sakurai still believes that he doesn't want Chrom to be a clone and if he continues to believe his moveset can not be original.
Replace him with Alfonzo when Chrom's in battle. Or Frederick.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'll be sure to bookmark the xat page. I'm a bit of a shy turtle so I might pop in to check if anyone is on, then leave. xD I'd be happy to talk to anyone who's there after I've settled in though.

We're looking forward to working with you! :p
I've seen your work and it's really good! Here's a look at the moveset http://chromforsmashbros.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/in-response-to-what-would-chrom-do-in-smash-bros/

And here's a look at the style the moveset can be in

I'm not forcing you to do it or anything, but so you can visualize how it can be. You can do it however you like, though, or pass it to someone else willing to do it.

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Don't you supporters think that the man who lives and breaths this game (and perhaps Namco Bandai too,) knows a bit better than we do when it comes to what characters can add? Fans don't exactly meet the same professional standard.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Don't you supporters think that the man who lives and breaths this game (and perhaps Namco Bandai too,) knows a bit better than we do when it comes to what characters can add? Fans don't exactly meet the same professional standard.
I feel like the issue he met when trying to make Chrom unique was that he thought his fans might not be too happy with the outcome. Also, it isn't impossible for him to have a creative block concerning Chrom. Plenty of people have creative blocks.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I feel like the issue he met when trying to make Chrom unique was that he thought his fans might not be too happy with the outcome. Also, it isn't impossible for him to have a creative block concerning Chrom. Plenty of people have creative blocks.
Also, robin was "much easier to visualize", meaning it was easier for sakurai to see his moveset potential, making it an easy choice.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And I'm going to be completely honest, Chrom is probably one of the characters that had the least obvious moveset potential, if we consider what Sakurai wants to do with the roster. I've had creative block coming up with a moveset for Chrom plenty, and I hate to say it, but anything I came up with paled in comparison to what I could come up with for Robin. At least in terms of differentiating the character from the other two.

I've said as much before, but figured Chrom was more likely and still like the character, and wanted to show my support because you guys are awesome people!

I think Sakurai tried his best, and wanted to try and make fans of all of the Fire Emblem top choices happy.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
And I'm going to be completely honest, Chrom is probably one of the characters that had the least obvious moveset potential, if we consider what Sakurai wants to do with the roster. I've had creative block coming up with a moveset for Chrom plenty, and I hate to say it, but anything I came up with paled in comparison to what I could come up with for Robin. At least in terms of differentiating the character from the other two.

I've said as much before, but figured Chrom was more likely and still like the character, and wanted to show my support because you guys are awesome people!

I think Sakurai tried his best, and wanted to try and make fans of all of the Fire Emblem top choices happy.
This I agree with fully. Although I will continue to support chrom, his addition as a fs could never have happened at all! I also am really impressed by robin and would like to thank you for your support :D

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Replace him with Alfonzo when Chrom's in battle. Or Frederick.
Why do people keep saying Frederick should replace Chrom? Unless you do the supports, Robin doesn't really have that much to do with Freddy. It should really be Morgan. But with what hair color?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom