• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I actually had a dream where Dread Fighter Chrom was confirmed as an alt for Robin a couple weeks ago (That class does use both swords and tomes, so I guess it would sort of make sense). Sadly it looks like all of Robin's alts are just hair recolors. :(

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Wait wait wait, where have we seen that?!
seen... what?

anywyas, while froma logical standpoint Chrom should be a marth clone, i think that's not only bad for variety, but also bad for marketing. unless Chrom is literally Roy without fire, i guarantee he'd fail to move many sales by himself.

So, while i particularly think it's silly to give Chrom a moveset froma 2-handed swordsman, it would have to do. Ike's the only normal swordsman who isn't a clone or wasn't cloned already, so it would have to be him.

Hence i think he'd have to be unique or at least someone's semi-clone (at which point being Marth's Lucas would be fine. Maybe even Marth's Wolf if we are t be greedy, but at that point you might as well make him ully unique)

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I'm wondering where we've seen Robin's alternate colors before.
I was told that all of Robin's alternates in the Japanese demo were simply hair recolors. Unless that was simply another miscommunication.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That just makes the whole thing sting worse...

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Welp, time to put the torches and pitchforks to good use. :p

To be more on topic, I think we should look at all options. Let's say Chrom was added as a last minute clone of Marth, just stronger and a bit slower. Would you rather clone Chrom or no Chrom?

I'd personally be fine with any Chrom.
Any Chrom, even a Captain Falcon clone :troll:

I'd personally like a Mii Swordsman Chrom that way the swordsman moveset can be used in tournaments and such. It won't be much of a waste.

BTW GUYS the Ike color isn't Chrom based. Chrom has a white cape.
Edit: Nevermind, it probably is white on the other side.
It still looks awesome and will probably be my Ike palette.

It doesn't really mean anything, though. Mario has a Wario based costume.

Last edited:

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Any Chrom, even a Captain Falcon clone :troll:

I'd personally like a Mii Swordsman Chrom that way the swordsman moveset can be used in tournaments and such. It won't be much of a waste.

BTW GUYS the Ike color isn't Chrom based. Chrom has a white cape. It looks more like Sigurd but I don't know. It still looks awesome.
i though Marth had a sigurd one? well, if you say so.

anyways, @ Robertman2 Robertman2 , i told you Lucina was going to be a full clone of marth in terms of specials and Fs. didn't even get an Awakenign hud in critical hit.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
i though Marth had a sigurd one? well, if you say so.

anyways, @ Robertman2 Robertman2 , i told you Lucina was going to be a full clone of marth in terms of specials and Fs. didn't even get an Awakenign hud in critical hit.
It actually is Chrom. I forgot Chrom's cape was darker on the inside. It looks great, though.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
If anything, this confirms Ike has the best colors. :4myfriends::troll::4myfriends::troll:

Seriously though, as an Ike sub-main, this great news for me. Anything can change for my friends! :p

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm honestly hyped about the FE palettes. There's Chrom, Tharja, Tiki, Roy, Eliwood, Sigurd and others.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, you kind of get to play as Chrom now. :lol:

I mean, aside from the hairstyle and sword, Ike and Chrom do have pretty similar appearances. A simple palette swap could easily make one look like the other.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Chrom confirmed as an Ike alt as well as a Ridley Charizard and Mewtwo-like Lucario?

What does it all mean!?!?!?

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

I mean, aside from the hairstyle and sword, Ike and Chrom do have pretty similar appearances. A simple palette swap could easily make one look like the other.
Not sure if I should use Chrom-Ike or Robin and activate the victory pose with Chrom in it.

Morbi

Scavenger

I suppose their appearances would be fairly similar if Chrom started taking steroids. However, I will take what I can get.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Chrom as an Ike palette isn't the same and you guys know it.
It's more of "something cool for Ike", rather than it being good for Chrom. I still don't think it lowers his chances.

If there's one thing that makes Chrom's chances low, it's not an Ike palette swap. Remember Mario with Wario's colors, Wario with Mario's colors, Diddy with Dixie palette swap, etc.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
I loled so hard when I saw it.
I never wanted Chrom in.
Well then, why are you here? This is akin to me posting in Krystal or Ashley threads about how I chuckled when I saw the trophy.

Admittedly I felt a snide sense of satisfaction when the former got deconfirmed, but I only found out about the latter like in April.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey guys, I'm glad you're all staying calm during this. :) Sadly, the Character Discussions will be gone tomorrow, archived and away from all non-mod eyes. That being said, all Chrom discussion will end.

...Here, at least. I'm making you guys a Social Group! :D Keep an eye out for it! If you'd like to join, just tell me. :D

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
hello guys im from the ridley side... we sit now once again in the same boat... DLC pls let it happen <.<

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hold on, a social group?
Yep! It'll be posted once Crashboards stops being itself. :p

I figure I'll call it "The Shepherds' Garrison" or something like that.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Hey guys, I'm glad you're all staying calm during this. :) Sadly, the Character Discussions will be gone tomorrow, archived and away from all non-mod eyes. That being said, all Chrom discussion will end.

...Here, at least. I'm making you guys a Social Group! :D Keep an eye out for it! If you'd like to join, just tell me. :D
I'd definitely like to join. The support should continue.
hello guys im from the ridley side... we sit now once again in the same boat... DLC pls let it happen <.<
Welcome aboard. Maybe we can get Chrom riding on Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom