• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone think that Brawl will be the final SSB game?

nice1

Smash Lord
it could be unless nintendo comes with another console. each smash was on a diff console but i could see another smash on the wii

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ssb will aways be on a nintendo platform and i bet they will at least make ONE more ssb but seirously the 7 years we waited from melee to bralw .. lmfao

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have this be the last, best one than for Nintendo or anyone other than Sakurai directing the game to end the series with a piece of crap game.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
InvincibleAgent your whipping out the post count? Just how many times you've posted usually doesn't matter. it's about what you post. while the topic itself does indeed have another thread.
Post count is a good demonstration that you've been around the block. My point was that noobs shouldn't post topics until they've been around the block. And you just agreed with me, BTW.

And of course it's what you post (as opposed to how many), but this guy is posting stuff that already has its own threads, or else doesn't deserve threads, and as such, shouldn't post them. Do you disagree? He should look around so he learns the ins and outs before spamming up the board.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It'd be nice if there was more.
But considering they're putting that much effort into making this game as good as they can, perhaps it will be the final one.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
So, after this game does anyone think Brawl will be the last page of the book?
because there was a huge gap from melee to brawl (7 years)..
There was a huge gap, because theres ONE smash game per system. its sorta like... an image of how nintendo has changed since the last console, sorta thing.

SSBB=/= Last SSB game. -EVEREYONE- would be mad.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Not exactly.

Brawl has a lot of time on it's hands.
About double the amount Melee had.

The possibilities are endless, until it gets old.

Similar to the Wii's situation.
I don't see another next gen console for any company for a long time now.
The chances are very very distant.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Masahiro Sakurai and Shigeru Miyamoto are interested in the idea of Super Smash Bros. Bros. for the DS (idea came from fans like us). Sakurai said IF he's going to do that, it would be sometime after "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is finished. *Fingers crossed for this to happen*

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Off topic: Whoever thought of Brawl being on PS3 in the first place should be thrown into a lake until he loses consciousness take him out of the lake and wake him up and throw him off a cliff. Then fall through a bridge and on spiky rocks... And should live to suffer telling the tale to whoever asks. Ok. My violent rant is done. Back to the topic.

On topic: I think this shouldn't be talked about right now. I mean C'MON people, you have even enjoyed any of the newest game yet and you're talking about how much better the next sequel will be. Are you that desperate for the newest thing? Actually, the newestest thing considering. But really, we can not say for sure if there will be another one or not. Everything depends on Nintendo's history in the next years. If they have new concepts and a further expanded history, then we might see it. But it won't be here for a long time if Nintendo dwells on their classics for too long. If they were to make another game after Brawl, it can't be Brawl 2.0 O.o'.

Zek

Smash Ace
I can see this being Sakurai's last SSB game. That depends entirely on how long he feels like working on the same franchise, but I remember him being hesitant to start Brawl in the first place so I don't think it'll happen again. As for the series itself, there's no way Nintendo will just put it down after all this. Since Melee, Smash has pretty much become their biggest home console franchise. You can count on there being another Smash release next gen. Hopefully it's handled by someone well-qualified to maintain the series' appeal.

It's easy to think of Brawl as the perfect game now in the middle of all the hype, but 5-6 years from now it'll all seem old hat and I'm sure we'll be able to think of a dozen ways that a sequel can improve on it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Chances are, they will make a portable version before retiring smash =)

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Off topic: Whoever thought of Brawl being on PS3 in the first place should be thrown into a lake until he loses consciousness take him out of the lake and wake him up and throw him off a cliff. Then fall through a bridge and on spiky rocks... And should live to suffer telling the tale to whoever asks. Ok. My violent rant is done. Back to the topic.
You mean something a bit like these? (ResiEvil4 death scenes, a bit gorey, so watch it if you are not into that kind of stuff).

I think this is Sakurai's last SSB, but won't be the last in the series. And I doubt that SSB will decline in quality. At least break even if a new game comes out.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
You mean something a bit like these? (ResiEvil4 death scenes, a bit gorey, so watch it if you are not into that kind of stuff).

I think this is Sakurai's last SSB, but won't be the last in the series. And I doubt that SSB will decline in quality. At least break even if a new game comes out.
Err... I'll just ignore that vid thank you.

Anyways, I think that if there is a Smash after this then it'll never be better unless Sakurai works on it. If there's a sequel without him it'll feel pretty much like the same game but with more characters. Which I don't mind actually.

MasterFeint

Smash Cadet
Depends on what happens. From what I've heard (sorry, no sources), Nintendo has already started working on their next next-gen console (as have Sony and MS). If I had to guess, the system will be the Wii with more power and a hard drive to finally compete with the Comp/Console crossovers we have now and still be fun for casual gamers.

If that happens, we'll probably get one more Smash Bros. title with everything Brawl has and obviously whatever it (maybe) misses. If Nintendo is smart, even if it is a little less creative, they'll start doing update packs for the game every 3 months or so. I think we'd be content for a very very long while with that situation.

I believe something like this might happen simply because consoles can't get too much better. Graphics and memory are the 2 most important things (technologically) for a console to have. Graphics can't get much better, and with the advent of console hard drives, expandable memory, and things like that, we may never need a new console.

Maybe it is just me, but I would be very happy to speculate every 3 months over what new character they've finally added instead of waiting around for 6 years, wondering IF we are getting online play.

My 2 sense.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
It would be a bit curious for Nintendo to just end the Smash Brothers series now as it's pretty successful and famous.. if these updates are any indication though, the series would sure go out with a bang if this was the last one. I mean, you have the stage editor, a real adventure mode and some actual internet multiplayer, and countless other features!

I hope all this 'last' talk just translates to it being the last Smash game Sakurai is working on... I'm sure there are other people who can make the series good as well. Who knows, Sakurai could just be like his buddy Hideo with his MGS4 and just go and do the 4th game anyway.

Rash

Smash Ace
Could be, though I find a handheld Smash Brothers game to be entirely possible as the final iteration.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
If Brawl sells well, and Nintendo makes another console, you can bet there'll be another SSB game. Perhaps not one as epic as Brawl, but they won't chuck the series in as long as its profitable.

Top Bottom