• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone think mainstream music is bad...

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I listen to both Mainstream and Underground.
I believe their is a lot of bashing of mainstream and underground-eliteness because when turning on the radio/television an individual is forced to listen to what is currently playing where as for underground music, an individual has the ability seek out their own preferences and pick and choose what they want. Their is much more variety when searching for underground music. 'Underground music' that is enjoyed deviates from person to person so naturally it would be seen as 'better' than mainstream. Just my two cents =).

Now days its emo...
Can we have examples of these mainstream 'emo' bands?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
did anyone else here hear the anti drug commical that says only drugys listen to indie rock?

If i can find it i will post it

I found a quote from it if i can find a link to it i will post it

FEMALE VOICE: (Computer voice) Being popular was all I could think about last year. I wanted to, like, be cool with everybody. I listened to music that I didn't like and laughed at stuff that wasn't funny. I programmed myself to be a totally different person to everyone.

Computer voice starts to change into a real human voice.

FEMALE VOICE: But I wasn't myself. Now I'm not pretending to like indie rock or anything like that. And people think that's cool.

MALE VOICE: Live above the influence. Above weed. Check out abovetheinfluence.com. Sponsored by the ONDCP and the Partnership For A Drug-FreeAmerica.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
i dont but at the same time you see people doing a really stupid dance and repeating horrible rhymes with nothing to say other than how shiny his wheels are, the women, the money but it sounds so...so...childish. and its the same subject matter over and over on the radio. i dont feel "superior"just more open minded because you show these people something different and they crap all over it. they're not even willing to give it a chance because it does not sound familiar. im very open i listen to anything once and see if i actually like it....i buy japanese music because it sounds good and i dont even speak japanese!! im all about music and very open to new music but most people aren't and most are the same people who just listen to top 40
I find Japanese music to be creatively superior to American mainstream stuff. Bands like AJIKAN, Versailles, Dir en grey, move, and Orange Range all sound like their music is stuff they created to be the best possible music they could produce, not just to sell more albums.

Top Bottom