• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone that uses B-stick?

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Haven't tried it yet, because it may feel akward. But it someone can tell me why I should, I'll give it a try. Is it good for Olimar-users, btw?

RandomFatties

Smash Rookie
Could someone explain me how to put settings to B-stick?
From main menu go to:
Options -> Controls -> Your ID -> Gamecube Controller

Then select the C-Stick control and replace Attack with Specials

It could become interresting for anyone thrying to manage their Pikmin colors easier and would go trigger-happy on tossing. I guess it might be fun for playing a more defensive Olimar though i'll stick to smash C for now...

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
I tried B-sticking specials onto the C-stick.

I rarely even touch the C-stick, whether it`s for specials or not.
Additionally, B-sticking on the ground it quite tricky. You could end up jumping, instead.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have my c-stick on regular attack for a couple reasons. His tilts, in my opinion, are very situational and it requires me to instantly decide when to use them.(for quickness) Plus, with the c-stick on attack, u can use his neutral-a by tilting the c-stick diagonally. It is much easier to fast fall AND use a nair at the same time! I find this very helpful when approaching as well as edge-guarding.

When using the c-stick can u?... idk what it's called so i'll describe it.

Zelda, for example, can jump in a direction diagonally and, using the c-stick (set on specials ONLY) tilt the c-stick the opposite direction from which u jumped. Zelda will use den's fire and drift opposite way from the direction which she used den's. (midair!)

I'm not sure if this works w/ olimar, but if it does, u could throw pikmen and fall away from your opponent at the same time, farther than u would normally land. That's the only advantage the c-stick set-up on specials could present to me.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Yes it is wavebouncing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g

*Zero9teen*

Wavebouncing/B-sticking - a new technique that has just recently been discovered - revolves primarily around using the C-stick as an alternative means to execute special attacks.

With the use of the C-stick in special ways, particularly interrupting an advancing jump, you can disrupt the momentum of the character, thus resulting in a "bounceback." This bounce is an interesting new defensive technique that can be applied to certain characters extremely well (Lucas, Marth, Zelda, Lucario), and others not so well.

This is just the tip of the iceburg, though. Wavebouncing and it's lead-ins carry with it many other interesting effects such as alternative jumps, easy directional precision, and much more.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It honestly is not that important for Olimar due to the little lag of his specials. Having them assigned on the c-stick for easy access to them is essential and far more important to have then B-sticking, as the benefits from having B-sticking are small and not really worth sacrificing your c-stick.

Hope that helps.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
I really don't like B-Sticking with Olimar. His B-moves don't really need extra help from with C-Stick, and I completely ignore some smashes and aerials if I can't use the C-Stick for them. Dunno if it's any more helpful for whistle armor, but there are other characters who need B-Sticking more.

Top Bottom