• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Not going to the Midnight Release?

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Let Me tell you a parable(God Forgive me if i don't have a right to tell them). IN a village, there was a man Full of knowledge and foolishness. he was so knowledgable, that the villagers perceived him as a god-like figure. Now, of course The man new that what the villagers were saying was false, for he wasn't a god, but because of his foolishness, he accepted the fame because he liked it. Now, an Angel of the Lord Came down, fully disguised as a villager. He went to the Foolish Man and asked him this. "So you are a god?" THe foolish man replied, not knowing he was an angel of the Lord, "of course, i'm a god, don't you see my almighty knowledge? I am POWERFUL AMongst these people!" The Angel Replied "FOOL!! your blaspheme against God shall not go unjust!! Tonight, you shall SURELY DIE!!!" But the man replied "FORGIVE MY SINS, God, I did not know it was you! It was very Foolish of Me to blaspheme against you, I am a loley sinnner, far from a god, because of my foolishness, i will surely die!" - Just like the man in this parable realized it was foolish to die for a lie he knew it was, All but 1 Apostle Died For their Beliefs in God! NOONE WOULD DIE FOR A LIE!!

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo's not releasing on Sunday to screw with the religious. They're doing it to get the game out. And you can play Brawl without breaking the sabbath. Sunday is the day of rest and leisure. Sunday is your guaranteed day off. God told you not to work on sundays, not to not play. Go to church, be a little holier than usual, but sunday isn't live-at-church day. Sunday's "rest day".

Let Me tell you a parable...
I never understood these things. I always flipped to the next page, trying to find where Jesus says "Alright, I'll make it simple..."

That doesn't Work, Your Views are VERY WRONG!!!...
He was being sarcastic...
Also, if you're so gung-ho on capitalizations, don't capitalize every other word. That, Work, Your and Views != God.

wow a little judgmental their bub what happened to that whole treat others as you would like to be treated thing
I don't think he's an atheist. I think he's like me. He believes in God, but isn't a religious nut.

What if *gasp* some people aren't Christians?
Because he was definitely talking to you...

wow a little judgmental their bub what happened to that whole treat others as you would like to be treated thing
That's not judging.
is judging. I respect Atheists (I used to be one, my parents are atheists, my brother is an atheist...) but you're giving them a bad name.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why in the world are we debating religion? /debate

I won't be playing in it tonight... because it was snowed out. Safe to say I'm pissed, but I'll just get the game tomorrow at 9am. I think the tournament will still be on at 2pm, so I may come back to play.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I'm Catholic Christian here and I intended to go. But alas, I cannot go. I have the flu. Of all the times to get sick eh?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Let Me tell you a parable(God Forgive me if i don't have a right to tell them). IN a village, there was a man Full of knowledge and foolishness. he was so knowledgable, that the villagers perceived him as a god-like figure. Now, of course The man new that what the villagers were saying was false, for he wasn't a god, but because of his foolishness, he accepted the fame because he liked it. Now, an Angel of the Lord Came down, fully disguised as a villager. He went to the Foolish Man and asked him this. "So you are a god?" THe foolish man replied, not knowing he was an angel of the Lord, "of course, i'm a god, don't you see my almighty knowledge? I am POWERFUL AMongst these people!" The Angel Replied "FOOL!! your blaspheme against God shall not go unjust!! Tonight, you shall SURELY DIE!!!" But the man replied "FORGIVE MY SINS, God, I did not know it was you! It was very Foolish of Me to blaspheme against you, I am a loley sinnner, far from a god, because of my foolishness, i will surely die!" - Just like the man in this parable realized it was foolish to die for a lie he knew it was, All but 1 Apostle Died For their Beliefs in God! NOONE WOULD DIE FOR A LIE!!
God (If he existed) would be facepalming you this very minute.

Seriously, can you be anymore of a typical ignorant, American, Christian *** wipe? I think not.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
God (If he existed) would be facepalming you this very minute.

Seriously, can you be anymore of a typical ignorant, American, Christian *** wipe? I think not.
I'm just pointing out, If God never Existed, then the apostles(whom did exist) They wouldn't have BEEN Christian Martyrs!!! Because of Human NAture, we are all afraid to DIE!!! EVEN ME!!! and how rediculous is it to die for a lie you KNOW is a lie!! You wouldn't want to stand by this lie forever?

Edit- Even now i have evil thoughts, and i ask for forgiveness. God does forgive. even if you continue your evil ways, if you believe Jesus died for your sins, and realize that you are a sinner(no more, no less) and ask Jesus to come into your heart, He will Forgive You!!

homsar

Smash Ace
If theres one thing I hate as much as racist *******s its people trying to force religion down others throats.

Seriously, you have no proof that god exists, just like us atheists have none that he doesn't exist. All we have is our beliefs. I don't mind if you continue to believe, thats a personal thing, but don't bring your religion onto others that don't want it.

What gives you the right to dictate your religious views to others? Nothing.Not even a supreme being gives you that right. And heres why: If by chance a supreme being does exist he/she/it has given us the freedom of choice in our beliefs. If this was granted to us by a supreme being then you have no right to try and counter that privilege as that would be 'playing god' when you think you know whats best. If a supreme being does exist and you try to make us believe then you yourself are attempting to change the freedoms we were gifted with. And that would be wrong in 'Gods' eye.

So please, all of you shut up about religion. Its a personal thing that does not need to be discussed here as no one here has the right to dictate anything to one another.

smash64

Smash Champion
We got hit by a ****ing blizzard today--of all days! So now not only have all of the local stores closed, but they will not reopen for a midnight release. Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning.

:(
i know and it sucks so does any one know when the tournament will be again? ps : any one from the Ohio area..

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
im not going cause i pre-ordered at fye and they open 11:00AM tommarow. it sucks and i preordered so early. i called to see if they could give it to me today lol. they said no because they can face charges... i h8 fye

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
If theres one thing I hate as much as racist *******s its people trying to force religion down others throats.

Seriously, you have no proof that god exists, just like us atheists have none that he doesn't exist. All we have is our beliefs. I don't mind if you continue to believe, thats a personal thing, but don't bring your religion onto others that don't want it.

What gives you the right to dictate your religious views to others? Nothing.Not even a supreme being gives you that right. And heres why: If by chance a supreme being does exist he/she/it has given us the freedom of choice in our beliefs. If this was granted to us by a supreme being then you have no right to try and counter that privilege as that would be 'playing god' when you think you know whats best. If a supreme being does exist and you try to make us believe then you yourself are attempting to change the freedoms we were gifted with. And that would be wrong in 'Gods' eye.

So please, all of you shut up about religion. Its a personal thing that does not need to be discussed here as no one here has the right to dictate anything to one another.
It's Guys like you that i dislike the most! WE DO HAVE proof, if you want, read my story. Oh, if you are a guy who believes in the big bang theory: Where did all the Gas come from to make the explosion? i mean, just like God "Isn't Forever" the gas had to have come somewhere. your sick and twisted.

rove

Smash Apprentice
I got my copy, played it, and am happy, not to rub it in or nothing.
I just found this thread and it just looked interesting so I looked more into it

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Actually if you had proof that god exists then everyone would believe in him. Therefore they'd be no free will which infact goes against christian teachings that people can choose whether to believe in god.

This is why religion is not a valid idea to base ones opinions off.

And isn't it weird that angels don't come down and smite people these days, maybe there to busy with all the admin.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
I wasn't able to go to the midnight release because I had to help with the yearly inventory at my store, worked from 6pm to 3am. Worst day of the year they could have done this, not only because of the brawl release/tournament, but daylight savings causing a lost hour when I wasn't going to get that much sleep to begin with. At least the Gamestop at the mall where I have it reserved is holding a tournament today at noon, even if it's an unofficial one.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
You want proof? i'll give you proof!

Have you ever noticed, how all holidays (Except April Fools) were set up by christians? Christmas-Christ's Birth, Easter-Christ's Death, Valentines day-St. Valentines day Massacre, St. Patricks-St Patrick,ect...?

Have you ever noticed, how when bad things happen, good things happen for the better? Ex: my grandparents were gone around the time smash was supposed to be released in Feb. i wouldn't have gotten it in along time.

Have you noticed, that the jews (who DID exist) came to the promised land, under God's Leadership through moses? did you ever notice how Islam has certain(Not many) likeness like christianity?

Have you noticed that Jesus(WHO DID EXIST) Performed MANY Miracles, including resurecting several people who were Certainly dead. Have you ever noticed how, ALL BUT ONE Apostle Were Martyred? NO ONE WOULD DIE FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESN't EXIST!!! IT's HUMAN NATURE. Have you noticed it's Sunday, God's day of rest, And I DON"T HAVE BRAWL!!! IT IS GOD's WILL!!!! HE HAS SEEN IF HIS FOLLOWERS WOULD GET A GAME AND DEFILE THE SABBATH!!!

Jellybelly

Smash Ace

Have you ever noticed, how all holidays (Except April Fools) were set up by christians? Christmas-Christ's Birth, Easter-Christ's Death, Valentines day-St. Valentines day Massacre, St. Patricks-St Patrick,ect...?

Have you ever noticed, how when bad things happen, good things happen for the better? Ex: my grandparents were gone around the time smash was supposed to be released in Feb. i wouldn't have gotten it in along time.

Have you noticed, that the jews (who DID exist) came to the promised land, under God's Leadership through moses? did you ever notice how Islam has certain(Not many) likeness like christianity?

Have you noticed that Jesus(WHO DID EXIST) Performed MANY Miracles, including resurecting several people who were Certainly dead. Have you ever noticed how, ALL BUT ONE Apostle Were Martyred? NO ONE WOULD DIE FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESN't EXIST!!! IT's HUMAN NATURE. Have you noticed it's Sunday, God's day of rest, And I DON"T HAVE BRAWL!!! IT IS GOD's WILL!!!! HE HAS SEEN IF HIS FOLLOWERS WOULD GET A GAME AND DEFILE THE SABBATH!!!
Wow, I'm gonna file that under idiocy.

April fools is not a holiday, veterans day has nothing to do with religion and the fact that holidays are celebrated proves nothing about god at all.

Have you noticed how you wasn't there when any of these miracles happened and therefore have no actual proof of there existence.

I'm not even sure if you are religous actually. I'm suprised that someone with so much faith can be so mis-informed about there own religion.

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
J-man just give it up, you're ruining the thread for us. If some people don't believe they don't. Stop trying to convince people to believe into God. People have a right to speak their mind and think what they want. Just because not many people here are as devote to God as you are that doesn't make anyone "sick" or "twisted"

And if you call me sick just because I'm telling you this, you don't know anything because I'm always going to the graveyard to pray for my father who has passed away. Now please shut up or you'll become the most hated person in all SWF.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
J-man just give it up, you're ruining the thread for us. If some people don't believe they don't. Stop trying to convince people to believe into God. People have a right to speak their mind and think what they want. Just because not many people here are as devote to God as you are that doesn't make anyone "sick" or "twisted"

And if you call me sick just because I'm telling you this, you don't know anything because I'm always going to the graveyard to pray for my father who has passed away. Now please shut up or you'll become the most hated person in all SWF.
If i give up, it's a victory for satan. I'm giving them what they wanted, i'm fighting to defend my religion. But Never had i hoped when i said i was a christian and it was a problem for other people. I don't care wat you say that i should shut up, cause i won't.

Umm The Hobo

Smash Cadet
If i give up, it's a victory for satan. I'm giving them what they wanted, i'm fighting to defend my religion. But Never had i hoped when i said i was a christian and it was a problem for other people. I don't care wat you say that i should shut up, cause i won't.
Oh noes! Jihad on SWF!!!

FalconPunch

Smash Journeyman

ROFL!! OMG!!! So much fail so early in the morning.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
No my friend they were towards you. You give no evidence, only false logic and childish ignorance.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
It isn't false Logic, or ignorince at that matter! You are NOT my friend, now shut up and leave. I gave you all proof, told you guys Truthful stuff, and you stubbornly refuse to believe it. God>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSBB.
Your the one who is blinded and ignorant.

Fact: If God "Didnt Exist" i wouldn't be talking about this stuff in such a defensive manner, wouldn't I?

Top Bottom