• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone know the timing for Sheik's edge tech?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well does anyone know the timing for Sheiks edge tech.(Zeldas would be nice too)

Also is it letting go of L or R that triggers the tech?

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
Shiek players... edge tech... lmao...

But seriously though, just recover like u normally would and watch ur opponent. Let's assume there is a Marth waiting to do a f-smash. Just do ur ^B and hold down 'R'/'L' like u would with a space animal, then when u see the Marth do the f-smash, just do the smash DI and ur done (smash the joystick in the direction of the edge during the actual "hit stun" of the f-smash). Wall jump into a ^B ledge stall after that for maximum sexyness... and looks of disbelief...

Usually you have a good opportunity to edge tech after the second "boost" of ur ^B. The part when ur face is shoved against the ledge, but you have to wait for Shiek to grab the ledge, and at the same time u no longer have ur invinsibility frames (ie. u use the second "boost" of ur ^B to "run into" the ledge). So yeah... this paragraph was hard to explain...

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
its the same as everyone elses lol. U have to press block right b4 u get hit, but u also have to be next to the edge or u will have nothing to tech agaisnt. If u tap up after u tech, u will do a wall jump

Pikaville

Of course there is a point.Sheik is hard enough to kill already.Being able to edge tech really well would make her almost unstopable.Think of it ledge tech,wall jump,bair or ledge stall.

SEXY JA?!

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
the timing ( unless im mistaken) is 20 frames (one third of a second) before you hit the wall. you have a 20 frame time span to press R or L and you tech.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Of course there is a point.Sheik is hard enough to kill already.Being able to edge tech really well would make her almost unstopable.Think of it ledge tech,wall jump,bair or ledge stall.

SEXY JA?!
Alright yeah you're probably right. My question then would have to be..

What exactly do you mean by edge teching? Teching off the edge when you've been hit and are hurling toward your death? Cuz ha, that's hard s#!t.

Pikaville

Alright yeah you're probably right. My question then would have to be..

What exactly do you mean by edge teching? Teching off the edge when you've been hit and are hurling toward your death? Cuz ha, that's hard s#!t.
Yeah it's the one that Viperboy is really good at with Falco.

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
do you play any characters with linear up-b's (fox, cf, falco)? if you cna edgetech with those guys, it should be just about the same timing. But you'll probably only be able to edgetech w/ her if you do the edgetech by feeling, if you try to do it by looking at where youre character is, it'll be almost impossible.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
He means the cool trick I always use after I read it somewhere (on smashboards ofcourse) =D

If you are Ganon/Falcon/Fox/Falco this isn't really ahrd (imo)

You can in the middle of your 3rd jump (up B) press L/R and then you will automaticly ledge tech. It is much easier to do, cause the timing is always the same ^-^

though I don't think this will work very well for Sheik (it probably doesn't at all =/)
Just tech the "normal" way =)

Pikaville

It definitly works as ive done it before by accident but I just want to know how to time it exactly.I don't think Sheiks is as effective as Fox or Falcos one though but it couldn't hurt to know this advanced tech.It could come in handy in certain situations

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
techingn with sheik is slightly more idfficult due to here non linear jump...

just be sure after the tech to wall jump or grab the edge

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
yeah true..........dont wry about winning fior awhile.....yur gonna emss up adn end up airdodging to death

but in the logn run it'll pay off big time

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Pfft, ledge teching from sheiks up+b is easy as pie, im not sure about neutral jump but with up & B its easy as. i would make a video but no1 is at home to play the 2nd person, wait scratch that someone just came home so ill make a video for you guys.. your lucky!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
What in God's name are we talking about, here? Edge teching or wall jumping off the edge?

If edge teching, it's the same as any other character, as explained earlier. 20 frames before you get hit.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
thanks a lot man. seriously. another question. when fighting peach, if she is edgehogging and i get back on the stage right above her, they usually just get up and dsmash me back. i heard you can hold down or something to make the dsmash spin you towards the stage instead of out off the stage again, can you help me out?

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
No!! Never hold down b, they say that so you stay in her down smash for the full 70 damage, you can tech her down smash once in it, just hold R or L and hold left or right once ur in it, even if you dont tech it you will DI out slowly. After you ledge tech you can use up+b strait away to move to nearly the centre of the stage or you can up+b back on to the ledge (they wont see it comming) or attack them!

Top Bottom