• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone from North Dakota?

oddeven2002

Smash Rookie
I know we're the most backwater state in the midwest world, but that doesn't mean we're bad at them new fangled video operatin' machines them big hot shots is makin' in the south. :laugh: Seriously though, are there anyother smashers in ND? I live in Bismarck. So I'm really looking for people from that Mandan, Bismarck and Lincoln region. But anywhere in ND is fine, I just want to know if there is anyone from North Dakota on Smash Boards.

CrimsonSkunk

Smash Apprentice
Once school starts I'll be going to school in Moorhead MN (Moorhead is basicly the same as Fargo ND). We could possibly set something up, but that's quite a long time from now so *cough*.

shrodekill

Smash Cadet
hey guys, i go to NDSU in Fargo. I am more than willing to go over to moorhead (and bring a couple friends) to smash it up. i can give u my number or something if u want, let me know.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I would like to say that it's kinda amazing seeing three posts in a North Dakota thread within one week!

Also, if anyone's in the Minot area, you should totally send me a PM!

skraaah

Smash Cadet
Hey, I haven't been on these boards for quite a while, but I got curious as to what the Smash scene around here is like. I'm in Bismarck, if anyone around here is up for a game of Smash, send a message my way! I'm a pretty casual player, so don't expect a challenge of any sort...

dcubed

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I also attend NDSU and am home for the summer, but would enjoy meeting up when the school year starts to brawl it up. If we can get enough legit players, maybe have a decent tourney? I have a few friends that are pretty good, so keep in touch for fall.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Minot had a pretty good Smash scene for a while. We had some monthlies that got, like, 50+ people, and I think there is another tournament coming up in July (on the thirteenth, maybe).

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Well well....anyone still here? Because I want a ND smash tourney, held in Minot...I want to see if any of you can beat me! ego/10

I was born and Minot, and have moved around because of military, but I'm back in town until the 27th for vacation. I reside in NM now, and we've got some **** fine smashers, but I remember the large and fun tourneys here in Minot as well. SO....anyone willing to come to Minot/would be interested in a tourney sometime during that time? I want to test my skills vs a whole state, and maybe it'll get some lifeblood flowing back in the Smashscene. Anyone interested?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Confirmed: tournament in the Minot Public Library's basement on the thirteenth. Be there.

Edit: Tournament starts at noon, and it's free, if Blubba Pinecone's to believe.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I would offer to bring setups, but since Im visiting, i dont think Im at liberty to just grab a TV. however, i know about 5 people who will more than likely come...does the library have TVs? And what about Wiis?

What about advertising, or that jazz? A nice big tournout would be prime...money matches?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I would offer to bring setups, but since Im visiting, i dont think Im at liberty to just grab a TV. however, i know about 5 people who will more than likely come...does the library have TVs? And what about Wiis?

What about advertising, or that jazz? A nice big tournout would be prime...money matches?
Gamecrazy's always got at least two TVs, which seems to work pretty well, if you don't mind possibly waiting a while between matches. We've got the Wiis now, too, now that Brett's hacked his.

Don't worry about money matches, either. Just ask one of the good players, and not a little kid.

Also, the cool kids are showing up early, at, like, eleven-ish, so come early!

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Fun tourney! And everyone was so nice and hospitable (sp?). Jonah, I'll get the word out about Gamecrazy Fair, although it probably won't be until I get back to New Mexico for me to get ahold of the NVGA people and see what i can find out. Wish I got to play more ppl, but GGs all, especially you Bret.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Woah, how has this thread not had a post in, like, three months?

Oh well, for anyone who still bothers to check, we're having a Smashfest at Minot High, if anyone wants to come. If the turnout's good enough, I might be able to convince the local FBLA chapter to start up some doubles!

Edit: If you can make it, bringing some kind of setup wouldn't hurt, because I've only been able to scrounge up two Wiis and two smallish TVs.

Super important edit: Tournament got bumped back to the sixth. Don't show up tomorrow. <.<

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Greenthumb, I almost got to visit Fargo for Christmas. We could have played then.

I didn't though... :(

I'll get up there sometime though... Stay subscribed to this thread. I wanna test my skills vs ND (I do ok in the twin cities, MN area).

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I'm necroing such an old thread.

Anyone in ND still play? I'm stuck at UND without much competition :(

slm

Smash Rookie
Looking for Melee/64 players in the fargo area. I go to NDSU, anyone interested?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'd recommend going to the south dakota thread, there's a player who has posted on that thread from ND who plays melee and P:M that starts with an R, like Raykr or something. JMAN's thread.

Furphy

Smash Rookie
thatsthejoke.jpg

and for all the Fargo people, section 9 sometimes has brawl/melee tournaments, so maybe we can get something together.

:phone:
I've been to s9 a few times for some league tourneys and talked to the about it. They have the big laggy TVs and said it was a problem at past tourneys.

Also I'm from fargo/ndsu and play P:M if you want to play add my skype or pm your number

never played brawl

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I've been to s9 a few times for some league tourneys and talked to the about it. They have the big laggy TVs and said it was a problem at past tourneys.

Also I'm from fargo/ndsu and play P:M if you want to play add my skype or pm your number

never played brawl
I played some melee there with friends and the tvs didn't seem laggy. I haven't gotten my old wii with gamecube ports working, it's got a broken disc drive, but I'll pm you my number sometime.

Furphy

Smash Rookie
What kind of TV do you normally play on? When I played on their TV i felt the lag immediately. Like it was playable, just not instant like a CRT

Furphy

Smash Rookie
Well ok haha, I would totally go to any tourney they had featuring melee or p:m at section 9, i think we would have to pitch it to them because i don't think they've done it for awhile. they usually do the league tourneys now

cork

Smash Rookie
Aww man, Fargo ND project m? I'm quite terrible but I'm totally in.

slm

Smash Rookie
64 tourney at section 9? lolol. it would be only me...

any 64 players in fargo?????

cork

Smash Rookie
I'm certain anyone would here would play smash 64 given the opportunity.

I certainly would.

Top Bottom