• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else loving Link' improvements?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I know I am! I'm considering making him my alt/one of my alts. I love his new boomerang and the fact that he is a little more mobile! :)

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I like all his improvements except I hate his new boomerang so much, it removes the feel and utilization it had in Melee, maybe I am a purist when it comes to that. That's why I am primarily playing Melee now and almost never play PM and when I do I stay far away from Link.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear you hate 2.6 boomerang so much, it's pretty dang good if used properly.

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
My buddy is having issues with the 2.6b rang. Seems like if he angles it down it has the exact same trajectory as if it were angled up. (The reversion of the animation seems to have made some stuff odd, downward angle immediately bounces off the ground and going up like upward angle rang). Anyone else find this bug?

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I have that bug. Messes me up a lot when I think the boomerang would go off stage or off the platform but instead just bounces up.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Link is definitely a more solid character now with good versatility thanks to the 2.6 boomerang. I don't think he is top/high tier material though as while he well rounded, unfortunately this comes at the cost of no real overwhelming strengths against the majority of the cast. Currently he is very firmly in mid tier, which is comfortable and much better place than he was in 2.5. I have my own opinions on how he could be further improved but this isn't the thread for that.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I like Links changes, like how they change his Dash attack and Utilt animations to be like Melee, but theres one attack i would like to see with Melee animation and is his second attack of the Fsmash.
Current One:

Melee Animation:

In Melee it looks like he swings his sword with grace and matches better how upwards he sends his opponents.

Top Bottom