• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else having laggs while playing offline?

crackl1ng

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

does anybody also have laggs while fighting offline? I mean if the camera zooms out after you knock a chracter out of the stage, a heavily lagg usually occurs. Anyone else also having this issue?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yep. It's just a Nintendo thing. Connection is peer to peer rather than server run, so if anyone has a bad connection the whole game slows down as a result. Nintendo still doesn't know how to run internet connections.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yep. It's just a Nintendo thing. Connection is peer to peer rather than server run, so if anyone has a bad connection the whole game slows down as a result. Nintendo still doesn't know how to run internet connections.
To be fair, in a big multiplayer fighting game like this one, it kinda sucks to be the one guy whose input isn't working right. And by "it sucks", I mean "you become the punching bag everyone feeds on like a piñata". I've seen it happen quite frequently in Brawlhalla.

CruS

Smash Rookie
Isn’t TC talking about OFFLINE?

No I have not seen much lag offline.

CruS

Smash Rookie
Thats a convincing video. But does smash have counter attacking(beyond character specials)? And still, when damage gets too high would those combos even be possible, the match eventually becomes an edgegarding fest of gimping your opponent from landing. Hows that fair.

Edit: you think all characters in the game have the same combo potential as peach?
Exactly. Offline. Thanks for your reply.
FWIW, I’ve heard certain stages (fountain of dreams) has some framedrops but nothing crazy

Last edited:

StaticXY

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen lag. Using ICs in 8 player mode can cause frame drops, but nothing in normal 2-4 player gameplay. Digital Foundry did a study on it - it should be at a locked 60 FPS. Is your Switch cooling correctly? Can you show a video - it might be an intentional slowdown.

Top Bottom