• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anyone else hate the term "mindgames"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
unless im way off base here....my basic interpretation of mindgames, is that its just another word for any psychological aspect of the game. anyelse think that term is horrrribly overused and annoying?

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Because its alot easier to type mindgames than psychological aspect.Also psychological aspect is to general of a term considering what the word mindgames is used for.Its an important aspect to understand so you get better quicker so use the search function.

Yes you are out of line since your post didnt provide a proper alternative word to use.You also dont explain what you meant by horribly overused.

So heres a response before a mod closes your thread. :)

_myth_

Smash Cadet
i dunno i think its kind of stupid when your opponent accidently commits suicide off the edge (fox/falco's forwarb->B) when they meant to shine and you chime in with "mindgames!". Although it is a sarcastic remark, its a pretty stupid misrepresentation of the word. Sure there are variations on this example but they are usually used by scrubs try to be funny and it gets annoying.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You're playing games with somone's mind. Put it together and what do you get? Gamemind.

Wait, what?

audreyh

Smash Ace
I used to agree with you on the notion of the word.

until i looked up the definition; there are multiple definitions.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Metagame is a more annoying term imo.

Just the sound of it.
hahaha, dude i hate that word with a passion equal to only the most intense of fires. i dont think half the people that use it actually know what it means. anyways, "mindgames" is almost as annoying, i think we should all start using "mindfukking" instead. i am. think about it, it's much more fun to say, and in context it actually works. plus it could lead to a lot of funny banter, "ohhhh, no wayyyy. you just LHWShined into a pillar combo, you are superior in your mindfukking!!" or, "I can't even land a hit on this guy cuz he's fukking my mind so hard!!! why are you blocking my joy?!?!"

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
nope. i love the term mindgames. in fact, i think it should be used EVEN MORE!!! observe..

fastfall = mindgames descent
L-cancel= mindgames cancel
shorthop = advanced mindgames ascention
techskill = mindgames
tech 'as in off a wall' = mindgames
leggetech= edge mindgames
edgetech = ledge mindgames
edgeguard = hand related mindgames
mindgames = MINDGAMES SON!!!!
projectiles = extended mindgames
B button = special mindgames
A button = green button mindgames
jump = midair mindgames
shield = defensive mindgames
powerblock = MINDGAMES SON!!!
super smash bros melee = super smash buttons mindgames fight battle

observe, with this new clever language:

" i can Shorthop Fastfall L-cancel"
= i can advanced mindgames ascention mindgames descent mindgames cancel

"i can jump out of shield"
= i can midair mindgames out of defensive mindgames

"i will powerblock and B button move you in a trajectory so you cant ledgetech"
= i will MINDGAMES SON!!! and special mindgames move you in a trajectory so you cant edge mindgames

"my techs require advanced techskill"
= my mindgames require advanced mindgames

with this clever new dialogue, even the n00best of n00b and scrubbiest of scrubs will sound like a mother effing genius when it comes to playing the game of 'super smash buttons mindgames fight battle'!!!

MINDGAMES SON!!!!

in fact i think im going to make this its own thread cuz its the most ingenious thing ive ever did said.

nope. i love the term mindgames. in fact, i think it should be used EVEN MORE!!! observe..

techskill = mindgames
jump = midair mindgames

= i will MINDGAMES SON!!! and special mindgames move you in a trajectory so you cant edge mindgames

with this clever new dialogue, even the n00best of n00b and scrubbiest of scrubs will sound like a mother effing genius when it comes to playing the game of 'super smash buttons mindgames fight battle'!!!

MINDGAMES SON!!!!

in fact i think im going to make this its own thread cuz its the most ingenious thing ive ever did said.

MINDGAMES SON!!!!!

;D

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o

techskill = mindgames
jump = midair mindgames

MINDGAMES SON!!!!

You forgot some, let me help

Dashdancing
Fox trotting (lol)
Wave dash tricks? (running up to opponent, wavedash back, opponent attacks and misses, you smash atk!)

Giggidax

Smash Ace
LOL crazymad that was so funnnyy btw yes mindgames does get annoying after awhile but thats all the more reason to use it. it can frustrate ur opponent if u say it enuff times in a battle ex: "omfg my mindgames are insane and thats wat made u die" "nice mindgames"(wtf?)

i like to say this kinda stuff to my friends. its funny on my behalf and theyre just like "wtf is mindgames stfu"

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
unless im way off base here....my basic interpretation of mindgames, is that its just another word for any psychological aspect of the game. anyelse think that term is horrrribly overused and annoying?
where were you for the mindgames don't exist thread that thing went on forever and might still be going on and they talked about all the mindgames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom