• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else gone Back to Brawl since 3DS Release?

D

Deleted member

I haven't played Brawl since Smash 4's release, but I may at some point in the near future. If only to be able to play mod Shulk again Every Smash game has something to offer, so there really is no reason to just stop playing one.

daidBLC

Smash Rookie
NNID
qwertyspider1
I personally haven't gone back to Brawl since Smash 3DS. I really like the game because of it portability, no tripping, and characters. It doesn't top Smash Wii U but it does top Brawl.

pokemario

Smash Cadet
NNID
pokemario24
3DS FC
3067-5423-1066
I like Brawl for various reasons, I like Sm4sh for various.

I still play Melee, Brawl, 3DS, and Wii U.

Am I the only one who thought the 3DS controls are amazing? I have no problems with it. :yeahboi:

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
People seriously need to get over Melee at this point. We get it, it's fast. It's also over a decade old and RIDDLED with bugs and exploits. It's like the people who refuse to put down CS 1.6. We've progressed past it. I know people are reluctant to change but damn.

Dr.Dru

Smash Rookie
People seriously need to get over Melee at this point. We get it, it's fast. It's also over a decade old and RIDDLED with bugs and exploits. It's like the people who refuse to put down CS 1.6. We've progressed past it. I know people are reluctant to change but damn.
I see how you feel but you need to understand that melee and smash 4 are two radically different games. Just because melee is old doesn't mean people need to "move on" and the "bugs and exploits" were what gave it it's unique gameplay. I also wouldn't say brawl and smash 4 progressed past it, rather they have branched off and changed their goal to being as accessible as possible while retaining the fundamentals of the fighting game genre. This shift in gameplay and direction offers nothing to people who liked melee for its fast and technical gameplay, so they stuck with melee.

Anyway, I sometimes go back to brawl for SSE which was pretty good in my opinion. The cutscenes gave it so much charm, and I loved the beatemup gameplay. Also, R.I.P. Ivysaur and Squirtle.

sirkaliber

Smash Rookie
I think this is the first game ever made where the majority isn't crying over the nostalgia of the previous games.... long live smash 4

We have noticed that some players are not as good with their mains in the new version as compared to Brawl/PM but no one really ditching 3DS/WiiU. Still a good turn-out for PM though.

Top Bottom