• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Else Glad that....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Olimar made the cut, and the people he was competeing with for a while it seems (Krystal, Ridley, Geno) did not.
I just think were very lucky that Olimar got in, and was not put down like those popular choices.

Does anyone else feel this way?

IllidR

Smash Champion
Olimar made the cut, and the people he was competeing with for a while it seems (Krystal, Ridley, Geno) did not.
I just think were very lucky that Olimar got in, and was not put down like those popular choices.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Olimar had a waaay better chance than any of that characters ever did. He had way too many bonuses going for him to not put him in including popularity, I'd list them but it's too big of a list.

But yes, I believe I am VERY happy Olimar got in as I was hoping for him since the beginning.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
He is, after all, one of the very few original Nintendo creations in a long while. Plus, I find that this time around Smash is all about the Gamecube days (melee being about the N64 days).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Olimar had a waaay better chance than any of that characters ever did. He had way too many bonuses going for him to not put him in including popularity, I'd list them but it's too big of a list.

But yes, I believe I am VERY happy Olimar got in as I was hoping for him since the beginning.
Agreed. Im just merely saying most people assumed they were shoe-ins like Olimar was, and has just as much of a chance as he did. And he made it and they did not. I dont even know what I'd do if he was one of those left in the dust..then again, I dont even have to think about that. Hes in! Yay!

ZelgadisA027123

Smash Cadet
I'm excited about any character that brings different and creative gameplay to the table. Unique characters are either terrible (tier-wise) or amazing, and both are fun to play in their own rights. Seeing how P&O plays in early gameplay footage, I'm erring on the latter side, but we'll see how that changes with high-level play.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Of course I´m happy that Olimar is in! He´s got unique fighting style and he stands out from the public. Characters like him make SSB series what it is: Battle Fest with many different fighters and very different fighting styles all in one place. The more the different characters are separated from each other, the better.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy P&O got in, but I'd like to see the other characters as well. As for who SHOULD have made the cut, I'll be honest and neutral here and say that I'm happy with P&O, but I would have to see the others' movesets and how they performed in the game before saying 'this one should have gotten in over this one'. I like P&O and his complexities, but should the others have gotten in and had some movesets I'd prefer, then I'd pick one of them instead, but so far I like P&O alot. I personally was rooting for Ridley and/or a buffed Mewtwo, never did I expect the Pikmin franchise to come back though. Which only means Pikmin 3 for the Wii, woot! (Not that I've ever really played the Pikmin games, but I wanted to.)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I was thrilled, and decided to make him a main right there (just like Diddy)

I hate how they are both really good though, everyone is gonna use them based on that, just like everyone uses Marth just because he's good (you can't tell me THAT many people like Marth as a character, lol)

Florida

イーグランツ
Ever since I noticed the original support thread, I just knew he would make the cut. His confirmation wasn't a surprise, but a relief.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Ever since I noticed the original support thread, I just knew he would make the cut. His confirmation wasn't a surprise, but a relief.
To me it was a pretty big relief! We were getting unique and cool characters up to Olimar's confirmation, but the only one that I actually was requesting was Sonic. I was waiting for Olimar for a loooooong time.

Funny story. My internet was actually down the day that my favorite character was confirmed. Anyways, Olimar was more deserving of a spot than Geno . And Geno, he was a joke. Come on, who thought of bringing back some random sidekick from the past. Krystal and Ridley were pretty deserving, but definitely not as much as Olimar.

legendganon

Smash Cadet
I was happy that he made it but Krystal and Ridely would have provided more distinct varrieties of characters in Brawl but still Im happy that Pikmin and Omar made it. I know that Ridleys a boss but he would have been way cooler as a playable character.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion

wait wha :confused:

have you SEEN the preferred char list? o.O

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
wait wha :confused:

have you SEEN the preferred char list? o.O
It didnt really have to do with the preferred character list. That actually didnt play a big part in character selection at all, if any (exception being with Sonic)

Olimar was the main character of an original and extremely popular series created by "Mr. Nintendo" who created Mario + Link.

He also, had much more "originality" possible in his character design than any of the other choices, being that he is COMPLETELY unique to all others.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention... Oli is just plain awesome.

Soon we will see him plucking ganondorfs from the ground and tossing them to latch on to people with wizard punches.

I can smell it in my bones.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I've always said that Olimar was one of the most deserving newcomers. You could maybe argue that Diddy Kong Wario are SLIGHTLY more deserving (given how long they've been around) but noone else comes close. He represents one of the greatest videogame franchises of all time, he has an extremely cool personality befitting a Nintendo icon and his Pikmin moveset is unparalleled in its uniqueness sheer unadulterated awesome.

Although I never doubted that he would make it, when he was finally confirmed I was estatic.

Chains

Smash Apprentice
I've always said that Olimar was one of the most deserving newcomers. You could maybe argue that Diddy Kong Wario are SLIGHTLY more deserving (given how long they've been around) but noone else comes close. He represents one of the greatest videogame franchises of all time, he has an extremely cool personality befitting a Nintendo icon and his Pikmin moveset is unparalleled in its uniqueness sheer unadulterated awesome.

Although I never doubted that he would make it, when he was finally confirmed I was estatic.
I agree.
Arguably, Olimar & the Pikmen are some of the most original characters in Nintendo HISTORY.
In a short note, Olimar is effing awesome and is my definite main

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I was so happy Pikmin and Olimar made it. They without a doubt the most original characters in Nintendo history and deserve a spot.

I was screaming in joy when i looked on the dojo that day...

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I hated Pikmin for the longest time even when he was announced. I was still happy he made it because he looked very unique.

Anyways I was playing Melee with my friend a few days after that and he asked me about Brawl since he doesn't follow it and I told him how the guy from Pikmin was in and then was like "Pikmin is awesome. Do you still have the game?" and I said "yeah but it sucks big time" okay he eventually convinced me to get it out and we took turns playing and man it was FUN. We beat the entire game and I'm getting Pikmin 2 soon.

So I'm happy he made it in instead of them because I really like Pikmin and I don't like Mario RPG or Metroid and I think Krystal is just stupid. Besides ridley is TOOO BIG.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

Slightly?!?!?!?!??!

HE IS WARIO. FREAKING WARIO.

WARIO WARIO WARIO WARIO WARIO WARIO WARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should have been in since the beginging! He's one of the most recognizable video game characters.

Top Bottom