• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else bothered by Lucas' grab?

W.Jr

Smash Lord
Yo the snake was looking sick, but i think they are trying to make Lucas different from ness, also the grab maybe somewhat slow or not as good as ness, though we really don't know how good the grab is between both of them until we play the game.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm actually quite excited for Lucas' Rope Snake. It's a great homage to MOTHER 3 itself, and I think it's just a neat grab. It will certainly help offset the awkwardness of recovering with PK Thunder.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
It completely helps, there's nothing bad about at first glance unless you expect Lucas to be Ness, which he isn't. Hoorah for the rope snake

Levitas

the moon
meh. Any disadvantage of a ranged grab will be offset by a huge boost to edgeguarding.

Think about it, especially if DJC is out, lucas can ledge drop, double jump, bair meteor on the way up, and tether recovery to edgehog. that's better than marth's stuff in melee with ledgedropped side-b off the edge on spacies.

And it supplements recovery. All we need now is kumatora to be playable, that would be sweet.

Noa.

Smash Master
It seems that they did improve the grab. Though, if Ness was in, (although very unlickely), would he get his pshycic grab, or snake one. Probably the Pshycic, with more range.
Though Lucas's new grab is certainly an improvement above melee Ness.

Top Bottom