• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone dissapointed by Sonic's moveset?

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Um.... What was his moveset supposed to be?
He curls up into a ball and launches himself at things.
Therefore, his moves make him curl into a ball and launch into things.

MarkSmashMan

Smash Rookie
the one thing that bothers me about his side b and down b is that when you use side b, you jump in the air, then you get back on the ground and still hit characters on the ground which gets rid of the need for down b. Unless his down b can make more damage than side b that is.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, I wish his down+B would do the bounce when he was in the air. Right now it does some random kick? I don't get why they'd choose to give him a generic "I am falling with my leg sticking out" move over the bounce which clearly would make sense. That was like the main thing I enjoyed in the 3D Sonic game...
Boingyboingyboingyboingyboingy.

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
I am quite fine with his move set, the homing could maybe be a bit buffed in speed, power or accuracy but otherwhise it's nice. Side B is basically what you use if someone is in the air and not above you, or if you have someone in front of you and they are solo and more focused on you. Also to recover vertically.

Down B is good for thoose platforms where people eventually have to land or are about to land, charge it up and let loose when they land. Also seems it is one of thoose dashes that will rip through a crowd. Probably easier to dodge for enemies if they have attention on you

Homing seems useful the times an opponent is above you, and maybe for the odd recovery but seems risky. Potentially dodge uses when someone is about to hit as I heard it's supposed to stop you in midair shortly.

While they are all some kind of spinning attack and not maybe so varied in looks, it also means the opponent will have a bit of a problem knowing what you using. But I'll reserve final judgement for the release of the game.

MarkSmashMan

Smash Rookie
for side b, when you jump in air and then land on ground before jumping back in air, can you attack them while on ground like his down b?

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
side b and down b are basically the same move except down b cannot go off the ground. There could also be a difference in speed/damage which I have not noticed yet.

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Honestly in Meelee Shiek was my main. And I dont ever recall using her her --> b. Hers was completley useless whilst Sonic's actually has some use for mindgames. My only gripe is that his homming attack should be much faster.

Skeet11

Smash Cadet
I think Sonic's light dash should be his side be too, I always pictured it would be similar to Fox' side b. But I can't say I'm not disappointed as I haven't played the game, so we'll have to wait and see.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
it seems that all sonic does in the videos is zoom around the stage rolled up in a ball. it was absolutely imperative that his spindash was included, and they got the spring jump right as well (although im worried about its lack of horizontal momentum). they could have done better with his other two special moves though

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
when you spring jump you go extra high and also it is possible to spindash (side b) in midair to increase horizontal momentum.

EDIT: HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT.

Top Bottom