• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone considering not buying the game anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Let me start the topic by saying I'm not trolling.

It's just that the roster has been a disaster for me, if the leak is to be believed.
- No Chrom
- No Ghirahim
- No Takamaru
- No Saki Amamiya

- No Ridley
- No K. Rool
- No Mewtwo

- LUCAS, MY MAIN, IS CUT!

I feel like Sakurai has been making a steady stream of mistakes. Mega Man and Shulk are cool, but they aren't enough for me to want to buy a Wii U for. Especially considering Project M will have better gameplay. Really, all Smash 4 had going for it was its roster and graphics. Why should I get it if it cuts my main, and doesn't add any of the characters I wanted?

Sorry for the negative vibe, but Ghirahim was deconfirmed tonight. Just when I got over my heartbreak of Chrom...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'd say hold out of the official roster after the Japanese release. Best case scenario we might even get some DLC after the two versions get released.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well......CAN 'T YOU SEE HOW GOOD THIS GAME IS?! Please man just because some characters you want is not in Smash Bros and then you don't buy it for the rest of your life, what kind od logic is that?

But please, Lucas, Mewtwo, King K Rool still has some chance, just wait, don't say it that soon.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Determining your buying the game by way of a leak?

It has not been confirmed that Lucas is cut. Nor are any of the villains you listed out completely. Shulk has not been confirmed either.

If anything, you are completely jumping to conclusions here. Again, I would like to re-utter: a leak should not be the decisive factor for whether or not you purchase the game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nah, considering my mains are shoe-ins I'll at the very least be able to enjoy it as much as previous installments, that's enough for me. Sounds like you have had an incredibly unlucky streak though.

Btw, the leak is hardly definitive, even if it's the real deal it's possibly not everything.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
There is no evidence against the leak so far though, as much as I want to not believe it. :\
There's actually a lot of evidence against the leak, just nothing that disproves it... So that said, this leak is no different to any other leak.

Anyway, Sakurai would have to do something REALLY STUPID to make me not buy the game. Like put tripping back in and add in air tripping on top of it. I care more about the way the game plays so having characters I want not be included isn't enough reason for me to change my mind on buying it Lol I can talk Robin and Megaman are in the game so I'm already spoiled

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I can't say I'll be disappointed if Geno doesn't show up.

There are characters I would like to play as, but I try to keep a realistic look at things. I'll buy the game no matter what.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Haaa, if you aren't buying the game over a few characters getting it, then I doubt that you were that interested in the game to begin with.
Also, just because you aren't interested in the characters that got in, it doesn't mean Sakurai is making mistakes.
You're making an impossible claim to prove or measure. Just because my criteria for purchase is different from yours, doesn't mean I wasn't interested. I followed the game's pre-release every day when it was announced up until now. Don't tell me I wasn't "that interested." I was not only interested, but I was invested, and Sakurai has been letting me down.

Can I prove objectively that Sakurai making mistakes? No, of course not. That is only my opinion. You don't have to share it. I never said you had to. But don't make assumptions about my feelings.

SPAddict

Smash Rookie
Sorry dude, but to see a lot of people on here wanting to not purchase the game because they are upset over the leak (whether its real or not) is crazy.

Its a new Smash Bros. People should be happy that we get a new version. Its not like we get annual revisions of the game like other franchises. While you can be annoyed that someone didnt make the cut and for someone to make it can take years (e.g. little mac), to consider not buying the game is in my view a little extreme. Just my thought, not having an outright go at you. Id still wait to see what the roster is at the very least.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
You're making an impossible claim to prove or measure. Just because my criteria for purchase is different from yours, doesn't mean I wasn't interested. I followed the game's pre-release every day when it was announced up until now. Don't tell me I wasn't "that interested." I was not only interested, but I was invested, and Sakurai has been letting me down.
Fair enough, I find it odd that a few characters getting in over a few others would make you suddenly loose all interest in the game, but if it is that big of a deal to you, then you don't need to get the game.
Still, I think you are over reacting, the "Leak" hasn't been confirmed, and instead of thinking why didn't some characters get in, try looking at the ones that we have gotten and try to find some positives in them. Who knows, you may come around to enjoying the characters if you let yourself.

I would have never asked for the Ice Climbers to be playable, but they have become some of my favorite characters because of Smash,

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
If I ever had the thought of not buying the game cross my mind I never would have joined here in the first place.

SPAddict

Smash Rookie
Fair enough, I find it odd that a few characters getting in over a few others would make you suddenly loose all interest in the game, but if it is that big of a deal to you, then you don't need to get the game.
Still, I think you are over reacting, the "Leak" hasn't been confirmed, and instead of thinking why didn't some characters get in, try looking at the ones that we have gotten and try to find some positives in them. Who knows, you may come around to enjoying the characters if you let yourself. I would have never asked for the Ice Climbers to be playable, but they have become some of my favorite characters because of Smash,
Great point, some of these newcomers Im not that psyched for from a character perspective but from a gameplay view...look really interesting to play e.g. Robin and Rosalina. Who knows what they do like or not like about a game until they play it!

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
You have to understand though, it's not just the four characters I wanted not getting in, it's also the character I played as for 8 years getting cut. :\

I'm undecided at this point. I do think Mega Man is awesome, and Shulk is too. I even like Villager a bit. So I guess I'll just have to wait for the final roster. I pray to God that this leak is debunked soon.

This is a golden opportunity for you to find more characters you like!

...though yeah, it's totally up to you if you want to dish out dollars for a Wii U or not. I get that.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'd buy this game even if my top 5 were cut and Samurai simultaneously deconfirmed all of my most wanted. :)

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
You have to understand though, it's not just the four characters I wanted not getting in, it's also the character I played as for 8 years getting cut. :\

I'm undecided at this point. I do think Mega Man is awesome, and Shulk is too. I even like Villager a bit. So I guess I'll just have to wait for the final roster. I pray to God that this leak is debunked soon.
I believe I have found a glaring contradiction in your statement!

Point 1: You believe the leak is real.

Point 2: You're upset because you believe that Lucas was cut.

Point 3: The leak states that Lucas shall be added as DLC.

The fact that the leak even mentions anything about DLC should tell you of its illegitimacy. Sakurai himself said that DLC would not be even considered until the game was out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The fact that the leak even mentions anything about DLC should tell you of its illegitimacy. Sakurai himself said that DLC would not be even considered until the game was out.
*cough*thedlcpartwasnttrue*cough*

Last edited by a moderator:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
If you're not getting the game just because a few of your characters didn't make the cut, then honestly, you would not have made such a big deal out of that.

Enjoy the game for what it is.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

WITH YOU!!!!!!!!

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Chrom & Takamaru were the only ones I seriously thought had a shot of the ones you mentioned. Chrom I was certain of, I knew Takamaru was a longshot. The rest, like Saki, Ghirahim, Ridley, K.Rool and Mewtwo returning were all things with high chances of not happening and only the most hopeful expecting them.

As for Lucas, I expected him cut ages ago, and accepted the possibility begrudgingly because I loved playing him.

The only thing about this 'leak' that pisses me off is Ice Climbers.

Tons of new guys I wanted didn't/are definitely not making it in, but Little Mac & Shulk were big ones for me, and losing Lucas isn't the end of the world with Ness around.

Assuming this is real, after getting past the kneejerk angst of priorities, I'm excited for all of the newcomers and the possibilities of the 'leaked' ones. Meanwhile EVERYONE I wanted returned except Lucas, IC and the better Pokemon characters.

I'm not going to not buy the game over a few characters I mostly braced myself for the cutting of.

The roster is still pretty damn cool and covers many bases. I just can't grasp the Ice Climbers thing.

Datdashtho

Smash Rookie
This reminds me of the melee days when the roster was leaked and people everywhere saying they arent buying it anymore

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Especially considering Project M will have better gameplay.
Project M's gameplay is terrible compared to the other smash games. At least competitively. Its more casual-competitive. If youre choosing a smash based on gameplay Id suggest any of the regular titles.

Last edited:

Ilovetwewy

Smash Rookie
Let me start the topic by saying I'm not trolling.

It's just that the roster has been a disaster for me, if the leak is to be believed.
- No Chrom
- No Ghirahim
- No Takamaru
- No Saki Amamiya

- No Ridley
- No K. Rool
- No Mewtwo

- LUCAS, MY MAIN, IS CUT!

I feel like Sakurai has been making a steady stream of mistakes. Mega Man and Shulk are cool, but they aren't enough for me to want to buy a Wii U for. Especially considering Project M will have better gameplay. Really, all Smash 4 had going for it was its roster and graphics. Why should I get it if it cuts my main, and doesn't add any of the characters I wanted?

Sorry for the negative vibe, but Ghirahim was deconfirmed tonight. Just when I got over my heartbreak of Chrom...
Lucas was my main too....But my Melee main is there at least but I don't believe this leak. Sakuraii wouldn't cut Lucas when we have Toon Link, one of the bigger clones from the franchise. Same with Wolf.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Chrom & Takamaru were the only ones I seriously thought had a shot of the ones you mentioned. Chrom I was certain of, I knew Takamaru was a longshot. The rest, like Saki, Ghirahim, Ridley, K.Rool and Mewtwo returning were all things with high chances of not happening and only the most hopeful expecting them.

As for Lucas, I expected him cut ages ago, and accepted the possibility begrudgingly because I loved playing him.

The only thing about this 'leak' that pisses me off is Ice Climbers.

Tons of new guys I wanted didn't/are definitely not making it in, but Little Mac & Shulk were big ones for me, and losing Lucas isn't the end of the world with Ness around.

Assuming this is real, after getting past the kneejerk angst of priorities, I'm excited for all of the newcomers and the possibilities of the 'leaked' ones. Meanwhile EVERYONE I wanted returned except Lucas, IC and the better Pokemon characters.

I'm not going to not buy the game over a few characters I mostly braced myself for the cutting of.

The roster is still pretty damn cool and covers many bases. I just can't grasp the Ice Climbers thing.
Ha ha! I used to thought that having Rosalina in Smash Bros was a long shot too

Shroob

Sup?
Been an Ice Climbers player since I owned Melee back in the day...

I think that should say it all.

Doomstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Doomstar
3DS FC
3539-9305-4908
Hey OP, small world, I'm from Mcallen too!

As far as the roster goes though, it's been pretty polarizing. I get what you're saying though; It's a little harder to enjoy a game when you're not so crazy about the roster but... I dunno.

Why should I get it if it cuts my main, and doesn't add any of the characters I wanted?
Really, all Smash 4 had going for it was its roster and graphics.
You might have answered your own question here. If you believe that, then PM is your best bet gameplay and roster wise. Costs less than a Wii U(nothing) and you keep your main. But really, like everyone else said, we can only wait around like idiots until Sakurai or the Japanese give us the roster.

Last edited:

Datdashtho

Smash Rookie
Anyway if the leak IS true there is speculation that ridley dixie kong and mewtwo are included which would more than make up for the lack of ice climbers

JForseti

Smash Journeyman
I bet people said this above, but I can't get my head around how people suddenly don't want to buy the game even though they spend their time on Smashboards so much, with a lot of anticipation for the new Smash.
Look at all the amazing characters that have already been added, have we been spoiled? If those characters you talk about would have been disconfirmed before and Megaman had been announced yesterday, you would have talked about buying the game in a heart beat.
You'll get over it.

Shroob

Sup?
I bet people said this above, but I can't get my head around how people suddenly don't want to buy the game even though they spend their time on Smashboards so much, with a lot of anticipation for the new Smash.
Look at all the amazing characters that have already been added, have we been spoiled? If those characters you talk about would have been disconfirmed before and Megaman had been announced yesterday, you would have talked about buying the game in a heart beat.
You'll get over it.
I've played Ice Climbers since they were added. No, no I really won't.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
SSB4 is taken quite granted despite what all amazing it has done and been able to outdo itself compared to it's last installments nowadays. Huh.

At the end, it's Sakurai's work. And he chooses to make it as great as it can be. I think we're blinded of his genius and wished he'd put in the characters we wanted (yeah, even past the fact that some are agreed super-popular and with high fanbase demand), which is why we get easily disappointed when we don't get what we expected, or even worse.

Think people befriending good artists just to get free art from them.

Biasment aside with some characters I wanted or support not being there, not being likely anymore or outright deconfirmed (Starfy, Toad, Saki, Chrom, Lip, Dixie and Isaac probably), I'm quite approving of the roster myself - it has quite more creative and memorable characters than in Brawl and we have some requests finally fulfilled from last games. Gaming Mascot Free 4 All, FE-rep that actually tributes to the series instead of making newcomers to it feel confused and alienated, reworked veterans for better (SHOWTIME!) and more.

Besides, on the cuts though is the fact that he must have been as saddened or disappointed to see them go as those who wanted to see them back. I think this guy has it most hardest, unless he shuffles characters like plain units for money-grabbing. He's really dedicated to each of them and it has shown very much recently.

It's your choice though. However, I don't think everything in SSB4 is gonna end up a disappointment to you - lest be full of them only. Unless you're very, very hard to please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom