• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone bugged by the name?

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i don't mind the name too much, but i too thought Olimar should have been before Pikmin

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Perhaps the Pikmin are the bigger part of the team and we dont realize that...

Who knows!!!!!

The one thing I do Know is that I cant wait to play as Pikmin & Olimar!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, but it is the Ice Climbers, not "Pop and Nana"

The name bothers me terribly. I'm sure I'll get over it, but it really bothers me, as does Pokemon Trainer. Two great character additions, but too horrible names, IMO. Why not Red and Captain Olimar? Or hell, even Gary and Olimar.

Whatever.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Yeah it bugs me a little bit, thought it would just be Captain Olimar. But I guess he wanted to acknowledge Pikmin just as much. Not really important compared to the fact that... OLIMAR IS CONFIRMED!!! :chuckle:

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I think that Captain Olimar would be a better name.

It's like calling Ice Climbers "Popo and Nana" and calling Pokemon Trainer "Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard and some ******* who just stands there in the background commanding them to fight to their deaths."

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I think that Captain Olimar would be a better name.

It's like calling Ice Climbers "Popo and Nana" and calling Pokemon Trainer "Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard and some ******* who just stands there in the background commanding them to fight to their deaths."
Lol that Pokemon Trainer joke was pretty dam hallarious, but yeah Cpt.Olimar would be better.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but it is the Ice Climbers, not "Pop and Nana"

The name bothers me terribly. I'm sure I'll get over it, but it really bothers me, as does Pokemon Trainer. Two great character additions, but too horrible names, IMO. Why not Red and Captain Olimar? Or hell, even Gary and Olimar.

Whatever.
Well, as for PT, you can just call him "The Trainer." It's kind of bada** if you think about it. :) Everyone will know WHAT he trains, so that's probably what I'll call him. (I can't just call him Red, cause none of my friends will get it, or adopt it.)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It should at least be Olimar & Pikmin, not vice versa. Olimar is the leader, and whoever states the minions first? It's not "300 and King Leonidas" or any kings name preceded by "his army" or the name of his army.

Foolish, but I'll take it if it means he's in the game...

Top Bottom